TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car history and maint report?

mrdci

I am negotiating on a Used GT500 and is there any way to find out what the cars options, service record, and any thing else out. The car is a 1 owner and shows clean carfax.

:waiting:

The car is a no option stripe delete car. I ran the carfax and everything there looks good. Drove the car today and seemed pretty tame for a 500 hp car. Traction control helps on wet damp roads so couldn't get real aggressive with it. So is there any way to cross check the VIN and make sure its a stripe delete car and not just a car with the stripes taken off say maybe after an accident. I checked underneath, fender wells, trunk carpet and everything seems straight. Just want to make sure before committing.

How many miles and where is all the paperwork that the previous owner should have kept.

Coupe or convertible the convertible didn't come with stripes.

there was a thread that had the vin brake down in it.

Its a coupe. Its at a dealer so the SVT Cert isn't there. The dealer took it in on trade towards an exotic. Has about 1800miles on it after my drive today.

Its a coupe. Its at a dealer so the SVT Cert isn't there. The dealer took it in on trade towards an exotic. Has about 1800miles on it after my drive today.

Anyone that cared for the car would have saved the window sticker, IMO. You can call 800-FORD-788 and get a little more information if you provide the VIN. If it is a true stripe delete and matches the window sticker, next step would be to have them put it on a lift for you, and take a very close look at everything. Ask the dealer to get the Window Sticker from the previous owner if they need to.

Listen for a ticking sound coming from either side of the engine after the car is good and warmed up, fuel injector ticking is normal and very light at the top of the engine. Do your self a huge favor and drive it again when the road is dry, get her nice and warmed up, at least 10 miles with some hard acceleration, go back and check for ticking again. There is a good reason the previous owner sold it, don't believe a word the sales guy tells you. If she's a ticker, stay away, as some people are having big problems getting it fixed correctly or at all.

Archived