TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prices Coming Down?

BlackoutUT

Almost forgot what the thread was about :hysterical:

But yes, ADM's are coming down here in the Midwest also. A guy in our group left today to pick up a Red 08 coupe for $1400 over in Indiana. And there is a Black w Alloy 2008 coupe at a local dealership in Missouri with $5000 over on the window which is still availible.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To real collectors, yes.

:hysterical2:

I'm glad YOUR crystal ball is so accurate in the 30-40 year range. Most don't go past the 15-20 year range for me.

Where can I buy one of those?? Or did you just happen to pick it up cheap at your local garage sale?

I'm glad YOUR crystal ball is so accurate in the 30-40 year range. Most don't go past the 15-20 year range for me.

Where can I buy one of those?? Or did you just happen to pick it up cheap at your local garage sale?

This hammer crushed that crystal ball :hysterical2::hysterical::finger:

I got mine in Houston yesterday for about $3800 over, that was the best deal I could find and had to drive 170 miles to get it. I literally looked all over the country trying to find an MSRP deal. I even tried ordering one and the best any local dealer would do was $5000 over.

When I went to pick mine up they had a coupe in Vapor also, while I was there it sold for more than I paid for my 'vert!!!

With the 2009 GT500 coming, FORD will lucky to even get MSRP! The Mustang program is too water down, Shelby, Rouch, Foose, Saleem, I was going to get GT500 Vert. dealers did not tell the truth, you will see Ford build these till 2011...

Almost forgot what the thread was about :hysterical:

But yes, ADM's are coming down here in the Midwest also. A guy in our group left today to pick up a Red 08 coupe for $1400 over in Indiana. And there is a Black w Alloy 2008 coupe at a local dealership in Missouri with $5000 over on the window which is still availible.

Maybe in the States but not in Canada

I was going to get GT500 Vert. dealers did not tell the truth, you will see Ford build these till 2011...

It is not the dealers that "did not tell the truth." We were specifically told 2007-8 by Ford, so that's what we've been communicating to customers for the past three years. Geez, it's not like we're all scumbags that lie and cheat to make sales and bump up prices. Some of us are actually decent human beings with integrity and an enthusiasm for Mustangs just like you all.

It is not the dealers that "did not tell the truth." We were specifically told 2007-8 by Ford, so that's what we've been communicating to customers for the past three years. Geez, it's not like we're all scumbags that lie and cheat to make sales and bump up prices. Some of us are actually decent human beings with integrity and an enthusiasm for Mustangs just like you all.

golly whiz I got a Shelby JUST like wanted No matter what!!!!!!!!!!! no matter what I paid, or what it's worth when I'm dead, I had fun.

I suggest you phone these guys up quick then because there is a Grabber Orange one availabe right now for MSRP:

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...mp;adid=6496001

I don't think $56649.00 is MSRP. If it is I got a great deal on mine!!

Mike

I don't think $56649.00 is MSRP. If it is I got a great deal on mine!!

Mike

I'm afraid it is in Canada. Even with Canadian dollar at or above the USA dollar the Canadian MSRP prices haven't changed. Check it out at ford.ca if you don't believe me - it will match exactly the $56649.00. I think with the dead of winter up here any dealers sitting on 2007s or 2008 allocations coming will sell for MSRP or close to it. It will likely change in the Spring but maybe not.

Last week on EBay there was one in Mississippi for 3k over. Then Tuesday I finalized with a dealer just north of Indy for $1420. over, was there with my trailer 18 hours later. I waited 18 months for my dealer to get my GT500, asked for my deposit back once I found this deal. Am very happy with the car and the price.

I'm afraid it is in Canada. Even with Canadian dollar at or above the USA dollar the Canadian MSRP prices haven't changed. Check it out at ford.ca if you don't believe me - it will match exactly the $56649.00. I think with the dead of winter up here any dealers sitting on 2007s or 2008 allocations coming will sell for MSRP or close to it. It will likely change in the Spring but maybe not.

shelbyan,

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that the dealer was Canadian and that we were talking Canadian $.

