TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Revised SVT Certificates are being Made

Grabber

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The color of your car will be stated on your certificate just like the order guide has it spelled out.

Please note, it is not me keeping them in line. It's SVT keeping in touch with their valued customers. :)

:redcard:

We know it's you.

Just don't push too hard or you'll get a restraining order. :hysterical2:

While they're at it, will they be fixing the grammar in the first sentence of the certificate? Shouldn't it say "The Ford Performance Group and Ford Special Vehicle Team" certify ... instead of certifies?

Or is "The Ford Performance Group and Ford Special Vehicle Team" a single entity?

Just wondering.

<lol> I think you're correct! ;-)

Then again, maybe it matters whether they are certifying separately (certify) or collectively (certifies). :hysterical:

I.e. A & B (separately) certify (as you said) --vs-- A+B (collectively) certifies (i.e. two organizations in the same corporation collectively certifying).

This is too complicated -- I'm going to have dinner :hysterical:

---

Btw, should we ask for stripe-color data too (back, BACK! ...just kidding! <lol>).

The color of your car will be stated on your certificate just like the order guide has it spelled out.

Please note, it is not me keeping them in line. It's SVT keeping in touch with their valued customers. :)

Grabber,

Just asking...will they be putting or did you ask them to put Carroll Shelby's name at the top of the certificate as a contributor to the build. They stated it in the letter but why not the certificate (which matters at least to me since I bought a Ford SVT Shelby). Don't you think for the present and future that this might be as important as listing the exact color name.

So what about us with the fastest color, Performance White? Will we get a second certificate? Why should we be punished just because they got it right on ours? I WANT 2 CERTIFICATES LIKE THE ORANGE GUYS!!!!

Wildcat ,

Not to worry, the Performance White owners are going to get Carroll's name listed at the top of the certificate as being part of the build...said so in the cover letter...so why not up there with the other two, in nice big letters?

Correct color names based on the 2007 order guide:

Torch Red Clearcoat (window stickers say Torch Red Clearcoat)

Alloy Clearcoat Metallic (window stickers say Alloy Clearcoat Metallic)

Vista Blue Clearcoat (window stickers say Vista Blue)

Performance White Clearcoat (window stickers say Performance White Clearcoat)

Tungsten Grey Clearcoat (window stickers say Tungsten Grey)

Grabber Orange (window stickers say Grabber Orange Clearcoat)

Ebony Clearcoat (window stickers say Black Clearcoat)

========================

Of course they should include the stripe color as well since some have different colors.

Mine would then read:

Vista Blue Clearcoat with Performance White Racing Stripes

Yes, 2 certificates for the price of one :hysterical2: Seriously, I hope we do get another :)

Thanks to those that set SVT on the right path!

Yes thanks to Grabber for setting SVTon the right path and thank you SVT for listening...but the JOB IS ONLY HALF DONE...WE WOULD LIKE CARROLL SHELBY'S NAME TO BE LISTED AT THE TOP OF THE CERTIFICATE NEXT TO SVT CERTIFYING THIS BUILD.

Grabber,

Just asking...will they be putting or did you ask them to put Carroll Shelby's name at the top of the certificate as a contributor to the build. They stated it in the letter but why not the certificate (which matters at least to me since I bought a Ford SVT Shelby). Don't you think for the present and future that this might be as important as listing the exact color name.

Rip,

If you remember the reason the certificates were delayed for 3 weeks was because the design of the certificate had to be agreed upon by Ford, SVT, and SAI. I am sure they had many meetings on this and legal input. That part of the certificate was locked down on stone during those meetings and agreements.

I did not inquire about changing that part of the certificate, and as I said before the Certificates 2nd name on the very top is SHELBY and that speaks for itself IMO.

========================

Of course they should include the stripe color as well since some have different colors.

Mine would then read:

SD,

Very good point...this along with Carroll Shelby's name at the top of the certificate would be terrific!

Rip,

If you remember the reason the certificates were delayed for 3 weeks was because the design of the certificate had to be agreed upon by Ford, SVT, and SAI. I am sure they had many meetings on this and legal input. That part of the certificate was locked down on stone during those meetings and agreements.

I did not inquire about changing that part of the certificate, and as I said before the Certificates 2nd name on the very top is SHELBY and that speaks for itself IMO.

You're right...it doesn't hurt to ask though. Thanks again for making the connection with SVT!

SD,

Very good point...this along with Carroll Shelby's name at the top of the certificate would be terrific!

His name is at the top of the certificate. Right after Ford is says

:happy feet: SHELBY :happy feet:

SEE THE 2nd WORD :rant:

BuildnumbersGT500001.jpg

Yes thanks to Grabber for setting SVTon the right path and thank you SVT for listening...but the JOB IS ONLY HALF DONE...WE WOULD LIKE CARROLL SHELBY'S NAME TO BE LISTED AT THE TOP OF THE CERTIFICATE NEXT TO SVT CERTIFYING THIS BUILD.

Why would this ever happen? CS/SAI didn't build the car -- it was built under the auspices of Ford. How, conceivably, could CS certify information about the build of these cars? His name properly appears at the bottom since he, along with Ford/SVT... was involved with determining what the car is (to some extent) and it bears his name, but no part of the car was built by SAI/CS. Would it not be a blatant lie for the certificate to state x, y and CS certify....? Or does that not matter somehow?

<sheesh> :hysterical:

Rip,

Grabber, you're right and thanks again for GETTING THE JOB DONE!

But you have to ask yourself why SAI doesn't want us to have Carroll's name on the build certificate. It's in the cover letter. Could it be about MONEY?????? All this time I thought Amy loved us all :cry:

========================

Mine would then read:

Never noticed the inconsistancies in the description of the colors. Especially the differences between the colors. Since they are all clearcoated. Also Vista Blue is a metallic paint and in at least one document, perhaps sales literature, I have seen it spelled out as "Vista Blue Clearcoat Metallic with Tungsten Metallic Racing Stripes"

Also were the Tungsten stripes the only ones that are metallic? I know the white and black stripes are not, what about alloy and blue stripes?

I spoke with a very nice SVT engineer today about our certificates in regards to the color designations currently in place. After chatting about it, he told me they would be having a meeting this week about it. Well, 15 minutes later he called me back and gave me the good news.

Revised certificates will be produced and sent out very soon. Most likely torwards the end of the week. They understand how importand this is to us, and are going to correct it. I want to personally thank them for listening to us and doing this for us.

Rob / Grabber

What are we going to do with all the lamanated copies of the now old certificates? Sheesh. :stirpot:

What are we going to do with all the lamanated copies of the now old certificates? Sheesh. :stirpot:

My original Certificate is going to be worth a mint someday. Just like when the Gov. mints a few coins or stamps with a error in them, look at how much those are worth. :happy feet:

Archived