TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prices Coming Down?

BlackoutUT

Ford is producing 16,000 cars this year.... Simple supply and demand

the dealer that im getting mine from for msrp toldme that they were making less

this year. he told me around 5000. he also told me that his dealership recivied 4 cars

last year and for the 08 they were only getting 3 im glad im #2 for the 08

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the dealer that im getting mine from for msrp toldme that they were making less

this year. he told me around 5000. he also told me that his dealership recivied 4 cars

last year and for the 08 they were only getting 3 im glad im #2 for the 08

Well I think it is safe to say the number will be between those two :hysterical: Anyways, good luck on your purchase as well how you get enough sunny days in Alaska to enjoy!

Of all the guys here who are still watching and waiting, I will buy your response as it does make sense. You have plenty of ponies in the garage and really do not need a GT500. Yet you are watching and waiting for the perfect deal. Good for you! However, the ones that get my goat are the guys that have been complaining about the car, the ADM's, and of all things Ford? Ford is NOT making any more or less money on any GT500 they sell! Same price to Ford if it goes MSRP or 25k over. The dealers are making the extra money and trust that this has been hashed out hundreds of times and there are good and bad reasons, along with logical reasons why it is what it is. Now on to my gambling man comment, all I am saying is that it is a gamble for someone who "really" wants this car. You are gambling on IF an 09 is made! On IF an 07 is still out there, or if an 08 still out there will meet YOUR price point! Oh yea, then IF that car matches your wants and needs list!

Bottom line, go look at my other posts, and several others on this forum. There have been cars posted here at MSRP and several for 5k or under on ADM's. Some guys take advantage others do not. Those that do not, well you are the gambles..... I hope you get what you want, when you want, at a price you can live with, but that is a great poker hand to me, if you want to "WIN".

+1000!!!

My guess is that 08 will be the last year and less than 10,000 GT500/GT500KRs will be produced. That will be consistent with Ford's early statements that it would be a two year run with 18-20K made. If I had to have one and lived in a snowbelt state, I'd wait for three months but not more than six. You want to secure your car before an announcement says that they are done making them. That gives you a chance to pick off a leftover 07 and maybe scoop up an 08 that the dealer got in late and doesn't want to sit on all winter long. If Ford announces that there will be no 09 and if production stays below 10,000, then every dealer with one or two in stock will hold firm at at least 10K over MSRP. Same sort of thing happened with the 2006 GTOs and they were heavily discounted for a while. Now that there are very few left, dealers are getting higher prices. And that's with a car that pretty much universally panned (wrongly, I might add). A $45K Mustang with a body that's been around for 5 years does not match up well with a fresh new sexy 2009 Camaro and Challenger at $35K. Ford will need to come in with a $35K special edition 400 HP Mustang. That's what I see in my crystal ball. Ford needs the volume to keep the production lines running and everyone happy. Our 10K cars a year are a drop on the bucket. If you have to have this car don't let 3-5K keep you from getting it. Stop buying Heineken, Kirin, and Corona and start buying Milwaukee's best!!

My guess is that 08 will be the last year and less than 10,000 GT500/GT500KRs will be produced. That will be consistent with Ford's early statements that it would be a two year run with 18-20K made. If I had to have one and lived in a snowbelt state, I'd wait for three months but not more than six. You want to secure your car before an announcement says that they are done making them. That gives you a chance to pick off a leftover 07 and maybe scoop up an 08 that the dealer got in late and doesn't want to sit on all winter long. If Ford announces that there will be no 09 and if production stays below 10,000, then every dealer with one or two in stock will hold firm at at least 10K over MSRP. Same sort of thing happened with the 2006 GTOs and they were heavily discounted for a while. Now that there are very few left, dealers are getting higher prices. And that's with a car that pretty much universally panned (wrongly, I might add). A $45K Mustang with a body that's been around for 5 years does not match up well with a fresh new sexy 2009 Camaro and Challenger at $35K. Ford will need to come in with a $35K special edition 400 HP Mustang. That's what I see in my crystal ball. Ford needs the volume to keep the production lines running and everyone happy. Our 10K cars a year are a drop on the bucket. If you have to have this car don't let 3-5K keep you from getting it. Stop buying Heineken, Kirin, and Corona and start buying Milwaukee's best!!

