TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horsepower suppression chip?

funkyjt

This is my first post anywhere. I purchased my GT500 in April and have about 1050 pleasureable miles on this beauty. A salesman told me that there is a "computer chip" that suppresses the horsepower down to 335 for the first 1000 miles. Is there any truth to this assertion?

This is my first post anywhere. I purchased my GT500 in April and have about 1050 pleasureable miles on this beauty. A salesman told me that there is a "computer chip" that suppresses the horsepower down to 335 for the first 1000 miles. Is there any truth to this assertion?

Have seen this as high as 25 miles. Its also a number of starts (mileage or starts) - not sure what that number is. Its a function written into the cars ECU to reduce output - probably to keep shipping employees from racing the cars :)

PDI inspection tells the tech to disconect the negative battery terminal and cycle the key but dont start it ... than start the key and that should reset the system for full pwr

Before you put any more pleasurable miles on it, read the manual/supplement. It has the answer. Here's the Clif's Notes: You're dealer's full of poo.

bj

Thanks. I hear the booster whine and I have plenty of power.

Is that anything like a booster chair?

Hey...why do all your posts say you've got 6 posts? Even your first one said that. You're special. On second thought, perhaps YOUR "booster" has a "chip".

:hysterical:

bj

Archived