TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone plan on buying & selling - quick?

RUFDRAFT

Considering what some buyers are willing to spend on this car, I was wondering if anyone out there planned on buying at MSRP and then selling it quickly to make $5-15k. Then - sit back and wait on an '08.

:shift:

Wow. That would disappoint me more than the dealers who went back on their word.

Actually, that would make a case for why they went back on their word. That was the scenario my dealership used for why they couldn't sell me mine at MSRP, like they said they could last year. They claimed I could go out and sell it for more than I paid for it. :nonono:

Orf - I know. I just got to thinking that some folks who are locked in to an MSRP deal might get the "dealer" mentality and make a buck. I'll bet some will do this. And - ironically - it may benefit some who are willing to pay above MSRP to get one. Should be interesting. :hysterical:

If a NEW GT500 has my name on the ownership card, there is no freaking way in heck that (outside of some horrible instance) the GT500 would leave my possesion.

Just like my Mach1, love it baby.

So that would be a no freaking way from this guy.

Sorry I had to reply to this. :doh:

Ray - my sales mgr told me if I took delivery and flatbedded the Shelby to auction - I'd probably make $20k.

I'm not going to - but I wouldn't be surprised to see some Ebay auctions very soon from owners who want to make a buck.

Ray - my sales mgr told me if I took delivery and flatbedded the Shelby to auction - I'd probably make $20k.

I'm not going to - but I wouldn't be surprised to see some Ebay auctions very soon from owners who want to make a buck.

I dunno.

I strongly believe that Carroll is in the good books with the big dude upstairs.

There MAY be some lightening strikes the day of the auction... :hysterical:

I am getting the car at MSRP. And I have been offered by two different dealers: one offered 10K over sticker. And the other offered $15K over sticker to me.

I could sell it and make some quick bucks, but it is not that serious to me. So I plan on keeping mine.

Besides, everyone thinks the frenzy will die down. But that in itself isn't promised for a new Shelby GT500.

Also, the dealer I am buying from, has already a long list for his 08's. They only got two 07's, and probably the same for 08's.

It took alot of shopping to get an MSRP deal after being on three list for the car.

I also plan on buying a Mustang GT vert. in the summer of 2008 from the same dealer for the wife and made a promise to myself not to sell my Shelby GT500 once I get it.

I regret in the past selling cars I had such as my: 67 Firebird & 68 Camaro :cry:

So, NO SELLING THE SHELBY GT500 for me.

The 2nd guy on the list at my dealership is supposingly going to sell his as soon as he can get it. He was sure he was going to get the #1 car, but the dealership stuck with their promise to me.

According to the news I got earlier in the week, it may be November before he sees his car. I wonder if the hype will still be high enough for him to make the quick buck after paying $5k over MSRP!

Considering what some buyers are willing to spend on this car, I was wondering if anyone out there planned on buying at MSRP and then selling it quickly to make $5-15k. Then - sit back and wait on an '08.

:shift:

I am never selling my first one I am confirmed #1 on due from a President's Award Winning dealer. I have regretted like others, selling a 1970 Z/28 Camaro LT-1, and 64 Falcon Sprint. But the 2 other GT500s that are promised to me should come late in the model year are open for discussion. By then I might see what 08 will bring. I would not mind getting back some of the $10K over I had to pay to get #1. :sos:

Not gonna happen. I've been working on this deal for over a year and my dealer has kept their word. If I bought this for sticker and immediately sold it for profit, I'd be no better than the dealers that are marking these cars way up.

Very interesting question. To link this to a new rumor that a new cobra will be seen in 2008, not shelby but just svt which I would assume would be hopefully somewere around 450 hp at the flywheel to keep up with the challenger and camaro. I could see some people buying the gt500 and not being able to afford it then sell it and buy that. Not to forget all the ones which will be repoed, and given back to the dealerships because someone couldnt afford them. Anyways if there making around 430-450 at the rear wheels, I think me and my dad will stick with a kb super charger on his 06 gt. None the less it wont look as good as a gt500. So even if your getting one or not its still a waiting game to see what happens! :doh:

I'd be no better than the dealers that are marking these cars way up.

Can I get an Amen? Amen!

We need to stand together and fight the ADMs. glad to see you have inegrity.

I have been waiting over thirty years to get a Shelby, I will not sell this one for nothing. I get my GT 500 in the Shelby Registery as the original owner too. Wow, two wishes for the price of one. Now maybe I would trade it for an original 65 GT350R. I have a 65 fastback and have been offered 20k over what I have in it and will not sell. These autos are legacys, not just investments. We few that have the oppertunity to own the first Shelby Mustang to be built in 37 years, have a reponsibility to automotive history to be the caretakers of these fine automobiles. Not to make a quick buck and then move on to something else. If that is the plan, then become a dealer. I will get off my soapbox now. Just kinda makes me sad. This is a passion, not a profit!

Not gonna happen. I've been working on this deal for over a year and my dealer has kept their word. If I bought this for sticker and immediately sold it for profit, I'd be no better than the dealers that are marking these cars way up.

:party: Yup, no way I,m doing that either....It would be a slap in the face for my dealer.

:party: Yup, no way I,m doing that either....It would be a slap in the face for my dealer.

+1

My dealer already asked me if I planned selling to make $. I gave him my word that I wouldn't sell and I plan to stick to it! This guy was an absolute pleasure to work.

NOT............I've made some poor decisions in my life. Most have involved cars or similar collectible treasures that once gone, I've found them almost impossible to have back. Most of the poor decisions were made in haste as an arogant youth. Who was I, to actually think that I would be able to buy back most all of the things I had forfeited to those with more $ and wisdom than I? Now older and more patient, I plan on pampering my GT500 for many years to come, at which time I'll kick it, leave the car to my kids to fight over and hopefully the whole pampering process will begin anew.

ShelbyWise

Someone in the Portland, OR area is already planning it. I saw a Craigslist posting for a 2007 Shelby GT 500. Asking $20k over sticker. I figured it was a dealer, hoping for extra profit, so I wrote to find out which dealer. Guy responded that he was not a dealer, but had ordered his Shelby and was offering a buyer the chance to pick different colors before it was too late to change.

Tell you what Professor. I just sunk a 'money pit' into my backyard for the kids (pool) and I'll tell you, the pool was cheap compared to everything else that was required! (wrought iron fencing, patio, electrical, rock/landscaping/sod)

So, If someboby offered me 80k Canadian my Heart would still be in the right place and I'd say no. However..., if some crazy offered me 100k Canadian I'd be Hard Pressed to Refuse!

I've been waiting 14 years for this car to materialize, since I sold my 88' 5.0L. Being the First, at my Dealer to take delivery in July, it would not be an easy decision! :shrug:

Unless a serious (and I mean SERIOUS) situtation arose that could only be resolved by selling the 500, I never intend to sell it, much less for a quick profit. For one thing, I am bound by a document that states that within the first two years of ownership, I can only sell the car back to FoMoCo at the price that I orginally paid them for it. But as I stated at the outset, none of that is important because I will never sell this car.

Archived