TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Somebady Had A Rough Day At The Track!!!

WILDTHANG

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess that answers the question of:

"Hey, I don't ever drive this car in any spirited manner, and am taking it to the track to really open it up. I should be ok right?"

Wrong. :o

This is really the result of someone not comfortable with a car going all out and paying the price. Looks like the driver made it ok with the way it crumpled, but what a shame. Reminds me of that vid I saw of a Ferrari or Lambo doing a cone course in a parking lot and the owner obviously had rarely driven it... comes through a turn too fast, locks the breaks and runs over a guy then puts the car into a ditch.

Hurt to watch that one.

Thats why my GT500 will never see a track event. I know myself too well that I will prob get use to it and start pushing the envelope as I do with my dedicated SHO track car.

This is always a possiblity when running on a road course.

I liked to know what class he was running in. My best guess is HDPE 2. I run in 3 and hope to move up to 4 soon

Thats why my GT500 will never see a track event. I know myself too well that I will prob get use to it and start pushing the envelope as I do with my dedicated SHO track car.

I liked to know what class he was running in. My best guess is HDPE 2. I run in 3 and hope to move up to 4 soon

I think our unidentified friend is now running in HEAP 1. :waiting:

I think our unidentified friend is now running in HEAP 1. :waiting:

carnut ... that was good .... heap1

very very funny u ! :headspin:

We just had 13 Gt500s running at Willow in a training event and no damage to anything or anybody (1 spin with a camera running) and the feedback I got was these guys now know (better) how to control the car. In driving, of course there is driving the line and hitting your marks and all, but getting the guys to know how to properly operate the vehicles controls allows them more car control. Hopefully that makes them better drivers on the street as well.

Here's an news story of another GT500 crash. Last week there was a pair of Shelby GT's. I guess it's GT500's this week.

Dave

http://blog.pennlive.com/lvbreakingnews/20...ven_into_s.html

I love this part "Police ask anyone with information to call investigators at 570-839-7701." Maybe I should call, I've got some info " They were Haulin A$$! "

I love this part "Police ask anyone with information to call investigators at 570-839-7701." Maybe I should call, I've got some info " They were Haulin A$$! "

NEVER HAUL ASS ON A PUBLIC ROAD ( SHORT BURSTS ACCEPTABLE :hysterical2: ) ... AND NEVER NEVER DRIVE FAST AT NIGHT ON A ROAD YOU ARENT FAMILIAR WITH :redcard:

Archived