TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS to be in full production

Vogon

JUST WHAT YOU JUST SAID WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE.BUT INSTEAD SAI GIVE THERE SS DEPOSITORS NOTHING!

You don't get it do you?

They couldn't tell you, nor would they want too in fear of someone high up in a government roll reading in the press that SAI blames CARB/CAFE Gov't. for delays on bad ass Super Car!

Yeah, that would look real great in the headlines or the magazines now wouldn't it? Piss off a government officaial on ANY level & your in deep deep sh!t. Better to let them take their sweat azz time then let that kind of info out before approval & risk never getting it, right? Then where would they be & how would they look? In my book they did the right thing by NOT SAYING A WORD! Either you want it & can wait or you can't & want to complain.

You don't get it do you?

They couldn't tell you, nor would they want too in fear of someone high up in a government roll reading in the press that SAI blames CARB/CAFE Gov't. for delays on bad ass Super Car!

Yeah, that would look real great in the headlines or the magazines now wouldn't it? Piss off a government officaial on ANY level & your in deep deep sh!t. Better to let them take their sweat azz time then let that kind of info out before approval & risk never getting it, right? Then where would they be & how would they look? In my book they did the right thing by NOT SAYING A WORD! Either you want it & can wait or you can't & want to complain.

all i'm saying is there customer service is horrible,if they knew they where not going to get approval right away then they should not still be taking deposits on something they cant deliver.

and thats it have a wonderful day

all i'm saying is there customer service is horrible,if they knew they where not going to get approval right away then they should not still be taking deposits on something they cant deliver.

and thats it have a wonderful day

Sorry, I fully agree with SAI on this point (THE DEPOSIT). The only reason to give your deposit with an open production is for a low CSM number. You could have waited until every detail was disclosed before giving up your money. The communication is a seperate issue from the deposit, they are not one in the same.

are they schedualling the 08 cars befor the 07's? My car is 07SS0025 and I have not gotten a call for schedualling.

i dont know how they are going to do the 07s compared to the 08s. my car was shipped from Ford to SAI (thru GAUDIN FORD). it will have to sit there until they are ready for her. just couldnt pay to have the car come here and the ship it to Vegas.

so the wait begins....

michael morris

Michael it looks like your going to have to wait a bit longer still. I received an e-mail from Cynthia Robinson of SAI this week talking about the time frame for the Super Snake package. Like most all of you here, I've paid my deposit for the Super Snake package and am dying to have this conversion complete. With the recent post by Amy Boylan stating that the packages are ready to begin I thought I'd reach out to SAI via e-mail and find out when they'd be ready for me. I have a fairly low CSM number of 07SS0032 and I was hoping it would be soon. Here's what Cynthia had to say in her message.

"Super Snake will not begin until the start of the year, so right now, we

do not have a firm date for you because we have not even begun

scheduling. When we start scheduling in January, it will be in order

corresponding to dates deposits were received and CSM #'s. You can check

back with me in about February or March, once we've had some cars in

here and now how long each car takes to convert and how many we are

producing in a month's time."

It looks like your car will have to wait at least a couple more months in Vegas. Let's all pray that SAI is able to actually hits these dates! :kuko:

Michael it looks like your going to have to wait a bit longer still. I received an e-mail from Cynthia Robinson of SAI this week talking about the time frame for the Super Snake package. Like most all of you here, I've paid my deposit for the Super Snake package and am dying to have this conversion complete. With the recent post by Amy Boylan stating that the packages are ready to begin I thought I'd reach out to SAI via e-mail and find out when they'd be ready for me. I have a fairly low CSM number of 07SS0032 and I was hoping it would be soon. Here's what Cynthia had to say in her message.

"Super Snake will not begin until the start of the year, so right now, we

do not have a firm date for you because we have not even begun

scheduling. When we start scheduling in January, it will be in order

corresponding to dates deposits were received and CSM #'s. You can check

back with me in about February or March, once we've had some cars in

here and now how long each car takes to convert and how many we are

producing in a month's time."

It looks like your car will have to wait at least a couple more months in Vegas. Let's all pray that SAI is able to actually hits these dates! :kuko:

i hope its earlier, but they aint much i can do. like yall i will keep in touch with SAI. i will even let them use my car as a TEST car.

michael morris

You don't get it do you?

In my book they did the right thing by NOT SAYING A WORD! Either you want it & can wait or you can't & want to complain.

Coldie, that's BS! From the get go, this has been a highly promoted package with information coming from SAI at a snails pace. They let the proverbial cat out of the bag waaaaaay before they were ready for the attention and orders. It has been almost 7 months since the first announcement, I have given up trying to stay current with options: brakes, suspension, etc. since it could change again until production actually starts. SAI has had my deposit since late July / early August and I can understand the frustration I share with others although I have the patience to wait 'em out until the end.