Mike

Found one BELOW MSRP (Canadian prices - but this one is in Windsor across from Detroit)! And for the "collectors" out there this is a 2007.

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...mp;adid=6353750

For your info spoke to a rep at that dealership and the 07 car that is there it was sold and taken back so it is not brand new. I wouldn't buy it at half that price. Do not know what the car went through. 08 are selling between 15.000 and 20.000 over.

For your info spoke to a rep at that dealership and the 07 car that is there it was sold and taken back so it is not brand new. I wouldn't buy it at half that price. Do not know what the car went through. 08 are selling between 15.000 and 20.000 over.

[/quot Dont pay a dime over MSRP! GT500 being made in 09 its not a limited edition any more!

Dont pay a dime over MSRP! GT500 being made in 09 its not a limited edition any more!

Well, there may be 09 GT500's, but Ford certainly has NOT confirmed this yet. Even if they do make another year of GT500's, this car is still not going to be commonplace out there. 16-17 million new cars are sold in America every year. Roughly 8-12 thousand GT500's per year is a small drop in the bucket. So, over the course of three model years, roughly 50 million new cars will have sold in the USA, but only 30 thousand of them would have been GT500's.

I personally know a fair number of people who own (and actually drive) GT500's. I live in an area saturated with Ford/SVT dealers that have sold a decent number of GT500's. I am keenly aware of these cars and can spot them a mile away like anyone else on these forums. However, I can count on one hand how many times I've ever seen a GT500 rollin' down the street (not counting car shows or gatherings, or GT500's coming in for routine service at the dealership I work for).

In summary, our definition of "limited edition" may be different.

However, I can count on one hand how many times I've ever seen a GT500 rollin' down the street (not counting car shows or gatherings, or GT500's coming in for routine service at the dealership I work for).

Great piont, I have only seen 1 on the street since they came out!

However, I can count on one hand how many times I've ever seen a GT500 rollin' down the street (not counting car shows or gatherings, or GT500's coming in for routine service at the dealership I work for).

Great piont, I have only seen 1 on the street since they came out!

In time you will see more, dont worry FORD is making more. :headspin:

This is true. More will be made and the prices will continue to fall as there are now.

10,000 units/year of a car that the 99%+ of the new car buying public would never even consider is not limited by any scale. These build #s will prove to be more than adequate with continued market saturation. Don't think so, look at the Z06, far better performance, fewer built and they are now becoming a tough sell at invoice. It always works this way and the GT500 is in the stages as expected, no big deal.

Your right but I was told 2years on the GT500, get #1 there going to be worth big $$$-limited number being made, hard to get, its was all BS! It piss me off to find out only a few weeks my GT500 was to be in... Thank GOD I found out before I got it...

Your right but I was told 2years on the GT500, get #1 there going to be worth big $$$-limited number being made, hard to get, its was all BS! It piss me off to find out only a few weeks my GT500 was to be in... Thank GOD I found out before I got it...

Sorry to bother you but, did you have a GT500 coming and canceled the order? Is it available as I have a friend who is looking for up to a $3000. over deal? I found mine and am looking for him. Red or Blue could work. Thanks.

In May 2005 SVT told me 07, 08 maybe 09. This was a phone call to SVT themselves.

Personally I think you will see this car run until 2011/12 depending on how long the Camaros and Challengers run for, as this will be the direct competition to these cars, not the vette like some like to think.

Lets face it if the demand is there, they will build them.

I would be pissed at the person that mislead you and not globally at FORD/SVT. I think if you do some research you will find that 09 has always been in the cards as a probable maybe.

Sorry to bother you but, did you have a GT500 coming and canceled the order? Is it available as I have a friend who is looking for up to a $3000. over deal? I found mine and am looking for him. Red or Blue could work. Thanks.