Good post, well put, and I agree. Lets hope this is how it swings!

Ford is not going to compete with a 450hp Camaro with a 400hp mustang, isn't going to happen. It will be a 500+ horsepower Gt500.

94, when you buy a GT500, you will realize the difference! Ford is NOT going to use the GT500 as competition to the Camero! Just as an FYI, why would Ford use a GT500, that can only be built in limited supply (motor and trans supply) to compete with GM who will built 10's of thousands of Camero's? Bottom line a Camero will be built and compared to a Mustang GT, or some other option Ford has up their sleeve's that can indeed be built in high numbers (Maybe a GT350, or Boss 302, or some other type of Shelby GT). Common sense here is that Ford will not use a GT500, with low end production, and it's highest HP, to compete with something so common as the new Camero! But hey, just my .02

That would seem to be the logical scenario considering the fact that the 500HP Ford motor is in production and selling extremely well.

Again, do you two realize the GT500 motor is "hand" built? Do you really think Ford is going to use that stumbling block as it's best defense against a common Camero? Logical scenario? Please!

Again, do you two realize the GT500 motor is "hand" built? Do you really think Ford is going to use that stumbling block as it's best defense against a common Camero? Logical scenario? Please!

I found hooligan's lost avatar. That's why everything comes down to logic on buying a car. There is no emotional component. Even an anal CPA like me gives in to the "dark side' (emotion) when it comes to a great car. It's about enjoying yourself and having fun! :yahoo:

post-6227-1192809387_thumb.jpg

I found hooligan's lost avatar. That's why everything comes down to logic on buying a car. There is no emotional component. Even an anal CPA like me gives in to the "dark side' (emotion) when it comes to a great car. It's about enjoying yourself and having fun! :yahoo:

:hysterical: +1000

First off let me say that I'm a very active member over at "The Mustang Source" (WuTimeUT) and have just starting viewing over here. What a great site! Anyway, is it just me or are the prices on Shelbys really finally starting to come down! I was just wondering how many of you have or are getting MSRP deals. If I can get a GT500 at MSRP I can afford it. So I'm really starting to look. I haven't seen any dealers down here in Texas selling even close to MSRP yet. Whats it look like everywhere else?

I'm currently taking offers for my 2008 GT500 starting at 5500.00 over MSRP, the car is currently getting built with a 5-6week delivery...If your interested E-MAIL me at teamxlr8@centurytel.net or call 651-216-7668 This car will be delivered in the St Paul,Mn. area.....

I'm currently taking offers for my 2008 GT500 starting at 5500.00 over MSRP, the car is currently getting built with a 5-6week delivery...If your interested E-MAIL me at teamxlr8@centurytel.net or call 651-216-7668 This car will be delivered in the St Paul,Mn. area.....

Post in the for sale forum if you want a better hit.

Some of you guys are brainwashed with an illusion of everthing concerning this car being "limited". A "limited" suply of motors? They are advertised and sold on Fords website. Buy as many as you want.

10s of thousands of Camaros, certainly,nodoubt about it. GT500s, also built by the tens of thousands.

You honestly believe that GM will not provide its enthusiasts with a Camaro that equals or eclipses the performance of the top level Mustang.

You are going to be in for an unpleasent surprise my friend.

Not what I said, I stated the GT500 will NOT be that vehicle for Ford, something else may very well be, but probably not something they can only build in limited supply! YES LIMITED SUPPLY! Not because they want to, because they have to! This car can not be built as it is today in the "10's of thousands per year as the GM Camaro will be". Don't read between the lines is all I am saying. I agree with part of what you say, just not all.