Don't be an apologist for SAI. They are not very well organized (Adrianne emailed two weeks ago saying they did not have my deposit on file, and I gave her my CSM# for confirmation); this has been a work in progress since the start (hoods, blowers, suspension, ad nauseum) and we are talking about a good chunk of change to have sitting in SAI vaults which was supposed to build said inventory that still is non-existant.

Through the course of this process SAI could have been more attentive to those who have paid deposits by communicating status of ANY sort and eliminating all of the myths and mis-information. They should have had a plan and stuck to it, they have not. Amy says production 1Nov, Adrienne says January, JW is probably keeping his head low on purpose. This is just the latest in a long line of errors and oversights by SAI to their customers.

That said, I am as anxious to get my car in as anybody else. When I get the call I'll know it is for real, let's just hope Carroll is still around by then.

You don't get it do you?

by the way you don't need goverment approval for post title modifications!

by the way you don't need goverment approval for post title modifications!

Correct, but you need EOs (executive orders) from the manufacturers, and the EO tags affixed to the modified parts, or the gov't will bury you in fines so deep that you will not be able to dig out. Absolutely.

It hapened recently to an after-market modifier, and they got slammed...

Seems to me, good things are worth waiting for. Just about everyone who has a Shelby GT500 waited a long time to get theirs and most are happy.

A shop has to line up commitments from their suppliers, arrange credit with them, get approvals as you have read about and gear up for production. It is nearly impossible to hit all of goals because of a number if things, so getting close counts IMO.

They also have to hire up the people that will do the work and they can't do that until they are sure they have all of their ducks in row. One duck out of formation can be disasterous from a cost standpoint. Frankly, I wouldn't hire anyone until I had all of the parts for the first hundred or so cars and a guarantee of future parts delivery. That includes Government approvals.

I owe no allegiance to Shelby and my opinion is based upon MBM.

I'm sorry, but I've been away from here for awhile so I'm a bit late to the party. Who said the production is being held up by emmissions E.O.'s?

Are you getting the alumimun or fiberglass body? mine should be here in spring of 08

Me? OHH... Aluminum.

Are you one of the 10?

Don't I wish! But only 382 more to go. Well, plus some '08's I'm sure... :banghead:

At the risk of really long posts, here's my email, including 40th Anniversary cars and the Terlingua. If anyone replies to this, please don't include the whole message again in your response:

SHELBY 11-30-07 CORRECTED COPY

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

Shelby Owners, Future Shelby Owners, and all you guys inquiring on the GT500 packages:

COMMUNICATIONS:

To date, we have converted 45 Shelby GT500s into 40th Anniversary cars. Scheduling is starting to become increasingly faster, and we expect to have approximately 80 of these cars done by the end of the year. The 40th Anniversary package is capped at 500 units. We have sold over 400 packages now, so the availability will be gone soon. We have made a change in the suspension (adding an adjustable pan hard bar). All customers that have had cars that have been delivered prior to this change will be sent the pan hard bar. The bar will come pre adjusted, so you should be able to do a simple swap to readjust the geometry of the rear end.

40th Anniversary

Here are the parameters of the 40th Anniversary cars.

You must own a 2007 GT500

Coupe $11,250

or Convertible $12,499

Tax not included.

CONTENTS

Exterior

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

Aluminum hood grille inserts

SHELBY deck letters

40th Anniversary badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

40th Anniversary silver stripes

Front and rear brake ducts

Faux Gas Cap 40th Anniversary trim ring

Interior

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered engine plaque

40th Anniversary door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby signature 40th Anniversary floor mats

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and oil dipstick handle

Center Gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost,

fuel pressure, oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Center Console Arm Rest cover

Shelby Logo for Door Handles

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Adjustable Pan Hard Bar

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

20x9in. American Racing Shelby Razors (Silver, Gun Metal, Shelby Exclusive Black or Chrome as an upgrade option)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear

. this package is subject to change without notice

. tire substitution may be made based on availability

PERFORMANCE OPTIONS:

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PERFORMED UPGRADES TO YOUR GT500 TUNE, WE WILL NEED THE TUNER WITH THE CAR.

600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

600HP is the max. power option available on the convertible.

600HP will be warrantied (extent of warranty to be determined), 700+HP package has NO DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY

700+HP package will use a Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger upgrade

The 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft

Power upgrade to 700+HP will be $10,000. This will include the Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger, Borla Exhaust upgrade, one piece drive shaft and labor.

You can opt for the polished supercharger for an additional $500.

The 600HP package will be approximately $7500.

The short throw shifter is NOW available for an additional $549.99

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4189.98 installed. You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com.

