TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dynoed my 07 GT500 Vert- Totally Stock

Sherri  Leicht

Yes there is a way. I've seen the results of this run and mine pulled 507 RWHP on the same Dynojet machine.

Wow! That's pretty sweet - 507 RWHP.

You guys mind if some of us SGT guys join in on the fun?

Here is my dyno. Tasca Ford put me in at 464 RWHP and 460 torque. They told me to use 13% drive line loss so I get 533 HP at the engine. Not bad for a base SGT run. This is how it left the Shelby factory.

2007-10-27-1724-05_edited.jpg

Wow! That's pretty sweet - 507 RWHP.

You guys mind if some of us SGT guys join in on the fun?

Here is my dyno. Tasca Ford put me in at 464 RWHP and 460 torque. They told me to use a factor of 13 so I get 524 HP at the engine. Not bad for a base SGT run. This is how it left the Shelby factory.

2007-10-27-1724-05_edited.jpg

WOWOWOWOW... not to disrespect, but how can that be on a stock SGT? That is more HP than a stock GT500? Am I missing something???

WOWOWOWOW... not to disrespect, but how can that be on a stock SGT? That is more HP than a stock GT500? Am I missing something???

You're correct, I didn't think of it that way. I meant "base" in that it left Shelby that way and this was the base dyno run. I will have Tasca do more mods to my car and add more HP.

Thanks for the catch. I don't want to mislead anyone.

To clarify further, its not a base or stock Shelby GT. It is, however a base or stock Shelby GT/SC (i.e., supercharged). Damn impressive power output!

I have an update on Whitey's HP problem. As he posted earlier, he dynoed at 325HP with 10.5 lbs. of boost. Those readings were correct as done by Jay Tucker at his regular dyno. That was not posted earlier as to not give anyone any bad vibes. Jay reffered Whitey to the dealer as he knew he had a warranty issue. Whitey spent time in and out of his dealer last week. The tech initially just pulled his hair out. He contacted Ford and an SVT engineer called him right back and requested that the car be brought back in immediately. Afer further testing it was determined that an intercooler hose, from the factory, was twisted and crimped, not allowing flow. The issue has been resolved and Whitey has the advertised horses now. He will be back at JLT this week and will give before and afetr results. Ford was very proactive in resolving this issue. I don't know if Whitey can handle his new found power. :hysterical:

I have an update on Whitey's HP problem. As he posted earlier, he dynoed at 325HP with 10.5 lbs. of boost. Those readings were correct as done by Jay Tucker at his regular dyno. That was not posted earlier as to not give anyone any bad vibes. Jay reffered Whitey to the dealer as he knew he had a warranty issue. Whitey spent time in and out of his dealer last week. The tech initially just pulled his hair out. He contacted Ford and an SVT engineer called him right back and requested that the car be brought back in immediately. Afer further testing it was determined that an intercooler hose, from the factory, was twisted and crimped, not allowing flow. The issue has been resolved and Whitey has the advertised horses now. He will be back at JLT this week and will give before and afetr results. Ford was very proactive in resolving this issue. I don't know if Whitey can handle his new found power. :hysterical:

That kinked intercooler hose issue has been reported more than once... Joshua484s came from factory with same issue, along with some other members

Funny how we all jump to conclusions.

Whitey's car blew us away. 2nd run was 292 RWHP, yes I typed 292

This is a perfect example on why a base line dyno run is good for everyone.

When you see threads like "Stage 2 49x RWHP Unhappy" you can't really answer the questions without a base line, A/F and datalog.

I'm happy to say that Whiteys car is back to "above" normal power. 446 RWHP warmed up.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone had low numbers from the dino? ex.lows 300's.

please let me know what prompted you to do the dyno, did you feel the car was slow and did it happen later or the moment you got it from the dealer, am in for delivery of gt500 coupe and i would like to know what am getting into. Also for the panel do you know a trustworthy dyno place in MI, i live in Rochester Hills. thx.

• 2 months later...

Archived