Thanks for clueing him in drhooligan. slb8snk if you had bothered to read the post I responded to you would see the claim was the end of the GT500 in 2008 with a Boss, Mach 1 whatever replacement at 400hp. There is no way this is going to compete when a Camaro has 450hp. In other words Ford is not going to let the competition out do them in the pony car wars round 2. They started this war and they are going to finish it. We all know the end of the GT500 is more like 2013 and that could be wishful thinking.

Some of you guys are brainwashed with an illusion of everthing concerning this car being "limited". A "limited" suply of motors? They are advertised and sold on Fords website. Buy as many as you want.

10s of thousands of Camaros, certainly,nodoubt about it. GT500s, also built by the tens of thousands.

You honestly believe that GM will not provide its enthusiasts with a Camaro that equals or eclipses the performance of the top level Mustang.

You are going to be in for an unpleasent surprise my friend.

They are offered on Ford's site but buy as many as you like? Hardly! They probably don't have that many available. Besides, how many people will buy those for $15K a pop?

They can only build up to 40 per day. So they are LIMITED as far as how many they can produce.

I suspect they might build the 5.4L or something else that will be produced outside of SVT to add to regular production cars that will offer more power than the stock 4.6L.

Also, I suspect the motor for the Boss will built by SVT which would cease production on the hand built 5.4L used in the GT500. They is still talk of a bigger motor coming out for the Boss. Who is going to build it? SVT or will it be produced somewhere else?

"Limited" or not it looks like they will be making them or an improved version for some time. Mustangevolution.com's Mustang News section has an article that should be of particular interest to anyone in the market for a GT500.

The article begins with: The Shelby GT500 wil be sticking around for quite some time according to Amy Boylan, President of SAI. She states that the GT500 will run well into the next body style. The article makes it clear that the dealers can no longer market this car as a limited edition or limited run offering and expects the selling prices to drop accordingly.

I have no doubt they will be around for the 2010 models. The article also said with higher HP. Perhaps they will use the upgraded supercharger where the 2010 will be 600 factory HP.

Regardless of what it is, with any new redesign comes the next big wave of gotta have it now buyers and the ADM's just start over again. Especially with additional HP being offered.

I suspect this could also provide a lot of used 07 - 09 GT500's on the market as a lot of these will be traded for the next biggest and newest GT500 on the market.

I can't wait to see what all be offered on the new 2010 and what it will look like. If it looks good I will be planning on getting one. I was thinking on getting another GT500 but I decided to wait for the 2010 to see what they will be like.

It will be interesting to see what the new GT500 is like compared to the Boss that will be coming out.

My understanding was SVT would be building the motor for the Boss. If that is the case then how are they going to handle building both motors for both the GT500 and the Boss? They can only build 40 per day.

You just don't get it. GM will configure and market a top dog Camaro, "limited" if you cling to that notion that will rival Fords highest level performing Pony Car(GT500). It will likely be produced in volumes that don't vary much from that of the GT500. GM and for that matter Mopar can and will offer a level of their respective Pony Cars with solid 12 second capability if not better. This stratum is not owned nor is exclusive to Ford. Time to wake and smell the competition guys, its coming soon.

NO, YOU don't GET IT! All I have stated is that the GT500 will NOT be that car! If Ford wants to compete with a Camero or whatever Mopar comes up with, in the 400+ HP club, Ford will come out with SOMETHING that can be MASS PRODUCED! They are not going to use a hand built motor, in a limited quantity mode car to compete. Read before you type and try to understand what MANY of us are saying. Don't worry, I am sure Ford will "defend" the movement THEY started with high HP cars, but it will more than likely NOT be with the GT500.

Thanks for clueing him in drhooligan. slb8snk if you had bothered to read the post I responded to you would see the claim was the end of the GT500 in 2008 with a Boss, Mach 1 whatever replacement at 400hp. There is no way this is going to compete when a Camaro has 450hp. In other words Ford is not going to let the competition out do them in the pony car wars round 2. They started this war and they are going to finish it. We all know the end of the GT500 is more like 2013 and that could be wishful thinking.

