TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sequential Tail Lights

I installed sequential taillights in my 2003 Mach 1 several months ago. I ordered them from www.sequentialtaillights.com and am completely satisfied with the quality and design. They offer a true plug and play version, but I opted for the cut & splice version to save $70, plus I'm fairly handy working on my own cars. Took about 2 hours to do the entire install taking my time and repackaging and taping up everything way better than the factory could ever do.

Also, the kit I ordered has an adjustable flasher to change the cycles per minute anywhere from 40 flashes per minute to 60 flashes per minute. Some kits are not adjustable, so you're stuck with whatever speed the maker felt was good. I'd suggest looking for an adjustable one to fine tune your own preferences.

Has anyone ever tried installing sequential tail lights? Here's a company that seems to specialize in what looks like an easy install kit that plugs right in and replaces the existing wire harness with no cutting and splicing. Would you do this to your Shelby?

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

I installed them from Classic Design Concepts. They are easy. Here is a link and if you call just tell Kim that Bill from Indianapolis refered you. www.classicdesignconcepts.com I have them in my 05 and they are the bomb.

Can anyone tell me what is in the kits? I work at an electronic supply company, and have most of this stuff readily available.

Let's see, mine came with a reworked flasher (for under the dash) with a set screw for adjusting the flash cycles per minute, also came with two new sockets (to replace the taillights without brake light functionality), related wiring, splices, and two magic boxes that control the sequencing of the lights (one for each side). I hope that is descriptive enough for you to find the right stuff to make your own kit.

It really seems do-able, Might just be a different resistance for the sequencing of each light. Anyone understand why all three lights don't light up on the normal tail lights on the current gen. stangs? I never could figure that one out. Even the rousch trunk cover replaced the third bar with a black piece.

Cool! Thanks for the information and the link! I'm on it! Man, it's just like 1967 Again....

WHERE IS MY CAR?, :banghead: I WANT MY CAR! :banghead: I WANT IT, AND I WANT IT NOW! :banghead: please, can I have my car? :cry: plezzze....?

Okay, I feel better now. Sorry for the outburst, I just lost it there for a second.

Sigh - yet another case of PSDS.

I'll probably be up all night again.

The Doctor is in. :hysterical:

Yep, your right. I got it bad Jack! :shrug:

:hysterical:

Five Oh - your site says they're working on a kit for the '05 (which I would presume would inlcude our's).

That is my understanding - he is still working on a 2005+ kit. The guy that owns that site makes these kits one at a time in his own home - they are not mass-produced by factory or minimum wage workers slapping them together. The quality is fantastic. I hope he has a 2005+ kit ready soon, as I could easily refer hundreds of Mustang owners to him. I've already referred quite a few 1996-2004 Mustang owners his way and am seeing more and more Mustangs on the streets and at car shows with the kits installed.

I've seen a couple Mustangs with the CDC Dynamite Sticks, and they appear to work just fine. One of our techs at the dealership has a 2005 GT with them and they look good. However, they are not adjustable so you gotta hope you like the speed at which they fire.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 24 2006, 12:21 PM) 14860[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I could easily refer hundreds of Mustang owners to him.

Can I be added to the list of hundreds?

Go to his website and e-mail him. Tell him you want his sequential taillights available for the 2005-7 Mustangs.... Click Here.

• 5 months later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 24 2006, 09:21 AM) 14860[/snapback]

That is my understanding - he is still working on a 2005+ kit. The guy that owns that site makes these kits one at a time in his own home - they are not mass-produced by factory or minimum wage workers slapping them together. The quality is fantastic. I hope he has a 2005+ kit ready soon, as I could easily refer hundreds of Mustang owners to him. I've already referred quite a few 1996-2004 Mustang owners his way and am seeing more and more Mustangs on the streets and at car shows with the kits installed.

I've seen a couple Mustangs with the CDC Dynamite Sticks, and they appear to work just fine. One of our techs at the dealership has a 2005 GT with them and they look good. However, they are not adjustable so you gotta hope you like the speed at which they fire.

I just finished installing the CDC Dynamite Sticks in the Shelby. What an easy install, except working around the Shaker 1000 in the trunk for the right hand taillight assembly. Took about 15 minutes. No splicing, all factory type connectors etc.

They seem to work great.

BTW, there are different kits for the 05 and 06-07 models. CDC has them both. Nice kit for about a buck and a half. :shift:

• 1 year later...
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 24 2006, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I just finished installing the CDC Dynamite Sticks in the Shelby. What an easy install, except working around the Shaker 1000 in the trunk for the right hand taillight assembly. Took about 15 minutes. No splicing, all factory type connectors etc.

They seem to work great.

BTW, there are different kits for the 05 and 06-07 models. CDC has them both. Nice kit for about a buck and a half. :shift:

This year Santa brought me Web Electric's Sequential Tail light harness. :happy feet:

What a great product !! With the chrome light sockets and solid wire construction

and connectors it was a plug and play installation. Took about an hour. Sub woofer had to come out

with the amps to get the right tail light removed, but other than that it was staight up wrenching !

Works perfectly Nice product.

th_07ShelbySequentialTailLights005.jpg

th_07ShelbySequentialTailLights004.jpg

th_07ShelbySequentialTailLights003.jpg

th_07ShelbySequentialTailLights002.jpg

th_07ShelbySequentialTailLights001.jpg

ItalianStallion

Hey, Just in case you cant get the set from this guy , I just happen to receive my set. I ordered them from Brothers Performance. 1800-486-2681 or www. brothersperformance.com. It was very easy to install it took me 20 min. They have No shipping charge! You dont have to return your original just in case you want to keep it . As far as quality they seam good to me.

O7RedConvShelby

I Think it's a awesome add on! I bought mine from Shelby Performance. One note when replacing the stock harrness and factory bulbs. I used rubber gloves when touching and removing the bulbs.

Happy cruising........................

I got mine from Webelectricproducts.com and love them. The guys there were great and would talk you all the way through it if needed.

The install was very simple. Just pop out the old harnesses and put in the new. Great quality as well.

They will take you old harness as a core for like $30 off. Check first, it's been over a year since I got mine.

Many regular mustang owners think it's OEM on the GT500 when we talk.

They sequence and the emer flashers flash inside to out, as well as the brake lights. :happy feet:

Archived