TAKE OFF PARTS

You must request that your take off parts are returned before we begin modifying your car.

We will not be responsible for any damages that these parts may incur during removal or shipping.

Any parts that will fit into the trunk or back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it. The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

SHIPPING OF TAKE OFF PARTS

At the time your car is slated to come to our Mod Shop, we will have a quote for the shipment of your take off parts. Due to packaging, you cannot select which parts you take and which parts you do not want shipped. If you are hauling your car and will be taking your parts with you, we can package the parts for an additional fee. If you have any parts that you do not want, we will dispose of them for you. We WILL NOT credit you for any take off parts that you do not wish to keep.

SERIAL NUMBERS

The CSM numbering will look like this: 07XL0001

07-year model

XL- 40 (40th Anniversary)

0001-sequencing number

Super Snake

PRODUCTION UPDATE

The Super Snake project will begin mid December. We have now built two Super Snakes, the 700+HP concept car(red) and the 600HP concept car (Grabber Orange). Many of you have already seen pictures of these beasts and some have actually seen it in person. "Menacing" is the best word I have heard used to describe it.

Super Snake upgrades are available for all GT500 07' and 08' model year cars.

We have started making calls for the Super Snake and taking deposits and assigning CSM numbers.

The first 10 cars have been called in for production.

The CSM Numbering of the Super Snake will look like this:

07SS0001

08SS0001

07,08- year model

SS- Super Snake

0001-sequencing number

Cynthia Robinson will be the point of contact on the Super Snake. 702-942-7325 or e-mail at cynthiar@shelbyautos.com. She will be very busy for the next few weeks making calls on the Super Snake. Any general questions about the package can also be answered by Doug Sinclair, at the same number or dougs@shelbyautos.com.

STRIPES

All Super Snake packages will get triple Matte Black Stripes. No exceptions, we want people to be able to recognize this outstanding package from a distance and know exactly what it is...especially when it approached in their review view mirror...time to move over.. If you haven't ordered your car yet and want this package it should be ordered without a stripe to make the conversion cleaner as the old stripes will have to be removed if they are already installed.

Super Snake parameters are as follows:

2007 or 2008 GT500.

Coupe or Convertible

600HP package is $27,995

700+HP package is $31,995

Convertible max power is the 600HP package. NO EXCEPTIONS.

CONTENT

Exterior

Functional Shelby Super Snake hood with hood pins (fiberglass)

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

SHELBY deck letters

Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders

The 40th Anniversary badge will be an option for the 07 Super Snake cars (front grille).

Sequential tail lights

Matte Black Super Snake Striping

Front and rear brake ducts

Side scoops

Quarter window scoops/block off plates

Interior

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered engine plaque

Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby Super Snake floor mats

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and oil dipstick handle

Center Gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost,

fuel pressure, oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Satin door lock knobs

Shelby Super Snake Embroidered head rest

Center console with Shelby Super Snake logo

Performance

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PERFORMED UPGRADES TO YOUR GT500 TUNE, WE WILL NEED THE TUNER WITH THE CAR.

Shelby Supercharger upgrade

600HP will use a Ford Racing Super Charger

600HP will use a Ford Racing suspension

Shelby/Bear Extreme 6 piston caliper brake system (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black)

Shelby/Eibach adjustable coil over suspension (700+HP)

Shelby/Eibach sway bars(700+HP)

Borla cat-back exhaust system

Short Throw Shifter

Cold Air intake

3.73:1 Differential

700+HP package will use a Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger upgrade.

700+HP package will include a one piece drive shaft.

Tires and Wheels

20in. Shelby Alcoa wheels (Durabright finish 20X9 front and 20X10 rear)

Tires to be determined

. this package is subject to change without notice

. tire substitution may be made based on availability

TAKE OFF PARTS

You must request that your take off parts are returned before we begin modifying your car.

We will not be responsible for any damages that these parts may incur during removal or shipping.

Any parts that will fit into the trunk and back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it. The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

SHIPPING OF TAKE OFF PARTS

At the time your car is slated to come to our Mod Shop, we will have a quote for the shipment of your take off parts. Due to packaging, you cannot select which parts you take and which parts you do not want shipped. If you are trailoring your car and will be taking your parts with you, we can package the parts for an additional fee. If you have any parts that you do not want, we will dispose of them for you. We WILL NOT credit you for any take off parts that you do not wish to keep.

OTHER SUPER SNAKE QUESTIONS

We will be offering a discount on the Super Snake package if it is built on the 08' GT500KR. This discount has not been established. Stay tuned as we finalize the price and content.

OTHER QUESTIONS

On both packages. We will only give credit for previously modified cars if the components have been purchased from Shelby Performance Parts. The components that we will give credit for must be one of the components used in our package. We will credit you in the amount of the cost for the parts only, not labor. Floor mats are excluded because the mats are different.

