TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 Production

GT500-07

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wanted a limited edition GT500, I was told like you folks 2 years thats all, I waited over 9 months to get! A vert even more limited to get. Now with the 09ies this was not true!!!. I got a loaded down 2008 Vette Vert. sticker $67,370 for $57,000.00, I got it $10,370.00 below MSRP, 436 HP Jetstream blue. I like the A6-paddles with the Vette. Faithful-right! My first new ride years ago was a Mustang, as stated before I wanted a limited edition Stang...I really feel sad for all you's, paying up to 30K over MSRP! I hate of the thought of being rip off... You will never get that money back, your dealers screw you all over, backing there wallets. I like idea of paying below MSRP than over!

I am not a dealer, nor am related to one by no means, actually am a physician and am waiting for my gt500. when i read what shelbydude has written i feel how honest he is in pointing out that he and other dealers where mislead by FORD. From my side of the fence as a customer i would think that most dealers are in for selling cars, thats after all what they do, and it would appear to me that they wont favor 15k$ on one car or two and lose their customers faith, that is my thought on it, and i think that you could be wrong on this dealer thing.

Caroll Shelby is 85 (soon), Gas is $4.00 gallon, Ford in finachaial difficulty and cutting back production, and the car served its purpose by generating much interest in the Mustang Brand Name (I am thinking this is not a proffitable car for Ford)

All these issues are somwhat reminisent of the early 70's and the death of the muscle car. Don't bet on an 09.. by yours this year!

I said it before in another thread, the brightest most beautiful color of the star is just before its supernova.

The 2009's are coming. If you let some dealer screw you that is your own fault. Ford made no money on the ADM you paid. You essentailly let the dealers know it is OK to screw over consumers with their price gouging. The 2003 mach 1 was supposed to be 1 year only and about 7,000 cars. Ford is in the business to make money, not collectibles. 2 production years and 17,000 cars later you saw the results of the Mach 1. Jay O Connell openly stated in 2006 they were working on a newer version of the gt500. That newer version will be the 2010 model. Carroll Shelby openly stated the Challenger and Camaro better not even think about out horsepowering his gt500 again in 2006. Funny these cars don't come out till 2009 and 2010 respectively. That would be tough to do if they stopped in 2008. MM & FF openly stated in Aug. 2006 the run of Shelby's was 5 years. Amy B has stated well into the next body style. So we are talking 2012 at least.

By '10 there will be a new SVT top Mustang, probably a Boss and Shelby will still be modifying 07-08 or 09 GT500s and they will probably be making a GT350 by then.

Yes, Ford will have an answer to the new cars coming out into the '10s but I dont think it will be a called a GT500.

It will be similar, same way the Terminator is similar to the GT500

i bet shelby picks up at least 5k new orders due to that legend movie just releasing..i doubt shelby or ford will turn away those people due to "trying to keep gt500 exclusive.".it amazes me people will pay 5 to 15 thousand over sticker for a gt500 or other (chally/new camaro)..perronally i really dont have a position on this other then the aforementioned..im 6 foot 280 pounds and feel like an elephant packed in a saradine can when i sit inside a stang...i love stangs..but trucks ae my preference (like women so dont go there)..may be i will be wrongs..but i fully expect gt 500's (or variants) sitting next to gt350's on dealers lots in the not to distant future...muscle car wars are here..and it is only going to get better..

Well under 60K... my loaded vert out the door, no ADM was just about 55K

I had it locked in for 47060$ and am tracking it with blue oval forum..supposed to be built on 12/10..so am excited and waiting for her to get home :happy feet:

Yours is beautiful congratulation ....!

I had a call from my dealer about an update on my order of the gt500 (for the record i have to admit that he was treating me like am his only customer and it was a very pleasant experience), what was interesting is that we had discussion about 2009 gt500 earlier...and today his tone was so definitive that it will be only 2 years.. not if ...not maybe... it was ONLY TWO YEARS.. so that got me excited and confused at the same time from what i heard and read about 2009.

I had a call from my dealer about an update on my order of the gt500 (for the record i have to admit that he was treating me like am his only customer and it was a very pleasant experience), what was interesting is that we had discussion about 2009 gt500 earlier...and today his tone was so definite that it will be only 2 years.. not if ...not maybe... it was ONLY TWO YEARS.. so that got me excited and confused at the same time from what i heard and read about 2009.

I remember a year ago a local dealers salesman and GM insisted that

"07 WILL BE THE ONLY MODEL YEAR" for the GT500......... :hysterical:

So what if really this thing goes like ford says 2 years...big IF i know but possible...

The point I was trying to make is I dont value much from what dealer

sales people say unless it's from;

"SHELBY DUDE" :bowdown:

There will be an 09 GT500. If an announcement from Ford is what you need then you should have it somewhere in the near future but be absolutely certain that the GT500 will continue in the '09 model year and likely beyond.

the exact wording of the dealer is that THE CONTRACT WITH SHELBY FOR GT500 IS TWO YEARS ONLY, it could be that shelby has other projects with ford which explains what AmyB said earlier.

the reason why i put the conversation with the dealer on the forum is that he was so definitive ...i think it went beyond a sales pitch.

The dealers word won't get you a cup of coffee. I spoke with an engineer this weekend who has worked on the Ford GT and GT500 projects for years. He is a member of a family that I have known for many years. There is no secret here. Plain and simple. There will be an 09 GT500. Tell the dealer to save his 2 year contract crap for the next chump.

All good and dandy, and I am not disagreeing, but the fat lady has not sung yet! There is a lot of stuff going on, a lot of press about Ford over badging the Mustang, and causing diluted value. Ford can pull the plug at any time, as well go on with it till 2020 if they want. However, nothing in print just yet, thus not a correct answer. Little birds, rumors, inside guys, all well and dandy, but I guess we will all have to wait for the official and ONLY answer when it comes from Ford's mouth!

Archived