TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Parked off in a corner to be safe...and....

BillyRay

Damnit that makes me mad! I park the clean Shelby at a local Hotel restraurant and I come out and the S.O.B lawn sprinklers have been spraying on my front bumper /hood/ drivers fender!!!

I was parked off in the corner to be safe and the sprinkers get my car, so I raced home( 2-Min) got out the hot water and washed the entire front end and luckily NO WATER SPOTS!

I know from experience the hard water spots can really stain the paint.

This happened on Sunday so today I wash my black tacoma early this morning and I park at a different place called 5 & dinner for breakfast and again my driver side get soaked because I parked where I would'nt get any dings. This time I had a big towel and wiped the water off.

I think next time I,ll ride the BUS.....lol BRay

post-3364-1193161708_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1193161708_thumb.jpg

Damnit that makes me mad! I park the clean Shelby at a local Hotel restraurant and I come out and the S.O.B lawn sprinklers have been spraying on my front bumper /hood/ drivers fender!!!

I was parked off in the corner to be safe and the sprinkers get my car, so I raced home( 2-Min) got out the hot water and washed the entire front end and luckily NO WATER SPOTS!

I know from experience the hard water spots can really stain the paint.

This happened on Sunday so today I wash my black tacoma early this morning and I park at a different place called 5 & dinner for breakfast and again my driver side get soaked because I parked where I would'nt get any dings. This time I had a big towel and wiped the water off.

I think next time I,ll ride the BUS.....lol BRay

:cry:

its always something .... I relate to the water marks .. they will ruin paint !

On a similair note .... I damaged my front bumper about 5 mths ago when i drove it on to my car hauler ... hit my tool box at the front with the nose of the bumper ... the tool box was diamond plate design and put two little dimples inbetween the strips. I touched it up a tad ..but today .. had our paint guy who drives from lot to lot try to do a better job so he wet sanded and sprayed some new paint. Its a tad darker .. but guess its better than what it was before .. just a dam perfectionist ... and wasnt as happy with it as i thought i would be.

Oh well

Archived