TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prices Coming Down?

BlackoutUT

1st I would never pay over MSRP-period! I have been buying most of my rides -GMS way below MSRP. I just order my 08 Vette today Jetstream Blue Metillac 3lt, a6, nav, npp, polish alm wheels, should have by Dec.15. MSRP was 67,370.00 getting it for 57,000.00 only 3 grand more than the Gt500 vert. I dig both rides I thought I was going to get a limited edition 2 year build only!

So the vette has approx $5k rebates on them???

Or are you telling us there is over $10k mark up on these from invoice to MSRP?

Or are you telling us the dealer is willing to sell you one for less than it cost them?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking the same thing. How does one get over 10 grand off on an 08 Vette?

Good Bust.

Do you know what invoice is compared to MSRP?

How much mark up does the vette have?

I have never looked into it since I have never shopped buying one. But even with the employee pricing there is not $10K in discounts off MSRP unless they have huge rebates on them and I doubt the 08 has any rebates at this point! If the 08 vette has rebates then they are in some serious trouble selling them!

I've been a Ford guy since a teenager but have owned Corvettes and do follow the Corvette board. This guy is right about the MSRP, these things can actually now hit 70 grand in the convertible form which is getting crazy. They might have 7 grand to work with on the car he supposedly ordered but don't hold me to that.

GM built 40,000 Corvettes last year including the Z06. There are nearly 3,000 07s left. The 08s are significantly upgraded from the 07 model and were discounted heavily form the go. 40,000 would appear to be too many at these price levels. I'm sure a die hard bow tie fella would disagree with that to some degree. The C6 has a front end configuration that some Corvette loyalists have not embraced either but I really believe the pricng levels are eroding their traditional customer base.

So the vette vert offers up to $15k in additional options that can be ordered?

I notice it shows the 08 vette vert at $54,450 which I assume is the base price. Invoice at $48,819

So at $67,300 MSRP that is about $13k in optional equipment.

From base price it appears the mark up is about $5,600. Add whatever mark up for each option added.

I don't know what GM's employee price is compared to invoice, but on Ford in that price range it would fall approx $1,400 - $1,600 below invoice. So with all the options and the employee price he may be close to the $10k off MSRP range.

I take it Chevy offers employee pricing on the 08 vette and there must be no problem finding dealers that will sell these for that.

Ford does not offer any employee pricing on the GT500.

But to give an example, the MSRP on mine was $44,865

Invoice $41,123.80

Employee A-Plan $39,493.80 (which is not available through Ford)

So even IF you could get the employee price on a GT500 that is only $5,371.20 off MSRP.

A-Plan is $1,630 below invoice.

So the vette vert offers up to $15k in additional options that can be ordered?

I notice it shows the 08 vette vert at $54,450 which I assume is the base price. Invoice at $48,819

So at $67,300 MSRP that is about $13k in optional equipment.

From base price it appears the mark up is about $5,600. Add whatever mark up for each option added.

I don't know what GM's employee price is compared to invoice, but on Ford in that price range it would fall approx $1,400 - $1,600 below invoice. So with all the options and the employee price he may be close to the $10k off MSRP range.

I take it Chevy offers employee pricing on the 08 vette and there must be no problem finding dealers that will sell these for that.

Ford does not offer any employee pricing on the GT500.

But to give an example, the MSRP on mine was $44,865

Invoice $41,123.80

Employee A-Plan $39,493.80 (which is not available through Ford)

So even IF you could get the employee price on a GT500 that is only $5,371.20 off MSRP.

A-Plan is $1,630 below invoice.

If I didnt get a vette 10K below MSRP, no way I could aford this ride, its a lot of loot! I feel sorry for all the people who had to spend up to 30K for there Shelby and now Ford wants to make more, thats BS!

For your info spoke to a rep at that dealership and the 07 car that is there it was sold and taken back so it is not brand new. I wouldn't buy it at half that price. Do not know what the car went through. 08 are selling between 15.000 and 20.000 over.

