TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why you all up in my grille???

90GT

dsc00137webxy2.jpg

dsc00138webtc6.jpg

dsc00139webyq0.jpg

dsc00143webyc0.jpg

dsc00144webvr2.jpg

Installed my CDC grille today. Overall the install was pretty easy although I have two issues. In the instructions they tell you to reuse the fastners for the upper radiator shroud. Well since these are plastic, once you pull them out they can't be reused. At least mine couldn't. Second, as you can see in the pictures the supporting structure for the radiator is silver like the car and sticks out like a sore thumb. I have to pulll the grille off and paint this black so it all blends in. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, it's just some thing I didn't take into consideration.

Overall I am pleased and think it gives the car a more agressive look. It blends well with the wheels and the black fuel door. I'm considering the Pony emblem but I kind of like the way it looks now.

Thanks guys!!! I really like the way it turned out. I just need to paint the radiator brackets black so they blend in with the grille.

Only thing bad about this is the whole front of the car is now open and I can see getting a whole bunch of crap stuck in my radiator. Before it was kind of shielded by the stock grille. Not sure what I can do about that.

Looks good, Jim! :happy feet:

Not sure. Perhaps some sort of badge in the center might look good. Maybe you can try it and see?

Thanks!!

I thought about using the Pony emblem but I kind of like it the way it is. I may get one later but for now I'll leave it be.

Thanks!!

I thought about using the Pony emblem but I kind of like it the way it is. I may get one later but for now I'll leave it be.

Looks nice! I agree though, get the brackets and what not painted the same, and you'll be lookin' schweet!

- Josh

Archived