TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ran neck and neck with a new Z06

1badsho

Was on my way to an appointment this am and caught up to a beautiful red Z06. Looked brand new. Truly is a beautiful car.

We ran single file for a while .. than he got ahead and i got caught in traffic and later caught up to him. We were side by side for several minutes doing 50 mph and I need to make a left turn so had to get ahead of him so i just sorta nudged the gas :hysterical2: in second gear ... and zoomed by him as if he was standing still.

Does that account for a win ... or a win by default ... or a :ninja: move ?

Anyway ..... just wanted him to know that with stage II and 410 gears ... at least to triple digits .... he wouldnt be able to take me ! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Was on my way to an appointment this am and caught up to a beautiful red Z06. Looked brand new. Truly is a beautiful car.

We ran single file for a while .. than he got ahead and i got caught in traffic and later caught up to him. We were side by side for several minutes doing 50 mph and I need to make a left turn so had to get ahead of him so i just sorta nudged the gas :hysterical2: in second gear ... and zoomed by him as if he was standing still.

Does that account for a win ... or a win by default ... or a :ninja: move ?

Anyway ..... just wanted him to know that with stage II and 410 gears ... at least to triple digits .... he wouldnt be able to take me ! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Sounds like a case of mutual respect. The ZO6 can run, ask Joe G.

Joe ... you have a KB on your vert .. dont u ?

And do u have a Z06 too ? or u have just run against a few ??

Joe ... you have a KB on your vert .. dont u ?

And do u have a Z06 too ? or u have just run against a few ??

Nope, not me. I don't have any mods yet. Don't have a Vette either - just a 68 Mustang coupe (besides the minivan family hauler).

Iceman has a black vert with the KB... maybe you're thinking about him.

Joe ...

got it ... read your signiture line quickly and saw the 852/859 and i miss took it for HP vs build numbers

I have yet to run a new Z06 with my mods. But my buddy called me over this weekend with a nice kill story. He was on the road early in the day sunday and saw a Z going the other way he has want to race one for a long time. He caught up to him and the Z jumped he said he stayed with hime and was even starting to real him in. They did this a few time untill coming to a red light. My buddy raised the rpm to about 2k dumped the clutch and he told me by 3rd gear he had a car on the ZO6. So with a some mods it a drivers race. Also at our local track they have a Mustang challange and vett challange. Each time there are a few 06-08 Z06 and the owners will dial high 11's to low 12's most run in the mid 12's so from a dig i feel i can out run most of them from a roll it might not be as fun as the ZO6 can move out.......

Don't I wish!

852HP?? :dreamy::drop::cheerleader:

Arent some of the radical KB's race tune making that kind of hp ... than add a shot of NITROUS .... ya thats what I thought. It would be nice to have that kinda of power but in those ranges .... like other say ... things begin to break so have deep pockets or do your own work.

I think somewhere in the 600 to 650rwhp range is relatively safe and not pushing the upper straosphere .... getting into the 700 rwhp and higher ... well guess its all relative !

I think .. think mind u the perfect hp for me is in the mid 600 range .... mostly for durablity reasons !!!

My goal with this car from day 1 was to be 650-700 rwhp. I think as long as you're not beating on it every second of the day it'll be fine. I would be further ahead in my quest except that I keep breaking the Bullitt every time I go to the track these days.

Agreed. If I had a Shelby - I'd go with Snoop's setup.

A pulley - a tune - and 650 at the flywheel.

For about $1500.

How many street cars would give you trouble? Not many.

ha .... no ruf ... i meant rwhp .... silly ruf :hysterical2: ... im at 650 at the crank

My goal with this car from day 1 was to be 650-700 rwhp. I think as long as you're not beating on it every second of the day it'll be fine. I would be further ahead in my quest except that I keep breaking the Bullitt every time I go to the track these days.

+1

thats me all over that .... i want to find a blower that will give me about 100 more rwhp ... say .. in the 600-650 range and i am seriously done.

With that said ... I know that I will need some addtional suspension components ... better drive shaft .. better clutch pack in the differential ... am i leaving anything out ?

Oh ya .... wider tires .. but am working on that . Jason of VMP has a guy that should be able to widen my Shelby rim to a 11 inch ... thats what im looking for ... :happy feet:

And since I never drag race it at the track ..... i dont think anything will break either !!

+1

thats me all over that .... i want to find a blower that will give me about 100 more rwhp ... say .. in the 600-650 range and i am seriously done.

With that said ... I know that I will need some addtional suspension components ... better drive shaft .. better clutch pack in the differential ... am i leaving anything out ?

Oh ya .... wider tires .. but am working on that . Jason of VMP has a guy that should be able to widen my Shelby rim to a 11 inch ... thats what im looking for ... :happy feet:

And since I never drag race it at the track ..... i dont think anything will break either !!

Keep me (us) posted on the stock rim widening..........I'm in for a pair. Even at 10.5 I'd be happy

I have ran several vettes and the new ones are no problem. I can let em go and shift and go right buy them, Even ran a blown c5 with 650 RWHP and beat him by about 2 car lengths.They sure do make a lot of excuses when they get beat!! LOL my last dyno was 715 rwhp with 686 rwtq @ 6000 rpm should make about 740, as with a 3.25 pully it made 710, and its got a 3" on it now on the 3.3 Whipple :rockon:

I have ran several vettes and the new ones are no problem. I can let em go and shift and go right buy them, Even ran a blown c5 with 650 RWHP and beat him by about 2 car lengths.They sure do make a lot of excuses when they get beat!! LOL my last dyno was 715 rwhp with 686 rwtq @ 6000 rpm should make about 740, as with a 3.25 pully it made 710, and its got a 3" on it now on the 3.3 Whipple :rockon:

Very impressive fatchile

I need to get a ride in a KB car .... Think theres a guy on the east coast who has a KB in his GT500

Who in Florida has a KB installed ?

Might be worth a drive over to see ya !!

roger .... i need to be her best friend ... HA .... really ? Cool .. I know your in tampa/st pete .... is she in the same area ?

I did some research .... and found out that you can get a KB for $4900 ... there stage II kit and be in the mid 600 ranger rwhp :happy feet:

Archived