TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Somebady Had A Rough Day At The Track!!!

WILDTHANG

Really it's amazing at how well the car held up even though it has significant damage.

But check out that passenger compartment - very good change everyone left alive.

People bash Ford for making these cars heavy (myself included, I would also like a lighter GT500)

But obviously they are structurally sound - and if it saves a life (or two) it's well worth it.

:victory:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really it's amazing at how well the car held up even though it has significant damage.

But check out that passenger compartment - very good change everyone left alive.

People bash Ford for making these cars heavy (myself included, I would also like a lighter GT500)

But obviously they are structurally sound - and if it saves a life (or two) it's well worth it.

:victory:

+1 :eek5:

I wonder how that insurance claim will be excepted. Lets see, you were doing what when this happened ?

I personally wouldn't want this one because they usually are not as good as they once were. But I have put tops and rear clips on and have seen worse repaired. Depending if they pay or what the title status is, this car might get repaired.

I wonder how that insurance claim will be excepted. Lets see, you were doing what when this happened ?

I personally wouldn't want this one because they usually are not as good as they once were. But I have put tops and rear clips on and have seen worse repaired. Depending if they pay or what the title status is, this car might get repaired.

As long as it was a DE track day, they should/will cover it. Plus if a car has been rolled, they will automatically total it.

Stuff happens...and at least when it happens on the track, no other vehicles are involved. And, their cars, not museum pieces...

P1010064.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010060.jpg

Ouch.

Hope your OK after that hit.

What a drag.

Are you going to fix it or part it out ?

Ouch.

Hope your OK after that hit.

What a drag.

Are you going to fix it or part it out ?

It isn't my car, but I DID have a very good view of the incident... man, that air bag powder tastes BAD! I believe the owner is repairing the car. It really wasn't hurt that badly. Both the driver and I were OK...just a little seat belt sore later that day...

It isn't my car, but I DID have a very good view of the incident... man, that air bag powder tastes BAD! I believe the owner is repairing the car. It really wasn't hurt that badly. Both the driver and I were OK...just a little seat belt sore later that day...

I am glad you and the driver are OK.

What happened? Did the car spin sideways and go into the wall ?

That was Tahoe GT. He used to be a regular hear. He's a great guy. He's the one that posted the high speed fan mod that so many have done to there cars and I'll soon be doing. Man, sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident!

I think instead of the jokes, the comments should run more along this line. I happen to also know that this guy is a great man and it was unfortunate for him to lose his car like this. It could happen to anyone, no matter how experienced you are or how GREAT your car handles! Just this weekend, I saw a Z06 completely lose it! Everyone should just be glad that the guy is doing fine and that he is being a great sport by sharing his experience with everyone, knowing that he might get flamed or hated on.

i dont see how this could be funny to some people? :rant: This happens to even the most experienced drivers!

+1 Not a big NASCAR fan, but from what I have watched, seems to happen to at least one of them every race......Far as I know, they're pretty experienced.

Stuff happens...and at least when it happens on the track, no other vehicles are involved. And, their cars, not museum pieces...

P1010064.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010060.jpg

skip

just glad it wasnt your beautiful Vert

skip

just glad it wasnt your beautiful Vert

NO WORRIES. I GOT ENOUGH SH!T TO DEAL WITH TO FEEL HATED ON.

Look at it this way, it's gallows humor. There are probably a lot of people on this board that are happy it wasn't them. There are also a lot of people on this board who will never drive their cars as they were intended. I'm glad someone linked my CAFORDS.COM post. It saved me the trouble of putting it in here.

RE: The carcass - on the way home from the track I was scheming on how to install the drivetrain into my '65 coupe. I'll no more about what'll happen later today. I'm pretty sure that the car is totaled, though.

To say they very least, the rollover was totally UNEXPECTED. I expected to slide off-track and damage some plastic. I guess that's why we prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I had a great time on Sat. and Sun. and yes, I was running in HPDE2 as I had graduated from HPDE1 after my third run on Sat.

If someone can host a 4.5 GB QT movie, I've got better footage from that whole session. The Shelby was a blast to drive out there, and really easy to modulate the power. I ended-up chasing a 2006 ZO6 off of the track when we hit 140 on the front straight and he missed his braking point because he was watching me in his mirror. (His words.) I guess he couldn't take his eyes off of that stunningly beautiful Red/White GT 500. I made the corner, though missed my braking point because he went straight. I started to follow him, but realized that just wouldn't do, so I turned left instead.

And yes, there were no rock chips on the lights or bumper when I got it home.

Tahoe GT - glad you're safe! Love the updated "signature"... You can still be proud - how many people owned and drove a GT500 the way you did? They only dream & wish...

I say fix it, put a roll cage in it and do some SERIOUS racing

Archived