TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just checked my LCAs

1badsho

Have a car show tomorrow so have been getting my Shelby Ready for it ... ordered some dress up stuff for the engine compartment ... ordered the GT blue valve covers etc.

In cleaning the car last night and putting my Nittos back on for the show ... with the wheels off, I cleaned up my alum Steeda LCA and checked the bushings and bolts. All seems fine.. the bushings are not pristine looking but they are in one piece and doing quite well.

They are doing what they are suppose to do be doing with no issues. I just wanted to mention this due to the issues with some other LCAs. Steeda has done real well :happy feet: plus they look great ! I used mothers to clean up the arms and put a real nice shine to it.

I agree that I might have to paint the rear end like Grabber and others have done .. because it is pretty bad under there ...

I will shoot a pict of my engine compartment at the show and esp when i get my valve covers on which wont be for another few weeks.

Good news, and glad to hear that they are holding up.

I heard that the problem with the BMR bushings was that they produced a batch of bushings that they forgot to put one of the poly ingrediants into the mix. So basically, the cook screwed up! :finger:

I hear ya grabber ..... your underside looks great ... ( no disrespect intended :hysterical2: )

In looking at mine it does look ugly ... might be doing mine sometime in the near future too

SCGT500 .... knew i get flamed for that ... good one !!!

In cleaning the car last night and putting my Nittos back on for the show ... with the wheels off, I cleaned up my alum Steeda LCA and checked the bushings and bolts. All seems fine.. the bushings are not pristine looking but they are in one piece and doing quite well.

They are doing what they are suppose to do be doing with no issues. I just wanted to mention this due to the issues with some other LCAs. Steeda has done real well :happy feet: plus they look great ! I used mothers to clean up the arms and put a real nice shine to it.

Steeda is one of the manufacturers that do not use grease fittings on their LCAs. I read periodic greasing is used to keep the polyurethane bushings from squeaking. How long have you had your Steeda LCAs installed? Have you had any problems with your LCAs squeaking?

Have a car show tomorrow so have been getting my Shelby Ready for it ... ordered some dress up stuff for the engine compartment ... ordered the GT blue valve covers etc.

I agree that I might have to paint the rear end like Grabber and others have done .. because it is pretty bad under there ...

I will shoot a pict of my engine compartment at the show and esp when i get my valve covers on which wont be for another few weeks.

What do you mean "not pristine looking"? discolored...warped,,,wearing???

"Doing quite well" Meaning no NVH???

Thanks Don.

What do you mean "not pristine looking"? discolored...warped,,,wearing???

"Doing quite well" Meaning no NVH???

Thanks Don.

You can see that by re-torquing the nuts back down they are being pressed out ever so slightly at the ends. Obviously they were dirty and grimmy .... but besides that holding up real well and no cracks or any other unusual wear

Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply

You can see that by re-torquing the nuts back down they are being pressed out ever so slightly at the ends. Obviously they were dirty and grimmy .... but besides that holding up real well and no cracks or any other unusual wear

Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply

Good news. So you never experienced any clunking, vibration etc.?

Good news. So you never experienced any clunking, vibration etc.?

None that I know of. The clunking I have is from the two piece drive shaft ... they do make some noise when taking off .... I hear the one piece are alot better in many ways

Archived