I think both of you guys need to understand mass production. No where did I state Ford will not defend, all I KEEP saying is that the GT500 will not be that product! Ford will answer with something as cheap and easy to built as the new Camero or Challenger. End of story. But if it makes you feel better to think that Ford will build a few thousand GT500's from now until 2040 (if that makes it better) than so be it. I doubt Ford is that stupid as to use their biggest dog to fight a battle, rather than keep it for the war.

No, not end of story, far from it. You seem to be unwilling to accept the fact that GM and Mopar are quite capable of also building a low volume, ultra performing, special edition of their respective Pony Cars to directly rival and compete with the GT500. GM is an LS7(427NA) transplant away from doing pricesly that.

OK! So let me play YOUR game! And if GM does just that, hummm let me see, no ADM, no greedy dealers, no long lines, no yada yada yada! What the heck is your point and continual ramble? You need to go back and read it, cause we tire of responding to it! Buy a car, any car, then go to that site and post, but in either case, try to make an impact and purpose and post something less defensive and more positive for a change! :banghead::banghead:

600 HP in a factory Mustang. Would that be the real deal or what. That will give the bow tie guys a tough one to deal with for sure. Can't wait to see this unfold. It doesn't get much better for performance junkies.

Ford offers a new supercharger now that will get the current GT500 600 HP. I think it is the same one SAI will be installing for the supersnake.

So how hard is it to just use the new supercharger over the current one and produce 600 HP from the factory? I would THINK Ford would offer this on the 2010. If they are going to keep building GT500's they have to keep up with newer designs along with more power to keep the sales strong. At least that is what I would be doing if I had anything to do with it.

Yeah that sounds like the way to do it.

Is the S/C on the Supersnake a Whipple?

Here is the only thing posted on the supercharger that comes on the supersnake:

"Shelby Supercharger upgrade to the Ford Racing Supercharger for both the 600HP and 725HP versions. * Testing may require a different supercharger at the 725HP level"

Here are the specs on the new 2.3L eaton supercharger:

M-6066-SGT*Black Wrinkle Finish

Fits 5.4L DOHC 2007-08 SVT Mustang

105 hp increase over stock (605 hp vs. 500 hp), 90 lbs/ft increase in torque over stock (570 lbs/ft vs. 480 lbs/ft) using correction factor SAE J1349

2.3L Twin Vortices Series Eaton supercharger features 4-lobe 160 degree twist rotors

Includes open element cold air intake system

Includes Pro-Cal tool voucher with kit

Engineered by Roush for Ford Racing

Premium fuel required

Available as part of Shelby Super Snake Package

2007 SVT Mustangs must use upgraded damper M-6312-SVT (see www.fordracingparts.com) to maintain warranty coverage.

Due to multiple calibrations, online registration is required to receive Pro-Cal tool after purchase.

E.O. # Pending

Here is a link to the upgraded supercharger on Ford Racing Parts:

SUPERCHARGER

First off let me say that I'm a very active member over at "The Mustang Source" (WuTimeUT) and have just starting viewing over here. What a great site! Anyway, is it just me or are the prices on Shelbys really finally starting to come down! I was just wondering how many of you have or are getting MSRP deals. If I can get a GT500 at MSRP I can afford it. So I'm really starting to look. I haven't seen any dealers down here in Texas selling even close to MSRP yet. Whats it look like everywhere else?

First of all, only the 2007 GT 500s with keep their value and sell for alot more then the 08 and 09.

Info from a collector and invester of cars. Sorry to disppoint you all.

