TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought my Shelby!

SteelSteeds

It's been a very long time coming, but last night I bought the GT 500 I wanted, because my local dealer just happened to get exactly the car I would have ordered: Alloy/silver stripes, charcoal interior with every option including Shaker 1000, HID, ambient lighting, interior upgrade, Sirius, and the car cover. I hadn't figured on ordering Sirius, to avoid the bump on the trunk, but I'll probably enjoy it, so I guess I'll put up with the bump. :D

I'm so excited I couldn't sleep. I'm leaving soon to drive, as we have a little sun right now. Pictures to come later!

Thanks to all of you who have listened to me pine away for this car. Even though I didn't have to suffer through the ordering process like a lot of you, the waiting pangs have been severe over the last several years. Dream has come true! Let the mods begin....

:superhero:

:banvictory:

Edit: Gee, I'm so excited I even posted in the wrong forum... Doh! Doesn't look like I have the power to move it though.......

It's been a very long time coming, but last night I bought the GT 500 I wanted, because my local dealer just happened to get exactly the car I would have ordered: Alloy/silver stripes, charcoal interior with every option including Shaker 1000, HID, ambient lighting, interior upgrade, Sirius, and the car cover. I hadn't figured on ordering Sirius, to avoid the bump on the trunk, but I'll probably enjoy it, so I guess I'll put up with the bump. :D

I'm so excited I couldn't sleep. I'm leaving soon to drive, as we have a little sun right now. Pictures to come later!

Thanks to all of you who have listened to me pine away for this car. Even though I didn't have to suffer through the ordering process like a lot of you, the waiting pangs have been severe over the last several years. Dream has come true! Let the mods begin....

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

AWESOME

GOOD FOR YOU

YOU"RE GONNA LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!

Lance,

I am very happy for you. I am also excited to have another member that has a GT500 that lives just a few miles away. I am looking out my window for that sun you speak of. :huh: Not seeing it....yet.

Black clouds :cry: wet streets :baby:

I would love to go for a ride today if the streets dry up. I e-mailed you my cell number.

Edit: I moved it to the 2008 GT500 forum. We don't have a 2008 arrival forum for some reason!

Edit: Gee, I'm so excited I even posted in the wrong forum... Doh! Doesn't look like I have the power to move it though.......

Congrats!!!! :happy feet:

I know how it was...I bet I walked out in the garage about 4 times that night...all night long...and still do every now and then.

Sounds like you got a great car...

Now wait until you cruise a Sonic....you should enjoy seeing how many cell phones fly open and pics taken...that's always fun.

:happy feet: I think it's cool that an Alloy guy likes to run with an Grabber Orange Avitar! :happy feet:

Deep.....deep down inside he yurns for GRABBER ORANGE :hysterical2:

:hysterical2:

I was thinking the same thing. GO avitar, Alloy car. What's going on here? :waiting:

I just got off the phone with Steel Steeds. He has 24 miles on his new Shelby GT500 and is having lunch with his brother not to far away from my house. It's 2pm here, and I expect him to be rolling up in my driveway in about 1/2 hour or so.

I am going to have to get some video and photos of his new Shelby. Maybe even a GO and Alloy photo shoot. :happy feet:

I just got off the phone with Steel Steeds. He has 24 miles on his new Shelby GT500 and is having lunch with his brother not to far away from my house. It's 2pm here, and I expect him to be rolling up in my driveway in about 1/2 hour or so.

I am going to have to get some video and photos of his new Shelby. Maybe even a GO and Alloy photo shoot. :happy feet:

Sweet... HAVE FUN !!!! Make sure he doesn't try to switch cars with you and take the GO home with him.. :hysterical2:

Lance,

I am very happy for you. I am also excited to have another member that has a GT500 that lives just a few miles away. I am looking out my window for that sun you speak of. :huh: Not seeing it....yet.

Black clouds :cry: wet streets :baby:

I would love to go for a ride today if the streets dry up. I e-mailed you my cell number.

Edit: I moved it to the 2008 GT500 forum. We don't have a 2008 arrival forum for some reason!

