TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 pre-delivery checklist

Evil95GT

I can't speak for everyone, but a large number of you folks remind me of myself. When it comes time to bring a new vehicle home, it's sort of like bringing home a new child, LOL. So with that in mind, I'm going to assemble a list. This list will contain everything you should have on hand and ready to go on the day of arrival. They told me to do this when I had my kids, and with each one, I'd excitedly pack my things many weeks before the due date. So, my gift to you is:

The official™ GT500 pre-delivery checklist

1) A good camera, preferably digital

Perhaps the most logical item on my list, you'll *need* a good camera to capture the moment. You'll want to snap a pic of your salesman (if you still like him), the car in various locations, the expressions on the faces of others when they see YOUR new car, as well as a special pic you'll have the salesman take of you. I'd have this pic taken with you outside of the car, when you first touch the car. The inside the car shots can come later, but this is the important pic.............the one you've waited many months for.

2) Your official GT500 cruisin' CD

I think a compliation would work best.....one that you've customized with all of your favorite tunes. If you don't have a CD burner handy, your favorite CD will suffice. As stated in another thread, what you'll be listening to will be VERY important.

3) Someone you'd like to share your first ride

Obviously, this person isn't going to fit in your diffle bag of goodies. However, think of someone who you'd love to share this moment with. Perhaps one of your children, who will later quip "I remember the day when Mom/Dad took me to pick up their new Shelby". Maybe your significant other who has been most understanding when you're hacing those episodes of PSDS that RUFDRAFT warned us all about. In any event, make sure it's someone with as much enthusiasm and excitement as yourself.

4) Meguiar's Quick Detailer and a Microfiber cloth

Never leave home without it! You *need* to have something on hand, in case a well-meaning bird decides it's poo time or you want to take your car to a nice park for a photo-op, only to find the front plastered with insects of all kinds. Be prepared for emergencies!

5) A fire extinguisher

I know, I know.............Mother Michelle is sounding paranoid. Please, just consider this...............we all know this a car you cherish. I have one in each of my cars. Reason being, I've seen quite a few cars burning on roadsides with the owners sitting on a curb waiting for the fire department to arrive. It's a good precautionary measure, because int he event that something *did* happen, chances are you can extinguish it before too much harm is done. And I'm not talking about the generic little extinguishers Autozone sells with the bling included. I'm talking about a REAL extinguisher. Check Summit Racing or Jegs.

6) Sunglasses

We all know that sunglasses just put you in the right mood. Whether it's your favorite Oakley's, Gargoyles, or even the ones you picked up at Walgreens for $5.99, you must bring the glasses. Plus, they make you look extra svelte.

7) The keychain you bought 6 months ago JUST for the GT500

Come on, admit it............you know you bought the special keychain MONTHS ago that will hold the keys to your new ride. Bring it with you, and attach it immediately. Afterall, should a car this cool have a paper tag hanging from the ignition? I didn't think so.

Feeel free to add. But definitely add the above items to your "delivery day" bag. Trust me, if the dealership calls when you're in the middle of dinner and your bag isn't ready to go, you're going to leave without SOMETHING. :shift:

But definitely add the above items to your "delivery day" bag. :

Awsome but you are definately a lady! Cripes if I remember my wallet and the sunglasses I'm good. The day I picked up my 94 GT, I made my 6'3" buddy go over and sit in the insurance agents office just in case they took a notion to closing early. "Can I help you, sir?" "No" I was waiting for the new car paper at 4:55pm on a Friday. No way was I gonna drive by all weekend. :hysterical:

Awsome but you are definately a lady! Cripes if I remember my wallet and the sunglasses I'm good. The day I picked up my 94 GT, I made my 6'3" buddy go over and sit in the insurance agents office just in case they took a notion to closing early. "Can I help you, sir?" "No" I was waiting for the new car paper at 4:55pm :hysterical:

My point exactly! I feel the consensus here is mostly male, so I figured I'd offer up some mommy instinct advice! I figure if it works with a newborn, the list should work well on the GT500 purchase. :hysterical: I know that my own husband would forget his derriere if it wasn't strapped on, so I figured the list might help those in the same situation. Plan ahead!! Don't procrastinate!! :happy feet:

P.S. That same husband I was talking about above..........even if he read a list like this, he would *never* follow it. It would only humor him. :)

Come on, admit it............you know you bought the special keychain MONTHS ago that will hold the keys to your new ride. Bring it with you, and attach it immediately. Afterall, should a car this cool have a paper tag hanging from the ignition? I didn't think so.

I have not seen any really cool key chains can you post some pics of your or other ones you feel are cool?

I have not seen any really cool key chains can you post some pics of your or other ones you feel are cool?

This is the only key chain that I have found that I like.

http://fordcollection.com/default.cfm?fuse...ategory=GIFTACC

My keys are a nightmare, LOL. I have a baby MSD ignition box and a K&N air filter (they're both less than 1.5" in height). I had a cool Mustang horse, but the damn thing decided to break when I dropped my keys one day.

Here are a couple I wouldn't mind having if I were getting my hands on the GT500:

S43089.jpg

key_cobra_LRG.gif

My keys are a nightmare, LOL. I have a baby MSD ignition box and a K&N air filter (they're both less than 1.5" in height). I had a cool Mustang horse, but the damn thing decided to break when I dropped my keys one day.

Here are a couple I wouldn't mind having if I were getting my hands on the GT500:

S43089.jpg

key_cobra_LRG.gif

I have that one with my 97 Cobra keys.

I like your checklist and plan on putting it to use. Thanks! I'm also digging that Cobra keychain.

Great tips!! I thinky my wife feels the same way about my memory!

You forgot one very important thing.....and no one should be without

FUZZY DICE!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

I like your checklist and plan on putting it to use. Thanks! I'm also digging that Cobra keychain.

FUZZY DICE!!!

FUZZY DICE!!!

FUZZY DICE!!!

I think you double-posted.

I think you double-posted.

I've still got the 'McQueen' running horse keychain from my '05 GT that we sold. I want something else, but I don't know about the cobra. See... she HATES snakes. It really is an issue with the snake on the seat and on the wheel, it's that bad, and took some convincing. A keychain in her purse/pocket might be too much. We'll see, maybe one with just Shelby, GT500 written on it.

Give it time........I'm sure someone will make a really sharp GT500 keychain. Hell, maybe when SVTOA morphs into the replacement, they'll send some keyrings to the current owners?

I called them for the many time again. It seems that a lot of members are not being converted to FPG that has the Inside the Oval mag. SVTOA members get this mag from the March issue 2006 and on. They will sent me Mar, Apr and May issues and put me back on. If it gets worse then this I will be a new member of SAAC any moment.

I've still got the 'McQueen' running horse keychain from my '05 GT that we sold. I want something else, but I don't know about the cobra.

I see you are from Lafayette, IN. Are you buying a GT500 and are you getting it from Raisor Ford?

Yep, my girlfriend is a manager at one of his used lots, still technically a Ford emp. :D

They are doing closed bids for the others I'm told, though. I would try Ted Lynch at the dealer, he's top salesman month after month for a reason. A little arrogant, but fair. Scott Bond is the Manager, and is also a very respectable guy. Even Mike Raisor, the owner of all of these dealerships is a very nice, intelligent guy, I've met him a few times, and sat with him at our Christmas diner.

I see you are in Indy? My bro. is in Fischers. Maybe we'll have to rumble some doors down there if they ever get here.

You're right, but I just bought it the other day. It's the "SVT" trunk emblem with a key ring affixed to it. I purchased it from the parts department of my local dealer.

Archived