Talk to Brian at Sanderson Ford in Glendale AZ-623-842-8600, Great people to work with, they sell only at MSRP, It was torch red vert, Nav, to tone red seats, HDlights, amber lighting-all the good stuff! The GT500 strip in black to match the blck vert top which is on the lower side of the right and left doors. The car will come in the first week of Nov. I'm glad to help you get it! I also order a Shelby car cover from the dealer, Its a hot looking ride! I was told by CA dealers the GT500, only 2 years! There chargeing up to 30K over MSRP-riping off the public, filling there pockets...

Talk to Brian at Sanderson Ford in Glendale AZ-623-842-8600, Great people to work with, they sell only at MSRP, It was torch red vert, Nav, to tone red seats, HDlights, amber lighting-all the good stuff! The GT500 strip in black to match the blck vert top which is on the lower side of the right and left doors. The car will come in the first week of Nov. I'm glad to help you get it! I also order a Shelby car cover from the dealer, Its a hot looking ride! I was told by CA dealers the GT500, only 2 years! There chargeing up to 30K over MSRP-riping off the public, filling there pockets...

So, let me get this right. The CA dealers told you only 2 years (just like Ford told us dealers), so you put an order in at Sanderson Ford for MSRP. You're telling everyone not to pay a penny over MSRP, you found one at MSRP, and you still aren't gonna take delivery? A lot of people would sell their first born to get one at MSRP and you cancelled your order just because they're gonna (possibly/probably) end up making a few more? Wow! People never cease to amaze me!

So, JC8, how's the new Vette. Got any pictures of your new toy? I like Vettes (not as much as Mustangs, of course) and would be OK with you posting your new Vette pics (even though this is a GT500 forum).

So, let me get this right. The CA dealers told you only 2 years (just like Ford told us dealers), so you put an order in at Sanderson Ford for MSRP. You're telling everyone not to pay a penny over MSRP, you found one at MSRP, and you still aren't gonna take delivery? A lot of people would sell their first born to get one at MSRP and you cancelled your order just because they're gonna (possibly/probably) end up making a few more? Wow! People never cease to amaze me!

So, JC8, how's the new Vette. Got any pictures of your new toy? I like Vettes (not as much as Mustangs, of course) and would be OK with you posting your new Vette pics (even though this is a GT500 forum).

1st I would never pay over MSRP-period! I have been buying most of my rides -GMS way below MSRP. I just order my 08 Vette today Jetstream Blue Metillac 3lt, a6, nav, npp, polish alm wheels, should have by Dec.15. MSRP was 67,370.00 getting it for 57,000.00 only 3 grand more than the Gt500 vert. I dig both rides I thought I was going to get a limited edition 2 year build only!

In May 2005 SVT told me 07, 08 maybe 09. This was a phone call to SVT themselves.

Personally I think you will see this car run until 2011/12 depending on how long the Camaros and Challengers run for, as this will be the direct competition to these cars, not the vette like some like to think.

Lets face it if the demand is there, they will build them.

I would be pissed at the person that mislead you and not globally at FORD/SVT. I think if you do some research you will find that 09 has always been in the cards as a probable maybe.

The only to be pissed at is FORD and SVT! They are the ones that kept saying two years! That is where the dealers got that from. THey didn't just make it up.

I also called and talked to SVT back in April of 2007 and asked if they were going to build this for 2009 and they told me NO! That as far as they know 2007 and 2008 is it!

I have repeatedly asked FORD about this and they still tell me NO! That 2008 is it!

Now they just tell me they have not heard anything about this being built for 2009!

It is FORD that is responsible for misleading everyone about this being two years only. It is FORD that told dealers this was going to be a LIMITED PRODUCTION OF APPROX. 8k - 9k PER YEAR FOR TWO YEARS! WITH A TOTAL PRODUCTION OF APPROX. 18k - 19k UNITS!

This is what FORD told the dealers!

This is what FORD told every dealer via live Ford TV back in April of 2006 right before this car went into production. That was the last announcement they made and their updated production numbers they gave which was increased from the 7k per year they claimed when they first announced they were going to build this car.

Archived