TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Exhaust

Dennis70Mach

I had the drone problem with a Bassani cat back system on my Terminator. Couldn't stand it. It occured right at the cruising rpm. I put some sound insulation under the back seats, under the trunk mat, and behind the rear seats. this reduced a sig. amount of it and maintained the the good sound.

Has anyone tried the Corsa products?

I put the corsa 14311 axle back on about three weeks ago they were easy to install and no drone. I will be doing the JLT CAI with an inhouse PSI tune tomorrow at 1:00 well see more about the sound then.

Aside from the sound...and that is a factor in a muscle car..do any of these catback or muffler changes add to any horsepower gains? AND which catback gives the most HP gain? I also want to do the bolt on mods..So do I take the Ford Racing Package.(S/C...CAI..tune..exhaust) over a KennyBell,JLT,MagnaFlow, SCT tune?

DC, thanks, that confirms some of my thoughts. I think I am going to go with the compete FRPP CAI and tune along with the SVT1's. As I see it, that should bring in a good Ford Racing look and fit, as well gain an extra 40-50 HP between the tune and exhaust.

By the way, I just noticed, our cars were built and belivered almost on the same days, and they are the same other than vert/coupe! Cool.

Your welcome. Hey, that is pretty cool about our cars B-Days, Dan.

Aside from the sound...and that is a factor in a muscle car..do any of these catback or muffler changes add to any horsepower gains? AND which catback gives the most HP gain? I also want to do the bolt on mods..So do I take the Ford Racing Package.(S/C...CAI..tune..exhaust) over a KennyBell,JLT,MagnaFlow, SCT tune?

So what about this anyone?

Based upon listening to other people, viewing MANY videos on Youtube and listening to other people's cars, I bought the SLP Loudmouths. I definitely do not regret it. However, there is something that anyone considering this product should understand. The SLP Loudmouths are NOT mufflers. They are simply straight pipes that ELIMINATE the factory mufflers entirely. They have very nice polished tips and look great, but I wanted anyone reading this thread and contemplating the purchase to fully understand what the SLP Loudmouths are. With this being said, the cars equipped with the SLP Loudmouths are not as loud as you would think they would be when you eliminate the mufflers. I have heard people say that the CATS are fairly restrictive and therefore act somewhat like a muffler anyway. All I can say is that eliminating the factory mufflers and adding the SLP gives the GT 500 that low rumble that ANY muscle car would be proud to have. Just my .02.

Loudmouth's sound fantastic as long as you have the stock cats/x-pipe setup but don't even think about running these with an off-road X and cat delete setup.... totally impossible to even drive around the block.... seemed louder and more obnoxious than straight headers on a car when I tried it... I had to sell my SLP's after going with the SW off-road pipe / off-road X setup.

The stock cats are extremely restrictive and do act just like a set of mufflers on our cars, therefore the SLP loudmouths make the car sound like it is alive and not just another fast looking car with a dead slug for an engine.

Archived