TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 SHELBY GT600, YES, 600

Bill Sander

We know that a Shelby can easily (and with warranty) get to 600hp with a new supercharger such as the one used on the Super Snake.

When the re-designded 2010 Mustang is introduced, they could offer a GT600. Ford ends up with the best of both worlds, they become king of the pony cars and have a base of 18,000 GT500 owners many of whom will want the new car.

We know that a Shelby can easily (and with warranty) get to 600hp with a new supercharger such as the one used on the Super Snake.

When the re-designded 2010 Mustang is introduced, they could offer a GT600. Ford ends up with the best of both worlds, they become king of the pony cars and have a base of 18,000 GT500 owners many of whom will want the new car.

Nice idea! And on this subject, what would it really take for anyone here to give up their current 07 or 08? I mean, it seems there may very well be (even unannounced) an 09, which will more than likely be the same as the 07 and 08, but if an 2010 comes out, there will be some slight metal work and cosmetic stuff changed, but the under side will be the pretty much the same (so they say), so what would it take, really, to go over all this crap again with the search the ADM's and so on, to trade up??

A good trade-in price would all it would take from me. Especially if the 2010's have some of the features I am looking for like an automatic so I can drink my coffee in peace!

Really an AUTO? I would have this car no other way than a stick, like the feel of the engine and the whine..... oh well, to each his own, but interesting!

I might consider the upgrade packages but selling or trading this car, I don't think so.

I am with you, with our cars, the mods to motor can get you anywhere. I do not think cosmetics would do it, and the only real change I can think of that most would gravitate to would be the IRS. However some hard nose muscle car guys might even disagree with that!

500 HP is enough for me and I don't have the money to waste on a 2010 Shelby .

I also think you forgot about the high gas prices !!!!!!

500 HP is enough for me and I don't have the money to waste on a 2010 Shelby .

I also think you forgot about the high gas prices !!!!!!

Funny thing, I have mentioned that as well. As gas continues to rise, I think many including GM already missed the boat, well at least on a mass produced muscle car. I just read an article on several new up an coming jap and euro models of new sport cars, all higher HP and ALL are limited to a few k for the year! I do think the gas wars may impact the car HP wars!

A good trade-in price would all it would take from me. Especially if the 2010's have some of the features I am looking for like an automatic so I can drink my coffee in peace!

I only drink coffee in my work car.

Never in ether of my hotrod's.

I don't eat in any of my cars ether so no I don't want fries with that.

I do however want the AUTO garage door opener.

Nice idea! And on this subject, what would it really take for anyone here to give up their current 07 or 08? I mean, it seems there may very well be (even unannounced) an 09, which will more than likely be the same as the 07 and 08, but if an 2010 comes out, there will be some slight metal work and cosmetic stuff changed, but the under side will be the pretty much the same (so they say), so what would it take, really, to go over all this crap again with the search the ADM's and so on, to trade up??

Never selling.

Never trading.

:finger:

[/quote

I'm done! Not going through this again. This was a 3 year ordeal for me. I have my car and it's not going anywhere. Way to much BS, mostly from dealers. " Not meant for the very few with Honesty and Integrity!

DC :banghead:

For me it would have to be an all around much better car than my GT00, I would have to fall in love with it and then my trade and buy price would have to make it worth my while. Finally I would have to live with the fact that my eldest son would call his first born GRANDAD SUCKS :hysterical2:

Although you can never say never, I don't think I will trade mine for a new one, even though the new and improve 2010 model has some significant improvements. Cars get better straight line performance and better handling with each new generation. That's the nature of the car business; you never introduce a new car to make it worse than the one it replaces. That is until gas prices will make it difficult for any manufacturer to build cars like these, and even more difficult for most folks to own one. The muscle car debacle of the early '70s is bound to happen again, sooner or later. Only 15 years ago, 300HP was seen as very high. Today, 500HP is becoming the norm for high performance cars. It will necessarily have to stop one day and with oil prices approaching 100$ a barrel, this day may come sooner rather than later.

Even if the horsepower war continues for a few years and makes my 500HP Shelby "obsolete", it won't change a thing; it's not a bragging rights thing for me. I love the power, love the looks, plus the fact that it is a great long distance cruising car for what is essentially a modern day muscle car. That's a tough combination to beat. My plan is for this one to remain my summer ride for many years to come; if some new and improved version comes along so be it.

Its not just $100 oil that is effecting the future of muscle cars. Between the recent Supreme Court decisions on CO2 emmissions regulations and the Dems coming to power and the overall green movement in this country, the carbon footprint of a 600hp car in 2010 and beyond is not going to happen for a mass produced car. Perhaps for very limited production unubtainium cars like a KR but not for the masses. Gas Guzzler tax is going to seem like a pittance compared to what is comming for cars in that HP range. It is going to cost far more for the CO2 production than the gas to go in it. The new ruling gave the EPA authority and responsibility to regulate CO2 emmissions. This is the open door to tightly control performance and fuel economy going forward.

I really think we are approaching the bubble burst of the second muscle car era. The Challenger and Camero have aready missed their window of opprotunity. IF they still come to market, it will be a far more limited sale or at significantly reduced performance than what the Mustang and GT500 have seen.

I hope I am wrong but the writing is on the wall folks. I just hope thing don't happen so fast that the GT350 becomes the next 74 Mustang 'Cobra'......

JCTHORNE,

Ever notice how hard they are on these cars to make low emissions (which is admittedly good), but what about ALL those 1,000's of airline flights around the country and world? Everyday those jets are up in the air shoving airplane fuel right out the back of the jet engine without any emissions components on them - imagine how much pollution that accounts to? A lot I would wager.

Its not just $100 oil that is effecting the future of muscle cars. Between the recent Supreme Court decisions on CO2 emmissions regulations and the Dems coming to power and the overall green movement in this country, the carbon footprint of a 600hp car in 2010 and beyond is not going to happen for a mass produced car. Perhaps for very limited production unubtainium cars like a KR but not for the masses. Gas Guzzler tax is going to seem like a pittance compared to what is comming for cars in that HP range. It is going to cost far more for the CO2 production than the gas to go in it. The new ruling gave the EPA authority and responsibility to regulate CO2 emmissions. This is the open door to tightly control performance and fuel economy going forward.

I really think we are approaching the bubble burst of the second muscle car era. The Challenger and Camero have aready missed their window of opprotunity. IF they still come to market, it will be a far more limited sale or at significantly reduced performance than what the Mustang and GT500 have seen.

I hope I am wrong but the writing is on the wall folks. I just hope thing don't happen so fast that the GT350 becomes the next 74 Mustang 'Cobra'......

Well put +1000

I agree that we are reaching the bubble of the muscle car resurgence. Not only are the CO2/gas mileage extremists coming into power, I am guessing that the insurance companies are not far behind. I am also guessing that ford and shelby have some type of agreements on this to keep the base gt500 hp lower than the KR and the Supersnake versions. If it ever got out that a base gt500 would have 600 hp or more, the market would soften for the KR and Supersnake, and I don't think that will be allowed to happen. Also, the supercharger upgrade is a nice profit maker for ford racing, so why would they want to throw that out the window? Until people start refusing to buy the gt500 at list or above, I don't see ford doing much additional.

Archived