TEAM SHELBY FORUM

differences between 07 and 08 GT500s?

venomous67

HID and ambient lighting are the only changes.!

Hi to all. First time post. I just got my Red gt 500 Coupe last week. I have been lurking and was able to trace on the rail line, was a lot of fun, Thanks to all that posted info in the past.

Also on all 08 Mustangs the fuel fill pipe has been redesigned to go though the frame and not under and over the frame rail. Overall lot's of fuel fill concerns after a few thousamd miles on the 07's. This look's like the way it should have been done in the first place. Have heard talk that a FSA may be coming on earlier models when installation in the field can be worked out...

Leroy

HID and ambient lighting are the only changes.!

Actually more than that, but could be things we won't ever know about. For example, the crank damper is different. In addition, I'm sure there are other things. For example, there was a change to the front lower control arms during job 2 on the '07s that we "stumbled" across when one member changed theirs and showed the difference. I believe there will be differences with the job 2 '08s also...perhaps a change to the clutch assembly that we'll never know about.

Dave

The 2008 stereo nobs all have cool built in little chrome accent rings on them too. Makes the stereo look a tad more classy. I saw Steel Steeds 2008 Sunday, and it was the first thing I noticed when I looked inside it.

The 2008 stereo nobs all have cool built in little chrome accent rings on them too. Makes the stereo look a tad more classy. I saw Steel Steeds 2008 Sunday, and it was the first thing I noticed when I looked inside it.

Now Im going to have to go back and look at some interior pics that have already been posted and look a little closer.

It will be interesting to find out all the small changes that were made over time.

Archived