TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SUNDAYS MUSTANG CAR SHOW

1badsho

Finally put my SHELBY in a show this past sunday and got a 1st place ribbon :happy feet: Granted it wasnt a big trophy but the Judges looked at the car and did there normal point system and my car for almost a daily driver earned enough points for a 1st place ribbon !!

I need to find out from the forum how to again show a lot of photos in this thread for I know there is a limit.

First few picts our of my car and the engine bay and my gauge pod on the A pillar.

I have the brushed alum fuse box cover with a snake on it and the Shelby caps. I also bought the stainless steal hood prop that looks real nice ... only issue is that when putting it in the slot of the hood .. it really scratched the paint area.

So i am going to touch that up and prob spray a square area of black ... and than get some two way tape and put a thin, small rubber square to eliminate future issues

I also ordered the GT super car valve covers but didnt have them installed. They will go in sometime in the next few weeks.

Pics of my car and some of the other fine stangs !

post-7556-1193675162_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193675162_thumb.jpg

my gauge pods

post-7556-1193675860_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193675860_thumb.jpg

this guy made this car into a EXP500 ... supposedly ford made one convertible in a GT500 and was never put into production .. this is that car .. reproduce ... it was SWEET

post-7556-1193675960_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193675960_thumb.jpg

EXP 500 engine compartment .. notice anything odd ?

post-7556-1193676013_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193676013_thumb.jpg

beautiful mercury

post-7556-1193676065_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193676065_thumb.jpg

I like your fuse cover, and the gauge pod is great too. Is that an LED shift light next to the gauges?

yes ... prob the one of the most functional mods to have .... i dont race .. but the one time i did ...it came in handy .. i have it set at 6000 rpms

engine compartement of the mercury

post-7556-1193676149_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193676149_thumb.jpg

nice cougar

post-7556-1193676214_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193676214_thumb.jpg

cougars engine compartment

post-7556-1193676260_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193676260_thumb.jpg

sweet torino ....

post-7556-1193676372_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193676372_thumb.jpg

Finally put my SHELBY in a show this past sunday and got a 1st place ribbon :happy feet: Granted it wasnt a big trophy but the Judges looked at the car and did there normal point system and my car for almost a daily driver earned enough points for a 1st place ribbon !!

I need to find out from the forum how to again show a lot of photos in this thread for I know there is a limit.

First few picts our of my car and the engine bay and my gauge pod on the A pillar.

I have the brushed alum fuse box cover with a snake on it and the Shelby caps. I also bought the stainless steal hood prop that looks real nice ... only issue is that when putting it in the slot of the hood .. it really scratched the paint area.

So i am going to touch that up and prob spray a square area of black ... and than get some two way tape and put a thin, small rubber square to eliminate future issues

I also ordered the GT super car valve covers but didnt have them installed. They will go in sometime in the next few weeks.

Pics of my car and some of the other fine stangs !

Congratulations!!!! :banvictory:

torinos engine bay

post-7556-1193676432_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193676432_thumb.jpg

Looks nice Don ,Were is the strut tower brace for your car ?

I chose not to use it. It such a tight fit that Id rather leave it off. Just my preference. I thought about putting it on for the show and might for the next one.

This club has monthly shows only on Sundays and thats the only day I have off so it works real well.

The next show is in Bradenton and they expect over 300 cars .. its HUGE ... so i will make sure to get some picts .

I will have my new valve covers on by than and maybe the new cams ... still waffling if i am going to put the GT super car cams in while my valve covers are off

another engine shot of my car :

post-7556-1193676984_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193676984_thumb.jpg

Shock towers are gone

EXP GT500 convertible

YEP ... car was really cool ..... everything was powered coated ..... the rear alot of the fabs were done in figerglass and had to do it numerous times to get the fit perfect ... a perfect car ... lots and lots of time and money spent on it ...

The car since the rebuild has 384 total miles on it. I asked him when he was driving it to a show does he have eyes sticking out of the back of his head .... :hysterical2:

Pretty much yes .... he is always aware of his surroundings

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :banvictory::victory::yahoo:

LOVE THE COLOR TOO!!! :happy feet:

Of course laurie ... for you have exquiste taste in cars .... red is the HOTTEST color and certainly the fastest ! :happy feet:

Thanks for the nice compliement !

Besides no shock towers there is no power brakes and many later engine parts on it also. Interesting car !

The engine compartment of the EXP GT500 to say different .. is a understatement. It just didnt have the normal stuff you see in it.. I was so busy looking at other cars didnt think of the other stuff that was missing.

But in looking at the engine bay ... it was just the motor pretty much ... too bad i couldnt get shots of the underside .. it was as beautiful

thanks PIG .... ( that name still cracks me up .. especially when we met in person ! ) .....

Ya I cant wait .... dont think i can find a tech willing to do the cams .... so i will prob pass on the cams .. but ya .. valve covers WILL be sweet

my best buddies car !

post-7556-1193926904_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193926904_thumb.jpg

Archived