King Of The Road

The King of the Road will be hitting the streets in Spring 08. All of the allocations were awarded through a lottery put on by Ford. Contact your local dealer for details on how to get your hands on one of these Kings.

The King will be offered in 3 color combinations: Vapor with Blue Stripes, Vista Blue with Silver Stripes and Black with Black stripes. This 540HP monster will bolster Ford Racing Suspension, Exclusive 18" tires and wheels, and a King of the Road Hood with the distinct look that the Shelby's carried in the late 60's. The interior will have exclusive badging and embroidered headrests. The 540HP will be attained by a cold air intake and Shelby tune.

The King of the Road will begin it's life in a very similar to how the Shelby GT does. Ford will build the GT500 at it's plant in Flatrock, Michigan. Any options such as halogen headlights, navigation, Shaker 500 or 1000 stereos and interior options can be added while ordering your KR through your dealer. It will then be shipped to our Las Vegas facility to be upfitted to "the King". While your vehicle is in Las Vegas, you can take advantage of our Museum Delivery Program to pick up your car RIGHT HERE AT SHELBY WORLD HEADQUARTERS! Contact Adrienne Poplin for details. AdrienneP@shelbyautos.com

But before you make arrangements to pick your car up here, be sure to browse www.ShelbyPerformanceParts.com to see if there is anything else we can add for you while your car is being upfitted.

Terlingua

Unveiled at SEMA earlier this month, the V6 Terlingua made it's powerful debut. This is a post title modification that we can add to a customer's existing 2005-2008 V6 Mustang. The package listed below is available starting at $18,995 installed. Pictures can be seen at www.ShelbyAutos.com

As this is a new program, parts and components are subject to change.

Exterior:

. Fiber glass deep draw hood in "gawdawful" yellow

. CS6 style front fascia

. Flat black mesh grille

. Terlingua rabbit billet front logo

. "Terlingua 1860" hood pin kit

. "Gawdawful" yellow striping kit

. Terlingua sticker package w/ Hood logo, side fender logos

. "07" Racing "meatball" stickers

. New V6 rear lip spoiler

. Shelby GT500 style rear fascia w/ exhaust-hole cover inserts-

. CDC rear deck-lid cover

. Terlingua shield logo trunk-lid emblem

. Side scoops

. Aluminum side window plates painted flat black w/ aluminum rivets

. Sequential Tail lights

. Terlingua hub cap covers

. Running board heat shields

. Racing fuel filler door cover

Interior:

. Door sill plates with Terlingua Racing Team logo

. Floor mat emblems with Carroll Shelby signature

. Terlingua Racing shift knob

. Numbered center dash plaque

. Numbered engine plaque

. Ford GT start button kit

. Terlingua Key Chain

. Quarter window block-off plates interior

. Terlingua Engine cap kit

. Shelby gauge pod with boost gauge

. Terlingua Racing black bucket seats

Performance

POWER: Paxton Supercharger 375+ HP

EXHAUST: Borla cat-back side exhaust

TRASMISSION: Manual Transmission with Short throw shifter

SUSPENSION: Ford Racing Suspension Kit

BRAKES: 6 Piston big brake kit in "gawdawful" yellow - Baer

WHEELS: 20in. Razor Wheels in anthracite - American Racing

TIRES: 255/35/20 - TBD

Speaking of having this package installed starting at $18,995. Many of you may have heard about our authorized Mod Shops that we are opening nationwide. Right now, we are happy to announce that we have added two Mod Shops to our Team. Tasca Ford, in Rhode Island, has been a longtime friend of Shelby. They have once again teamed up with us to be able to offer an authorized Shelby Mod Shop on the East Coast. For you guys in the South, we partnered with Quantum Performance, in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Either of these two Mod centers will be able to upfit you Mustang into a 40th Anniversary, a Super Snake, or a Terlingua. They will also be offering upgrades to Mustang owners that want to add that Shelby "Zing" without adding a complete package to their car. Contact Chris Pessinis at ChrisP@ShelbyAutos.com for more information.

Be sure to watch your local news stands! The Shelby Super Snake was recently featured on the cover of Road Track's December issue. Also, Shelby's "Back to the Future" Annual has just been released and will give great insight to the rich history of Shelby, current programs going on at Shelby Automobiles, and a good idea of where we will to be going in the future! These magazines as well as others that may feature one of our Shelby Mustangs can be found at your local book stores, grocery stores, and department stores that carry periodicals.

As you can see from this update, we have many exciting things happening. And you know, we have more coming.

Thank you for your continued interest in genuine Shelby Performance packages. They truly make your Shelby something special. Your business and satisfaction are important to us.

Best regards,

Team Shelby.

Archived