TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Encounter

90GT

First my legal disclaimer: I don't condone street racing in any way but it was late with little traffic and this punk was just asking for it!!!! :censored:

Let me paint the picture for you. It's about 9:30pm and I'm driving home from work in the Stang. In my rear view I can see a black Charger weaving in and out of traffic. He's coming up fast when some guys in a new Toyota Tundra cut him off and block him from coming up on my left :hysterical2::hysterical2: which he was clearly trying to do. We stop at a light at the top of a hill which is two lanes and then turns into one with a long straight before entering a two lane bridge (traffic each way). At the end there is a traffic light and you either have to turn left or right. Road is clear with no other cars except us. The guy in the Charger is stuck behind the Tundra and is rocking his car back and forth an reving his engine. The passenger in the Tundra rolls down his window and yells at me, smoke this M...... F......!!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

The light turns green and I pull out in front of the Tundra and head down the straight, not really beating on my car but giving it enough throttle to put a little distance between us. The guy in the Charger rockets past the Tundra and gets right up on my rear bumper. Near the end of the bridge I can see the light is green, bye bye biotch!!!! I gas it and put a little space between us. Light's still green :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: , on the brakes, down shift into 2nd, through the turn and back on the gas (now on a long up hill straight). Rear end kicks out a little, shift into 3rd and wind it out, now 4th, into 5th (keep in mind there is no traffic) and let off. Charger and Tundra are no where to be seen. Guys in the Tundra are probably laughing their a..... off and the guy in the Charger is wondering what the h..... just happened. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I was amazed how hard my car pulled tonight. Motor wise it's completely stock except for a Bamachips tune. I'm very pleased with how it performed and I can't wait to get my Watts Link installed. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

NIce job Jim. I bet your blood was pumpin.

Sat I had some kids in a F-150 Harley Davidson truck pull up side of me and want to race. :shift:

I went for it, and was very surprised how fast that truck was. It had a SC in it. I could hear it whining and I had to run my RPM's up to pull away from that truck. Then some kids on Bikes wanted to race. I did'nt play with them, as they had passengers on there bikes.

Jim - I hope you obeyed all speed limits. :hysterical2:

I'll be "Hemi-Hunting" very soon. Hear?

Good Form!

I plead the 5th on the speed limit part. :doh:

Normally I wouldn't do any thing like this but there was no traffic around and this guy was just being an as...... :redcard:

I think your car in it's current form would smoke a Hemi Charger let alone with the new supercharger. :shift:

NIce job Jim. I bet your blood was pumpin.

Sat I had some kids in a F-150 Harley Davidson truck pull up side of me and want to race. :shift:

I went for it, and was very surprised how fast that truck was. It had a SC in it. I could hear it whining and I had to run my RPM's up to pull away from that truck. Then some kids on Bikes wanted to race. I did'nt play with them, as they had passengers on there bikes.

Street racing normally isn't my thing. This guy just plucked my last nerve and I went for it like you said. I was surprised how badly I beat him. I thought I would win but I didn't think I would walk him like that. My car is all stock except for a tune motor wise. I have a lot of suspension work done which I suppose could have helped put the power down and got me through the turn faster. Guess he will think twice before he picks on a sedate looking silver GT again. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Ahh, 90GT, you paint a great picture! :superhero: Maybe your Stang pulled harder with the lower fall temps and more dense air?

I can see now that when I get my Stang, I'm going to have to keep my ego in check. If everyone is going to be trying to race me, I've got a lot of self control to start instilling. :angel:

- Josh

Archived