TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone else trade in a vette for SGT?

CMCVette

... is it "too much" in terms of racer looks for a 45 year old, or is it perfect?!?post-9244-1193019134_thumb.jpg

Hope not :hysterical2: I just bought an '07 and I'm 61. First night a cute little 18 year old yelled from the sunroof of a limo, " hey mister I love your car". I'm pumped :happy feet: Go for it.

MountainTreasures017.jpg

Jim

If so, what are your thoughts? Have an 04 vette & am being very tempted by the 08 coupe.... is it "too much" in terms of racer looks for a 45 year old, or is it perfect?!?post-9244-1193019134_thumb.jpg

The car looks great on anyone. GO for it.

BTW I have not seen that Shelby sticker on the top of the windshield yet. Very Nice. :happy feet:

If so, what are your thoughts? Have an 04 vette & am being very tempted by the 08 coupe.... is it "too much" in terms of racer looks for a 45 year old, or is it perfect?!?post-9244-1193019134_thumb.jpg

CMCVette, The only problem is that you'll feel like you're 25 again. LOL I don't see a problem with that!! You're my age and I don't feel it's too much, it's perfect. I'm been a GM guy all my life and this is my first Ford. Even though it's my wifes car, we simply LOVE the car. If you choose to buy an '08, you can add modifications @Shelby, even though it was a wait, we felt it was worth the wait to get the kind of car exactly the way we wanted it. You can add a SC(my wife loves this option), Brake upgrade, brake ducts, wheels, grille choices, upper and lower, etc. Just contact the people @Shelby Automobiles or go to Shelby Performance Parts.com for parts and pieces and prices.

Good luck, Dave

PS. If you can't get the Shelby GT for MSRP or less, send me a pm and maybe I can help you out.

I would hazzard a guess that the majority of shelby GT or GT500 owners are 35+ so If anyone thinks it looks too much for you then who cares buy one anyways come join the club :)

I didn't trade in from a Corvette, but I was about to buy a corvette and decided on the SGT isntead. I know the vette out performs and handles the Shelby, but its a Shelby!! everybody has a Corvette.

I sure hope not. You are just a pup. I am almost 65 (go on Medicare in Nov!!!!) and own a white one. I just got back running it through the gears during a short cruise on a sunny fall day. I figure that at my age any day above ground is a good day and any day hearing that SGT’s rumble is just a bonus. Go for it.

Mr. Shelby is no spring chicken either.

I sure hope not. You are just a pup. I am almost 65 (go on Medicare in Nov!!!!) and own a white one. I just got back running it through the gears during a short cruise on a sunny fall day. I figure that at my age any day above ground is a good day and any day hearing that SGT’s rumble is just a bonus. Go for it.

Mr. Shelby is no spring chicken either.

Welcome to the forums. Just some advice stay away from the Mod forum if you plan to stay stock, these guys send the MOD monster after you when you log off to corrupt your mind!!! Well thats my story and I am sticking to it. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

What is that smaller sticker to the right of the window sticker?

Is that a dealer mark up sticker?

Did the dealer add the SHELBY across the top windshield? I have not seen those on these.

I have a blue 08 coming that you can buy for MSRP with no dealer mark up.

Yes,Sort of!I recently sold my 07 VETTE 6 speed,After I purchased my Shelby GT!Yes the Vette was much faster,But I was really pushing the edge with some 150 mph+ interstate runs!So I will be objective here.Love them both,But they are completely different cars.You couldI have either one and be happy!The Shelby GT is an awesome car in it's own right,Looks awesome,Handles Awesome thanks to FRPP suspension upgrade,Don't kid yourself people,With a little more power,This thing would hang with a C6 on a tight road course.I really couldn't see two car payments,NEITHER COULD MY WIFE!Insurance follows standard Mustang GT,Less than half of what the Vette cost me!Upgrades are relatively cheap,Aftermarket support is awesome.I could have ditched either one,But I kept the SGT,It just fit me better!I will buy anything that I like,Ford,GM,Whatever.Whatever you do,You will be happy either way!BTW I'm 36,Who gives a care what others think,Life is short,YOU BUY AND DRIVE WHAT YOU WANT!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I traded an 07 C6 for my 07 Shelby. The Vette did have the power and acceleration advantage as 07 Shelby GT said in his post, but that can be changed with some cash and a visit to the mod shop. The advantages out weigh the disadvantages.

I can now carry my whole family

It is a S H E L B Y

My insurance is lower

My payment is lower and I got money back

I have never had a car that got so many looky loos or draw a crowd like this one

I am 42 and have no regrets (at least none about trading my Vette for a Shelby) B)

Archived