TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mini Spare for GT500..will it work?

Senior 500

I hope this is the last discussion on the No Spare issue. Will a mini spare fit in the wheel well of this car?

Will any particular Ford mini spare fit on and of the axles of the GT 500? Will a standard jack lift the car from either side? Will a standard lug wrench work to remove the lug nuts?

Guys and gals please keep it simple.

My car should be here in a couple of weeks and I'd like to know I have a spare in the trunk that will get me off the highway.

Many thanks to this great forum for all your feedback. Actually to much sometimes. Thanks

No mini spare no spare no nothing

fix a flat is in the trunk and 800 number in the owners manual.

Speed sensors on all four corners make this imposable and just set a trouble code and the dealer will charge you to reset it.

I keep a good pair of shoe's in the trunk just in case I have have to drive in the country.

Will a standard jack lift the car from either side? Will a standard lug wrench work to remove the lug nuts?

A factory Mustang jack should work to lift the car using the jack tabs on the frame per the owner's manual, but the GT500 does NOT come with one.

A standard lug nut wrench will work if it has a 13/16" socket, but the GT500 does NOT come with one.

Thanks for your comment, but what do speed sensors have to do with putting a mini spare on?

It detects how fast a wheel is rotating and the computer senses that a wheel is rotating differently than the rest and will apply the brake.

I also don't think turning off the traction control will not disable this as the braking system will detect something is definitely not right.

And the car will drag on the ground.

Why do you need a spare tire I have been driving for 30+ years and have only used a spare tire twice.

I have a Chrysler Curris and it has 175,000 miles on it and the spare is still in the trunk.

Archived