TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dynoed my 07 GT500 Vert- Totally Stock

Sherri  Leicht

It was a rare cool, dry day in Houston so I decided it was time for a baseline dyno. My 2007 vert is all stock, not a mod on it except a powdered coated strut tower bar :) Not even exhaust yet.

First run, the dummies did it in 5th :banghead: We won't even post that. Second run, still some heat soak and it pulled

439hp 459ft/lb torque

That is all!!

It was a rare cool, dry day in Houston so I decided it was time for a baseline dyno. My 2007 vert is all stock, not a mod on it except a powdered coated strut tower bar :) Not even exhaust yet.

First run, the dummies did it in 5th :banghead: We won't even post that. Second run, still some heat soak and it pulled

437hp 457ft/lb torque

That is all!!

I am not sure why so many guys worry about dyno numbers. They differ so much, then there are so many other variables like the driver, the weather...... I don't know, I just tell everyone it has 500 HP and leave it at that! :happy feet:

If I can't get this resolved, Im going to ask ford for a refund. Tell them take the snakes off and make it a gt350.

Whitey, what is the problem? You didn't say much in your post. We may be able to help if you give specifics. There are a variety of things that can cause a dyno reading to be low. Does the car "feel" low on power? Believe me, if it had only 300 HP, you'd know it.

Dave

Has anyone had low numbers from the dino? ex.lows 300's.

You need to tell us how the test was done, what temps & humidity, what kind of boost numbers, what kind of dyno, was it a corrected number, did they use a bung or use an a tip in the exhaust pipe? Things like this matter, so don't jump to conclusions before you ask for a refund from FORD

dave, car had 10.62 boost, 325.70hp,356.26 torque. run conditions were 81F,humidity54%

Is it stock? Did he have the test leads on properly? Did he dyno other cars just before or after to prove that it's not the machine? Does your car feel like a Mustang GT? Did he have traction control turned off? Was it in the proper gear during the test?

There are many variables that could cause a problem. The more you tell us, the better we can offer suggestions.

Dave

Dave

I have heard of something like this a couple of other times, and it always has been traceable back to the dyno and/or connections. Do you ever recall it being the engine? I just can't imagine it being the engine unless there is a major issue of some sort, but with so many sensors etc. , I would have thought an idiot light would have set off. My suggestion would be another dyno just as a cross check before getting too worked up with ford.

Dave

I have heard of something like this a couple of other times, and it always has been traceable back to the dyno and/or connections. Do you ever recall it being the engine? I just can't imagine it being the engine unless there is a major issue of some sort, but with so many sensors etc. , I would have thought an idiot light would have set off. My suggestion would be another dyno just as a cross check before getting too worked up with ford.

No, I can't....unless something really odd like the air intake boot came off and the mass air sensor has no air going past it...something really dumb like that.

P.S. Our vacation is only 3 weeks away.. :happy feet:

I will be glad to fax you the dyno sheet. I don.t know about the tech. info.

No need too... I know what these motors are & what they can do in a stock configuration. Better yet, Call Evolution & ask for Fred or call Jay at JLT Cold Air & ask them what they see stock vs. modified.

W/O detailed info from the dyno shop on "how" this test was run & hooked up, I guess you'll never know if they were doing it correctly.

Coldwaterhotrod, I understand where you come from ,but I was asked not to post the names involved until I get the info from Ford. That is why I will fax the info from the dyno sheet. the guys are very well qualify and have knowledge of the gt500. We ran the test twice, once stock, and with the evolution tune with cold air. There was a improvement, but still did not pass 400 at the wheels.

Archived