Strange. My cousin went to the dealership in person and was told that it was an ordered car that the customer backed out from and hence yes it was "sold" but never registered. So now it's available to be bought "again". Different stories from the same dealership depending who you talk to I guess. Only way to find out is to pull the vehicle history from the Ontario Ministry using the VIN. Would agree that one should be cautious on this particular one because it's been sitting at this dealership since August. Back then I had offered MSRP for this one but they wanted $10K over so I passed.

Strange. My cousin went to the dealership in person and was told that it was an ordered car that the customer backed out from and hence yes it was "sold" but never registered. So now it's available to be bought "again". Different stories from the same dealership depending who you talk to I guess. Only way to find out is to pull the vehicle history from the Ontario Ministry using the VIN. Would agree that one should be cautious on this particular one because it's been sitting at this dealership since August. Back then I had offered MSRP for this one but they wanted $10K over so I passed.

+1, very strange.

There is now a 4LT option for 08 which raises the prices to new highs. I think the base 1LT Coupe, manual is around 45k but is routinely advertised for just under 40.

You are right on the money!I bought an 07 1LT 6 speed for $40,251 before uncle sam at GMS.The MSRP on this car was 45k and change,Sorry I remember what I paid exactly,But not where I started!Tried to buy a GT500 but at the time the local ADM's were in the 5-10k range and I was not able or going to get raped that hard.GT500 is a hell of a car,But I figured I would wait a few years and try to find a garage queen at a reasonable price!My SGT will work fine until I pass it to my son for his highschool grad gift.

SLBSNK we can debate this until we are blue in the face but I think you said right when you said buy at your price. I do however take offense to the blanket statement about the adm. A lot of us mustang faithful who have been buying mustangs (this is my fourth) can't afford 5-10-15k in adm. We jumped into a whole new realm when going over the 40k price point. People like me have to wait our turns. A lot of us are bitching because there is nothing else out there to take care of the mustang base. Either way I am biding my time until I can pull the trigger. 09 and beyond will become reality as I have stated for over a year and a half and price will come down. It already has.

Roger

SLBSNK we can debate this until we are blue in the face but I think you said right when you said buy at your price. I do however take offense to the blanket statement about the adm. A lot of us mustang faithful who have been buying mustangs (this is my fourth) can't afford 5-10-15k in adm. We jumped into a whole new realm when going over the 40k price point. People like me have to wait our turns. A lot of us are bitching because there is nothing else out there to take care of the mustang base. Either way I am biding my time until I can pull the trigger. 09 and beyond will become reality as I have stated for over a year and a half and price will come down. It already has.

Roger

Not sure what the reference was that I made to which you took offense? Regardless, it appears we are on the same page. I do not agree with, nor did I pay an ADM. That was a direct reflection of 2 years of effort on my part to find the deal I did. However, I do not knock anyone who did pay an ADM as again, that was their price point. We all have a top end number when it comes to toys. Bottom line, I did not make the cut for 07, had to wait for 08 to make my deal, and was willing to go to 09 if I had to, or matter of fact, was willing to walk away if need be. I am a business man, had a price, and seeked out a car. I did not bend on my price point and got lucky. I hope you do the same, as well anyone who wants this car! Again, sorry for any offense, not sure where or why, but not my intent.

BTW, this is my fifth stang as well!

Congrats to you,

Your wait is over and I am getting closer. I just think the inital statement you made about people complaining about adm rubbed me the wrong way. Hopefully once I complete my masters I won't have to worry about it and can afford adm later on down the line. As it stands enjoy your ride as I will be on your six with my own as soon as I can.

Roger

Congrats to you,

Your wait is over and I am getting closer. I just think the inital statement you made about people complaining about adm rubbed me the wrong way. Hopefully once I complete my masters I won't have to worry about it and can afford adm later on down the line. As it stands enjoy your ride as I will be on your six with my own as soon as I can.

Roger

Perfect.... and good luck on both the masters and the search! Where are you located?

