TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT500 & Light Bar Question

CSX4350

I took delivery of an 08 GT500 convertible Friday, it seems like a pretty cool car so far. I've wanted one since I saw the concept car several years ago, and was waiting until the prices got a bit more sane.

IMG_0006-1.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed at the apparent sluggishness of the car, but hope that a few miles and a good Evo stage 2 will take care of that.

I'm looking for a "light bar" as they seem to be called, I love the looks of them but would prefer one with at least some roll bar integrity. Not that I plan on turning the car over, but I've seen too many roll overs involving 'verts and they are almost always ugly. Any suggestions?

TIA

I have seen boost, only about 5 lbs so far, but I only have 215 miles now. It was 170 miles back from the dealership, that's where most of the miles came from.

Welcome and congrates! How many miles are on your car and is the SC even active yet? I think that my be your sluggishness issue.

I have seen boost, only about 5 lbs so far, but I only have 215 miles now. It was 170 miles back from the dealership, that's where most of the miles came from.

If I'm not mistaken, you should be seeing about 8 LBS. under full boost.

I'm a week into my '08 convertible and no sluggishness on this end (~150 miles). I'm at about 7-8 lbs of boost from what I can tell - when you nail it. Driving sensibly doesn't really seem to engage it ... I'm thinking about a light bar as well, but I'll probably wait awhile.

Wally

I took delivery of an 08 GT500 convertible Friday, it seems like a pretty cool car so far. I've wanted one since I saw the concept car several years ago, and was waiting until the prices got a bit more sane.

IMG_0006-1.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed at the apparent sluggishness of the car, but hope that a few miles and a good Evo stage 2 will take care of that.

I'm looking for a "light bar" as they seem to be called, I love the looks of them but would prefer one with at least some roll bar integrity. Not that I plan on turning the car over, but I've seen too many roll overs involving 'verts and they are almost always ugly. Any suggestions?

TIA

Just remember, a light bar will not help in a roll over! They are designed for looks not engineered for safety. A roll cage perhaps, but the light bars that are sold, even the one on the 40th, is cosmetic and aesthetic only!

I ordered the CDC light bar, FRPP stingers and Stage 2 from Evo. I got both the Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes in the XCAL so I could play with it a bit before doing the pulley. I installed the exhaust, light bar and Stage 1 last night. The light bar was an easy install, even the wiring, it looks great and was just the touch I wanted. However...

HOLY COW did the Stage 1 make a difference! I am now seeing the full 8# of boost, the whine is sweet (maybe even addictive?), and traction went from marginal to non-existant. I may do the pulley a little earlier than I had originally planned now.

I ordered the CDC light bar, FRPP stingers and Stage 2 from Evo. I got both the Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes in the XCAL so I could play with it a bit before doing the pulley. I installed the exhaust, light bar and Stage 1 last night. The light bar was an easy install, even the wiring, it looks great and was just the touch I wanted. However...

HOLY COW did the Stage 1 make a difference! I am now seeing the full 8# of boost, the whine is sweet (maybe even addictive?), and traction went from marginal to non-existant. I may do the pulley a little earlier than I had originally planned now.

Post a pic with the light bar on, where you got it, and the cost! Other than a FRPP CAI, this would be the only other mod I would do! Thanks in advance.

Post a pic with the light bar on, where you got it, and the cost! Other than a FRPP CAI, this would be the only other mod I would do! Thanks in advance.

I got it from Evolution, it was about $430. It has the LED brake light, what is nice is that with the top up the brake light is automatically disabled somehow. It matches the interior nicely.

img_0015-1.jpg

img_0018-1.jpg

img_0019-1.jpg

img_0020-1.jpg

Archived