Here is the only thing posted on the supercharger that comes on the supersnake:

"Shelby Supercharger upgrade to the Ford Racing Supercharger for both the 600HP and 725HP versions. * Testing may require a different supercharger at the 725HP level"

Here are the specs on the new 2.3L eaton supercharger:

M-6066-SGT*Black Wrinkle Finish

Fits 5.4L DOHC 2007-08 SVT Mustang

105 hp increase over stock (605 hp vs. 500 hp), 90 lbs/ft increase in torque over stock (570 lbs/ft vs. 480 lbs/ft) using correction factor SAE J1349

2.3L Twin Vortices Series Eaton supercharger features 4-lobe 160 degree twist rotors

Includes open element cold air intake system

Includes Pro-Cal tool voucher with kit

Engineered by Roush for Ford Racing

Premium fuel required

Available as part of Shelby Super Snake Package

2007 SVT Mustangs must use upgraded damper M-6312-SVT (see www.fordracingparts.com) to maintain warranty coverage.

Due to multiple calibrations, online registration is required to receive Pro-Cal tool after purchase.

E.O. # Pending

Here is a link to the upgraded supercharger on Ford Racing Parts:

SUPERCHARGER

I see it also comes with a CAI as part of the package. Does this mean if you already have the FRPP CAI and tune (advertised min 40hp gain) that you will only gain an additional 65hp with this kit? In other words, is the $6k supercharger itself only giving you roughly 65 additional hp? The same question holds if you have a JLT or other aftermarket CAI and tune.

Why is that? Do you really think anyone will care in 30 or 40 years?

Maybe some might care 30 - 40 years from now.

With most buying these and driving them today, the question is, who today really cares what will be in 30 - 40 years from now???

With most of the buyers being 35+ today, many of them will be lucky to still be here in 30 - 40 years muchless worrying about what these cars will be worth!

First of all, only the 2007 GT 500s with keep their value and sell for alot more then the 08 and 09.

Info from a collector and invester of cars. Sorry to disppoint you all.

It is a crap shoot and you know it. The market is very hard to predict. Example in 2004 a 68 Shelby Gt500 convertible sells for $40,000. 2 years later one sells for $278,000. Both at the mecum auction in Belvidere, Il. Now prices on the classic Shelby's are coming down again. Being the 1st year of the new Shelby maybe a bit more. But the 2008 and more than likely 2009 will be speced identically so no I don't think a 2007 will bring twice as much.

It is a crap shoot and you know it. The market is very hard to predict. Example in 2004 a 68 Shelby Gt500 convertible sells for $40,000. 2 years later one sells for $278,000. Both at the mecum auction in Belvidere, Il. Now prices on the classic Shelby's are coming down again. Being the 1st year of the new Shelby maybe a bit more. But the 2008 and more than likely 2009 will be speced identically so no I don't think a 2007 will bring twice as much.

OMG, glad you said it. I would have been much harsher. I am not sure how many brain dead people there are that think these cars will fetch anywhere near those of the 60's. If anyone is in it for that, poor sucker is all I can say. Sell your car now, bail out, and take the 50k and invest it somewhere else if that is your end game, for gosh sakes!

Of all the guys here who are still watching and waiting, I will buy your response as it does make sense. You have plenty of ponies in the garage and really do not need a GT500. Yet you are watching and waiting for the perfect deal. Good for you! However, the ones that get my goat are the guys that have been complaining about the car, the ADM's, and of all things Ford? Ford is NOT making any more or less money on any GT500 they sell! Same price to Ford if it goes MSRP or 25k over. The dealers are making the extra money and trust that this has been hashed out hundreds of times and there are good and bad reasons, along with logical reasons why it is what it is. Now on to my gambling man comment, all I am saying is that it is a gamble for someone who "really" wants this car. You are gambling on IF an 09 is made! On IF an 07 is still out there, or if an 08 still out there will meet YOUR price point! Oh yea, then IF that car matches your wants and needs list!

Bottom line, go look at my other posts, and several others on this forum. There have been cars posted here at MSRP and several for 5k or under on ADM's. Some guys take advantage others do not. Those that do not, well you are the gambles..... I hope you get what you want, when you want, at a price you can live with, but that is a great poker hand to me, if you want to "WIN".

I really like this whole quote.

Especially the part in bold.

+1000

Archived