TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Putting blue stripes on Shelby GT

I've been thinking about changing the stripe color on my 07 Shelby GT to Guardsman blue,Maybe even Vista Blue in keeping with what I beleive should have been done from the beginning!It appears to all to be the modern GT350,Myself included,I dont plan on adding GT350 in the stripes as it is not a GT350,But the color change would make me happy!Probably knock the value to purists,Don't think it would bother the Mustang enthusiast,Don't really care as it is my car and dream!Wondering if anyone else has thought of or done this!Chime in,Or bash away!

You would definitely have a unique car with the blue stripes and an awesome "tribute" car as well. I'd get the blue side stripes as well (but with the same lettering as the SGT) to complete the look (or just keep 'em off - I think they did that back in 1966?).

Mike

The original Silver (stick on) strips on my 07 Shelby GT were damaged (stained from fire ash and mositure). I had the dealer remove the damaged strips and painted new ones Vista Blue. However, only the LeMans strips. The sides (Shelby GT) are still original silver. Also, added a Shelby Spoiler. It is definitely unique, I really like it and like GT500KR said "It's my Dream car, so who cares what others think". I can sure pick it out of the crowd! Tried to attach some photos, hope it works.

post-10559-1193519164_thumb.jpg

post-10559-1193519179_thumb.jpg

post-10559-1193519195_thumb.jpg

post-10559-1193519203_thumb.jpg

post-10559-1193519164_thumb.jpg

post-10559-1193519179_thumb.jpg

post-10559-1193519195_thumb.jpg

post-10559-1193519203_thumb.jpg

The original Silver (stick on) strips on my 07 Shelby GT were damaged (stained from fire ash and mositure). I had the dealer remove the damaged strips and painted new ones Vista Blue. However, only the LeMans strips. The sides (Shelby GT) are still original silver. Also, added a Shelby Spoiler. It is definitely unique, I really like it and like GT500KR said "It's my Dream car, so who cares what others think". I can sure pick it out of the crowd! Tried to attach some photos, hope it works.

Some purist would probably say otherwise but I like it. Looks great and is certainly unique. Enjoy!

Jim

Man is that SWEEEEEET!I'm checking with a local bodyshop that does a lot of high end cars,Shelby resto paint jobs also,Hopefully he will have a decent price for me,Because like I said before,Your car looks awesome like that,Didn't think I was alone on this.

DO IT! I put gold stripes on my black Shelby, my silver ones had stains on them. I didn't do it to copy the GT-H I did it because thats the colors I've had on my stock car for years, and I like it.

DO IT! I put gold stripes on my black Shelby, my silver ones had stains on them. I didn't do it to copy the GT-H I did it because thats the colors I've had on my stock car for years, and I like it.

I like that color combo too

Pix??????

Looks cool! I would check into a good paint shop that has a laser scanner and get them to do the side as well. They can use this machine that goes "Bing" to scan your side stripes and it creates an exact copy paint template to do the sides. Would really complete the car nicely. Good job!

:rockon: HEEEELLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :rockon:

BLUE STRIPES LOOK PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

DAMN i'm so tempted to do mine. i have a white 07 SGT too

CRAP i wish they made the stripes blue in the 1st place

i dont know if there's a highend body shop around here. i'm afraid i get the wrong shop to do it and ruin the car.

I've been thinking about changing the stripe color on my 07 Shelby GT to Guardsman blue,Maybe even Vista Blue in keeping with what I beleive should have been done from the beginning!It appears to all to be the modern GT350,Myself included,I dont plan on adding GT350 in the stripes as it is not a GT350,But the color change would make me happy!Probably knock the value to purists,Don't think it would bother the Mustang enthusiast,Don't really care as it is my car and dream!Wondering if anyone else has thought of or done this!Chime in,Or bash away!

Do it. I think it would look good.

love the gold. Been thinking of doing the same to my car. Is tha the same color that comes on a GT-H? where did you get it done and how much. Please post some pics.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

You put a black 9 bar grille on there and your car will look sick!

Archived