TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kelly Blue Book Retail Price on 2007 GT500 w/11000 SMiles

165MPHGT500

Sorry again - :lastyear: but the 07 will hold no more or less value than an 08 or 09 for that matter. It comes down to market and supply and demand. We have been over this 1000 times, if you are expecting long term value, ops! You already missed your mark. With 10K+ 07's built and 8K (supposed) 08's being built, they are already rarer! Now depending on how many 09..... get my point. The car is what it is, but in todays world, it is really just a car..... Drive it! Love it!... and stop worrying about if it will ever be worth anything more than what you paid for it, because bottom line, chance's are REAL good, that it won't! Sorry to burst that long term retirement plan!

Duly noted. Though you're already wrong here.

Come on Dan.

Alexandros obviously has the magic crystal ball that allows him to see 30 years in the future.

Why fight his superior knowledge.

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

Exactly! You know your are a newbie to the whole game if you bought your car, whatever year, and STILL think you are sitting on a gold mine! Good luck. yea.... I hope I live long enough to watch all these kids eat crow!

Ok, good valid comments but I think your wrong, the more that are made the more valuable the 07's will be. Statistically the first year runs always go for more $$$. I know that this is not the first year for the Shelby but it is the first year from a comeback point of view.

On offense, and you have an opinion, but trust me, NONE of these cars 07-08 or 09 will ever be the cars of the 60's that fetch high dollars today! Give me a break. But ok, and good luck on your investment, regardless of the year! :banghead:

You're obviously very young, own an 08 unfortunately and don't have a clue on how collectibility works with cars. I suggest you start by going down to Barrett-Jackson. We bought our cars to drive...I make my investments in the stock market...at the same time I can tell you how the car game works it is what it is and I'm very sorry you ended up with an 08.

First off, I am not very young, do own an 08 by choice pretty much, and have had collectibles (69 Boss 302 vert) I would go neck and neck with your stellar investment strategy, but whatever puts a wind in your sail! By the way, I know we have gone head to head before (you and half the forum for that matter) but do you even own a car? And bottom line, I am not sorry I own an 08, no more or less than he who owns an 07 or 09 for that matter, as we all own Shelby's, limited or not. But I doubt there are to many morons who bought this car hoping to cash in come 30 years from now! So sorry if I do not take your advice or seek out your never ending car collection expertise!

Once again, I need to apologize for allowing a few (the same) members/posters to suck me into the stupidity of some of these ridiculous arguments. To all of you who know me better, again, sorry, to those of you who do not, I just love the cars, Shelby's and Stangs, and hate when people come here just to bash, insult, and taunt members. I do not mind opinions, but the personal attacks get really old and stupid. So this is my last post on this thread, on to those that matter!

I see $66,442 for a new 07 GT500 vert and $65,275 for my 07 with 13k on it. KBB doesn't show a book value for a new 08 - I believe since there isn't enough info yet.

My guess on the 07 values is that we may be seeing the intro year - or first year effect. 07s may ultimately retain better value than 08s. Just like the 64 1/2 and so on...the first may not be the best, but it has a certain cache that goes with it by virtue of being the first. Just like we see the ADMs falling for the 08s - the perceived value of the 07s will always be higher.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I believe there is some truth to that, remeber that the 07` is the 40th anniversary Shelby .

First off, I am not very young, do own an 08 by choice pretty much, and have had collectibles (69 Boss 302 vert) I would go neck and neck with your stellar investment strategy, but whatever puts a wind in your sail! By the way, I know we have gone head to head before (you and half the forum for that matter) but do you even own a car? And bottom line, I am not sorry I own an 08, no more or less than he who owns an 07 or 09 for that matter, as we all own Shelby's, limited or not. But I doubt there are to many morons who bought this car hoping to cash in come 30 years from now! So sorry if I do not take your advice or seek out your never ending car collection expertise!

-10 (grammar/spelling)

Once again, I need to apologize for allowing a few (the same) members/posters to suck me into the stupidity of some of these ridiculous arguments. To all of you who know me better, again, sorry, to those of you who do not, I just love the cars, Shelby's and Stangs, and hate when people come here just to bash, insult, and taunt members. I do not mind opinions, but the personal attacks get really old and stupid. So this is my last post on this thread, on to those that matter!

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Don't worry about it. We all know who they are.

HSURB

Look whatever goes on with this board can not always be taken seriously. Everyone has their own opinions. Right or wrong. What I don't understand is that you don't take ownership for your own postings. You blame other people for" drawing you into this". The least you can do is take responsibility for your actions. I post here and some of what I post is proven wrong and I am very willing to accept that, but until you take responsibility for your own actions in life, whatever they may be, you will never be content with yourself as a person. JMHO.

Look whatever goes on with this board can not always be taken seriously. Everyone has their own opinions. Right or wrong. What I don't understand is that you don't take ownership for your own postings. You blame other people for" drawing you into this". The least you can do is take responsibility for your actions. I post here and some of what I post is proven wrong and I am very willing to accept that, but until you take responsibility for your own actions in life, whatever they may be, you will never be content with yourself as a person. JMHO.

Like this one! :censored: Yada yada yada! :stirpot: Done!!!! :chairshot:

Don't you have something else you should be doing???? Like trying to squeeze your children and grandchildren out of a nickel? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

HSURB

You are right...remember it's the 40th anniversary of the first GT-500 and the first Shelby to be produced since "the day". That's exactly why I did not wait to get a better deal on an 08. This whole concept has been proven time and time again throughout history.

Just like you, I have done my share of research and you are also right. No offense to 08s and possibly 09s, but 07s will hold there value better.

Thanks

Peace and health to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ask that no one rudely insult another forum member on their ideas or their cars if you have a difference of opinion please use respect.

+1, respect other members opinion and if anyone can not accept it, please do not comment rudely. Do not forget guys and gals we are all on the same boat. To each his own.

Thank you for your time and understanding

No need to insult people (MORONS). I guess if you do not respect the members opinions then Yes this should be your last post on this subject and let the others discuss in peace. thanks

Nicely, politely and very professionally said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Those numbers are crap. Just go to Ebay and see what sold cars have actually sold for. That's the true pricing. If I could sell mine at $65K, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then get an 08 at MSRP. Better yet, go to your Ford dealer and tell them you want $60K + for your used 07. They will laugh at you as if you asked to order a KR at invoice.

I've had a lot of classic Mustangs, but I don't remember that particular model... :headscratch:

Archived