TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 vert results with JLT/tune/2.6 pulley/SLP loudmouths

BlackVert

Well, I finally have some numbers to throw around: 544 hp and 546 tq. Took my 07 Ebony vert with JLT/2.6/SLP loudmouths, loaded with Evo's latest 93 tune to a local dyno- Joey at Excessive Autosports (read about him in the latest 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords):

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredv...obra/index.html

First 2 baseline runs were 531 and 528 hp, and mixture readings were "off the chart" rich all across the board. No wonder my exhaust tips were always so quickly coated in oily soot. Joey said that often in order to make decent power, safely, these mail-order tunes have the timing jacked way up, but dump in extra fuel to richen things up and keep it relatively safe. This sound about right to you folks? Made sense to me, but what do I know?....

Anyway, car runs great (I was happy with it before, but does seem to perform a lot crisper now, and 2nd gear traction is a joke). I am very pleased with the performance- for now :shades:

I would love to take it to the nearest strip and click off an 11-sec pass, but perhaps should get some stickier tires first! Love those new 3.73s...

post-8981-1191986511_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1191986511_thumb.jpg

Just a couple of pics of the girls sitting in the garage...

I was brought home from the hospital in the Charger almost 33 years ago (at birth)

post-8981-1191987123_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1191987131_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1191987123_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1191987131_thumb.jpg

Well, I finally have some numbers to throw around: 544 hp and 546 tq. Took my 07 Ebony vert with JLT/2.6/SLP loudmouths, loaded with Evo's latest 93 tune to a local dyno- Joey at Excessive Autosports (read about him in the latest 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords):

First 2 baseline runs were 531 and 528 hp, and mixture readings were "off the chart" rich all across the board. No wonder my exhaust tips were always so quickly coated in oily soot. Joey said that often in order to make decent power, safely, these mail-order tunes have the timing jacked way up, but dump in extra fuel to richen things up and keep it relatively safe. This sound about right to you folks? Made sense to me, but what do I know?....

Anyway, car runs great (I was happy with it before, but does seem to perform a lot crisper now, and 2nd gear is a joke). I am very pleased with the performance- for now :shades:

I would love to take it to the nearest strip and click off an 11-sec pass, but perhaps should get some stickier tires first! Love those new 3.73s...

Nice results! What a nice tune!!

I see this guy w/the shades is quickly becoming our little inside joke! :hysterical2:

"I have no plans for a ______ at this time!" :hysterical:

I smell something fishy. :hysterical2:

Yes, that has become my patent cryptic reply to my wife, when she asks with concern if I have let go the idea of a whipple upgrade...

I'll have to share the comment about the Charger ride inducing labor to my dad; he'll love that!

If you get a custom dyno tune you could probably bring the air fuel ratio a little closer to 11.5 : 1

instead of 9.5 : 1 (or less) That would actually help with horsepower and your stained exhaust tips.

and you could remove some of that timing and still make more power, as we saw here, in this case.

Archived