TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Classic Appearance Package

94gt

Okay, this is wishful thinking and an idea only. I would love to see a classic appearance package become available on the GT500. It would include the Super Snake hood, OEM side scoops and SHELBY lettering centered and spread out on the back of the trunk. Does this interest anyone.

I realize you can have this all put on later, but this way it would be cheaper. Also I have heard that the color of paint can very lot to lot so the shades of one paint batch to another can vary in color, then having a car that does not match. Many parts can be ordered in the color of the car as the side scoops which are the same as on the GT/CS. I suppose the hood could be painted as well, but I wouldn't want to repaint the whole car to make sure the hood matched. I have seen a repainted door on a legend lime v6 at a dealer lot and the door sticks out like a sore thumb and does not match at all. Are for example all lots of Vista Blue the same shade or do they vary slightly?

Okay, this is wishful thinking and an idea only. I would love to see a classic appearance package become available on the GT500. It would include the Super Snake hood, OEM side scoops and SHELBY lettering centered and spread out on the back of the trunk. Does this interest anyone.

I realize you can have this all put on later, but this way it would be cheaper. Also I have heard that the color of paint can very lot to lot so the shades of one paint batch to another can vary in color, then having a car that does not match. Many parts can be ordered in the color of the car as the side scoops which are the same as on the GT/CS. I suppose the hood could be painted as well, but I wouldn't want to repaint the whole car to make sure the hood matched. I have seen a repainted door on a legend lime v6 at a dealer lot and the door sticks out like a sore thumb and does not match at all. Are for example all lots of Vista Blue the same shade or do they vary slightly?

My scoops were painted by our body shop and they match perfectly.

There are cheaper body shops that don't do a very good job on matching paint.

Archived