TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Putting blue stripes on Shelby GT

The original Silver (stick on) strips on my 07 Shelby GT were damaged (stained from fire ash and mositure). I had the dealer remove the damaged strips and painted new ones Vista Blue. However, only the LeMans strips. The sides (Shelby GT) are still original silver. Also, added a Shelby Spoiler. It is definitely unique, I really like it and like GT500KR said "It's my Dream car, so who cares what others think". I can sure pick it out of the crowd! Tried to attach some photos, hope it works.

That looks great! I would personally change out the side stripes to match in color.

I think they look great also.

I have this "dream" about changing my stripes also.

Although I live in Southern California, I am originally from Pittsburgh. And my Shelby is seriously ORANGE, which looks a "little bit" GOLD.

So the Grabber Orange with BLACK stripes would scream.......

STEELERS !!!!

(and Penguins and Pirates)

• 2 weeks later...
I've been thinking about changing the stripe color on my 07 Shelby GT to Guardsman blue,Maybe even Vista Blue in keeping with what I beleive should have been done from the beginning!It appears to all to be the modern GT350,Myself included,I dont plan on adding GT350 in the stripes as it is not a GT350,But the color change would make me happy!Probably knock the value to purists,Don't think it would bother the Mustang enthusiast,Don't really care as it is my car and dream!Wondering if anyone else has thought of or done this!Chime in,Or bash away!

Hey to show support, I glued my under wear to my hood !!!!!!!! :hysterical:

I think if Ford comes out with a GT350 it will be white with blue stripes. If one has then changed his SGT to that combo it will not be immediately recognizable as a SGT and may appear to be a clone. Aside from that risk, the color combo looks great.

I think if Ford comes out with a GT350 it will be white with blue stripes. If one has then changed his SGT to that combo it will not be immediately recognizable as a SGT and may appear to be a clone. Aside from that risk, the color combo looks great.

The GT 350 will be the 2010+ body style so there probably isn't too much concern of them being confused.

Archived