CONGRATULATIONS SteelSteeds :party2: This car will bring a smile to your face every time you drive it!!!

So I live in the Portland area also, and I looked at the wet streets and went for a drive anyway :titanic::shrug:

So SteelSteeds in Portland and Grabber in Washington are you going to stick it out with no front plate? My son just got a ticket in his SVT Focus in Washington for driving his Oregon car there for no front plate. :angry2: even though special interest cars in Oregon are not supposed to need a front plate.

CONGRATULATIONS SteelSteeds :party2: This car will bring a smile to your face every time you drive it!!!

So I live in the Portland area also, and I looked at the wet streets and went for a drive anyway :titanic::shrug:

So SteelSteeds in Portland and Grabber in Washington are you going to stick it out with no front plate? My son just got a ticket in his SVT Focus in Washington for driving his Oregon car there for no front plate. :angry2: even though special interest cars in Oregon are not supposed to need a front plate.

The streets are still dry here, and it's daylight. :happy feet: Steel Steeds just left. He has a huge smile on his face. As you can see he joined the site in 2005 and has been waiting for the right time to get his car for 2 years. Lance is a very happy guy right now.

I am downloading some video's of his car right now. :shift:

What is stuck on his Trunk? I think he has junk on trunk? Tell me it's not a dealer marker.

Yup, that's the dealer sticker. Won't be there long....

Rob, thanks again for a great afternoon. Not only does this guy really know his stuff, but you won't find a nicer Shelby nut on the planet. He gave me a Shelby hat, and sold me some very slightly used Cobra floor mats at a ridiculous discount. On top of all that he's a wealth of information on what to do, not do, and think about for my car. Thanks also for posting the videos, I'll have to send that to my out of state friends!

Here's another picture from today:

post-2623-1191833521_thumb.jpg

And yeah, yeah, I know all about the avatar. It will get changed soon enough. I haven't changed it since 2005! Back then I was leaning toward GO, but over time my tastes.... refined. :finger:

I knew it was either going to be Alloy with Silver, or Red with Black. My wife cast a strong vote for Alloy, so that was my destiny. And here I am!

Right now my 1 month old daughter is demanding my attention. She's been keeping me from spending much time here, but that's okay. I have a picture of her in the car that I'll post later.

Oh yeah, and I was driving my GT 500 in a torrential downpour on the way home. It didn't melt!! :hysterical2:

Yup, that's the dealer sticker. Won't be there long....

Rob, thanks again for a great afternoon. Not only does this guy really know his stuff, but you won't find a nicer Shelby nut on the planet. He gave me a Shelby hat, and sold me some very slightly used Cobra floor mats at a ridiculous discount. On top of all that he's a wealth of information on what to do, not do, and think about for my car. Thanks also for posting the videos, I'll have to send that to my out of state friends!

Here's another picture from today:

And yeah, yeah, I know all about the avatar. It will get changed soon enough. I haven't changed it since 2005! Back then I was leaning toward GO, but over time my tastes.... refined. :finger:

I knew it was either going to be Alloy with Silver, or Red with Black. My wife cast a strong vote for Alloy, so that was my destiny. And here I am!

Right now my 1 month old daughter is demanding my attention. She's been keeping me from spending much time here, but that's okay. I have a picture of her in the car that I'll post later.

Oh yeah, and I was driving my GT 500 in a torrential downpour on the way home. It didn't melt!! :hysterical2:

Great looking car!

love the pictures!

Is there anything on the '08 car when side by side with an '07 car that stands out as different?

or are they exactly the same?

--Russ

They are the same side by side. He has the HID headlight option and the interior ambiant lighting package. Very cool options IMO. Those are 2008 options.

Lance, congrats! As much as the bright colors, like Rob's GO, pops and begs for attention; I really love how the alloy grey is just so sinister and stealthy. Of course, that's a biased opinion coming from another alloy grey owner.

So cool that you finally have that Shelby! Drive it hard, but keep it between the lines (got a little one at home counting on you to drive safe!).

Congrats on the car and good luck with her she looks great!

Archived