Orlando Fl. My wife and I are both in school getting our masters. We have some good investments, a nice home with an air-conditioned garage for the shelby. Our son is also having school paid for every month (he's ten months, best thing that ever happened to me). My wife and I make decent money and we can afford it, but not with a high adm. I have been following this car since the first rumors and have been patiently waiting. Everyone I have met here has been very supportive and I was even lucky enough to find the right deal for a few of the board members. I can't wait though. Thanks for the well wishes, my wife and I have no time right now but it will pay off :)

Roger

Perfect.... and good luck on both the masters and the search! Where are you located?

Congrats to you,

Roger

Best of luck on your Masters.

I too am going through the MBA hell right now - while still working, and trying to be a great father and husband.

I'll be done in March... can't wait. No more weekends lost reading and writing papers! My Shelby will be drivin often and, as Ruf would say, with extreme prejudice! :shift:

My boy asked me this weekend, "Daddy, when you're done with school can we go on long drives with your Snake car?" (he calls my 68 Mustang "Daddy's fast car" and the GT500 "Daddy's fast snake car") He's a pretty cool kid!

I should only be so lucky :). Mine had a shelby gt500 key chain every since he was born. It was in the room after he was born and now has a special place on a shelf in his room.

Roger

I too am going through the MBA hell right now - while still working, and trying to be a great father and husband.

I'll be done in March... can't wait. No more weekends lost reading and writing papers! My Shelby will be drivin often and, as Ruf would say, with extreme prejudice! :shift:

My boy asked me this weekend, "Daddy, when you're done with school can we go on long drives with your Snake car?" (he calls my 68 Mustang "Daddy's fast car" and the GT500 "Daddy's fast snake car") He's a pretty cool kid!

Hey Joe,

U of M Carlson or St. Thomas??? I got mine in Finance from Carlson in 1994. I also went evenings and studied weekends. Thankfully, I finished before the second kid was born, and the oldest was only two. I know how little time there is between work, family and school. You've got light at the end of the tunnel! :happy feet:

Gary

I think I just bought an '08 Black convertible... HID, Ambient, Nav, Sat and Premiere interior for 1$ over MSRP.......

Well with a little more negotiating I think you could get them down to 1$UNDER MSRP

and be one of the few bragging about a DISCOUNT DEAL............. :hysterical2::hysterical:

1st I would never pay over MSRP-period! I have been buying most of my rides -GMS way below MSRP. I just order my 08 Vette today Jetstream Blue Metillac 3lt, a6, nav, npp, polish alm wheels, should have by Dec.15. MSRP was 67,370.00 getting it for 57,000.00 only 3 grand more than the Gt500 vert. I dig both rides I thought I was going to get a limited edition 2 year build only!

Hey BUTT HEAD your on a FORD web site and good for you....big shot! You bought a vette and now your in the market for a MUSTANG..

and you never pay over MSRP. I guess you are not wanting a Mustang and the market is what it is... and we are stupid , unlike you ! for paying over MSRP. eat shit!!!!

I won it on eBay... I spoke with the dealership and they confirmed everything..... but I still have to get the $$ and take delivery.... hopefully next week!

If you "WON IT"........ Why do you need to get $$$$ ????? :hysterical2::hysterical:

Hey BUTT HEAD your on a FORD web site and good for you....big shot! You bought a vette and now your in the market for a MUSTANG..

and you never pay over MSRP. I guess you are not wanting a Mustang and the market is what it is... and we are stupid , unlike you ! for paying over MSRP. eat shit!!!!

You got it wrong! I was going to buy a Mustang at MSRP, I was told when I was ordering the car that FORD was only going to build for 2 years 2007, 2008-limited number! I find out only a few weeks ago that FORD is going to kept on building them for the next at least 3 years... If you pay over MSRP you can kiss that money good buy...I feel the Mustang is to water down, you got now the Foose, Saleen, Rouch, Shebly, regular FORD GT, and another one I can't think of. Way too many different kinds of Mustangs, the value won't be there in long run, just my 2 cents. I got a chance to buy a Vette $11,000.00 off MSRP so a took it! If FORD would of only made the Shebly GT 500 for only 2 years I would have got it!!! Oh your last 2 words makes you look to cool...

Archived