TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GOOD NEWS!!!

TAHOE GT

Glad to hear you have good insurance Tahoe...............my gut feeling after reviewing your car is it will be a total loss.

Its got to be at least $30,000+ to fix, probably more........

TAKE IT TO A SHOP THAT WILL GIVE YOU A HIGH ENOUGH ESTIMATE so the insurance co. will total it.

TAKE IT TO A SHOP THAT WILL GIVE YOU A HIGH ENOUGH ESTIMATE so the insurance co. will total it.

you don't want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You want a new GT500

Good luck!!!!

I am sure it is totaled. Once a car has rolled, the integrity of it is very compromised. I was pretty sure they would pay for it as a HPDE (High Performance Drivers Education) is not a timed event and that ensures that it will be covered. Your insurance would NOT pay for a crash at a timed event ie 1/4 mile.

Buy it back and sink the engine and an auto tranny in a dedicated road course car, use the rest for a new Shelby to cruise in :)

Probably something like this

"We have the capability to build the world's first bionic car. Tahoe GT will be that car. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster"

:) sorry couldn't resist. you can all let the theme tune now plague your existance for a while :hysterical2:

young guys on the site, Blockbuster that way ---------------------------> ask for bionic man.............. and bullitt :hysterical:

Off topic, but I met the real $6 million man in 1990. Bruce Peterson was our head of flight safety on the B-2.

Thanks, all. This news really is a HUGEload off of my mind. It means I won't have to make payments on a parts car. It'll be interesting to see what the body shop has to say.

Thats great to here i also have Mercury for the Shelby.I also had Condon & Skelly which is connected to Met Life for my 67 Camaro and holy crap i hope none of you have them for anything they truly are the worst.I can't stress this enough run for your broker and switch.

Thats great to here i also have Mercury for the Shelby.I also had Condon & Skelly which is connected to Met Life for my 67 Camaro and holy crap i hope none of you have them for anything they truly are the worst.I can't stress this enough run for your broker and switch.

Sorry to hear that about Condon & Skelly- I have my '70 Charger insured through them. Have you personally had problems with them? Maybe I should switch... I have everything else through USAA, but don't think they have a policy for "specialty vehicles", driven < 1000 miles/year, etc....

I am sure it is totaled. Once a car has rolled, the integrity of it is very compromised. I was pretty sure they would pay for it as a HPDE (High Performance Drivers Education) is not a timed event and that ensures that it will be covered. Your insurance would NOT pay for a crash at a timed event ie 1/4 mile.

Buy it back and sink the engine and an auto tranny in a dedicated road course car, use the rest for a new Shelby to cruise in :)

I rolled a car once, had it repaired, and it drove fine. Unlike Tahoe's, mine only went half way over and landed on it's roof. It actually slid on it's roof for about 50 feet before being stopped by a large rock. It looks like Tahoe's worst damage was from the second 180 degrees.

Sorry to hear that about Condon & Skelly- I have my '70 Charger insured through them. Have you personally had problems with them? Maybe I should switch... I have everything else through USAA, but don't think they have a policy for "specialty vehicles", driven < 1000 miles/year, etc....

My car was stolen and they just drag everything out still not paid.Do some research and switch i here Hagerty is graet from alot of people (a little late for me)

Archived