TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Somebady Had A Rough Day At The Track!!!

WILDTHANG

When you watch the slow-motion of the roll-over, you'll notice my upper-body moving, as well as my head. No matter, I'm fortunate to not be more seriously hurt.

my upper body was moving around like that in the passenger seat of an SRT-10 Viper going full speed around the track at Road America.

and we didn't even crash...

--Russ ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SS, I was running the stock tires. I my inflation was 40/40 cold. That was up from the day before at 36/36. I've wondered if that contributed. It may have, but I seriously doubt the contribution was significant. Excessive speed played the overriding factor.

Very sorry for your loss but glad you are OK. I've never had the chance to run at a road track but hope to try some time. Your video certainly will make it easier for me to deal with getting passed as I learn my limits. Appreciate you sharing as I know it has to be tough to see. I hope you can repair or replace the car.

Most importantly - glad to know you are doing OK.

I currently run Hoosier Cup tires, so that's not applicable; but try running six laps and coming into the hot pits and check the pressures hot. When I ran the OE tires, I tried to keep them around 37psi hot. The cold pressure will vary depending on the humidity, etc. I've had the best luck on the Hoosiers at 39psi hot.

I check my tire temps with an infared heat gun and adjust the pressure based on those readings. I look for even temps across the tire surface.

I finally checked out your video. Bad luck, and glad you're okay. Always look for the positives in any situation, right? Did you notice that Tahoe's sunglasses stayed on THE ENTIRE TIME??? If you'd been smoking a cigarette and managed to keep the cherry, it'd be almost perfect luck (well, except the part about the car).

Archived