TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S H E L B Y on rear deck lid

Dakota

No S H E L B Y letters on the rear deck lid.  Why didn't they put the third brake light in the spoiler like the show car?  Then they would have had room for the SHELBY letters on the truck lid.

475[/snapback]

I can only assume, running the electrical inside the rear spoiler is more costly. But, by what? Average it out over the number of units in production. What would that work out to $20.00??? GIVE ME MY S H E L B Y!!!!!

KingCobra.

• 2 weeks later...
The reason is that they would have to restamp a new trunk since the third light normally sits there.  It was considered cost imperative to make a new trunk for a "limited" number of cars.

499[/snapback]

05 November 2005

Robert Lane

"Ford told TheGT500Source that the SHELBY name will appear on the production model of the decklid, just as it has with every Shelby Mustang made from 1967-1970."

Okay, so now that Ford has said the SHELBY name will be on the decklid, is it going to be like on the show car or offset to one side or the other? Maybe restamping the trunk and putting the third brake light in the spoiler isn't such a bad idea after all.

What's it going to be? Does anyone have any accurate information? :angry:

• 11 months later...

05 November 2005

Robert Lane

"Ford told TheGT500Source that the SHELBY name will appear on the production model of the decklid, just as it has with every Shelby Mustang made from 1967-1970."

Okay, so now that Ford has said the SHELBY name will be on the decklid, is it going to be like on the show car or offset to one side or the other? Maybe restamping the trunk and putting the third brake light in the spoiler isn't such a bad idea after all.

What's it going to be? Does anyone have any accurate information? :angry:

We now know the answer to this.

Have a little spare time, do you? :read:

:poke:

Just kidding. Really, I just needed an excuse to use some of the newly found (for me) emoticons.

:play:

Jolly: This is a sensitive subject, you see Dave is sick. He needs your support right now during this troubled time. :sos:

Archived