TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 KR

frydguy79

OK guys - JUST TODAY i heard from somebody with FORD with some knowledge on how Final alotment will take place.

And here is what i was told :censored: it will take place in 08 and coincide with SOMEBODY"S BIRTHDAY Event in January :dreamy:

and their role is a somewhat important :censored: in this car!! :censored:

AND production will start in FEB with 10% made and 45% made in MAR and 45% in APRIL with possible delivery in now MAY -JUNE

and NO Dealer should win more than once. :waiting:

COULD THAT DATE BE JANYARY 11TH ??? CUZ MR CARROLL WAS BORN 1/11/1923

OK guys - JUST TODAY i heard from somebody with FORD with some knowledge on how Final alotment will take place.

And here is what was told :censored: it will take place in 08 and coincide with SOMEBODY"S BIRTHDAY Event in January :dreamy:

and their role is a somewhat important :censored: in this car!! :censored:

AND production will start in FEB with 10% made and 45% made in MAR and 45% in APRIL with possible delivery in now MAY -JUNE

and NO Dealer should win more than once. :waiting:

what a story carroll's birthday 01/11/23 and barrett-jacksons auction 01/12/08/ 01/20/08

what a birthday celebration for mr shelby and the kr shelby.............my local dealer told me I was

mumber one on the list for the kr,if and only if the dealer principal doesnot take it.......should I be

optimistic......they also want me to put a deposit on a 500 with the deposit going towards the kr

if I get it,otherwise it goes towards a 500.....but my birthday is next week and if i order a 500 now

it will arrive around december,january way before the kr is built........ I think hold out,which is tough to

do knowing there giving me a great deal and on top of that I took my neighbor there two weeks ago

and he ordered a 500 ragtop with only 4 left in their allotment....your opinion shelby50th

what a story carroll's birthday 01/11/23 and barrett-jacksons auction 01/12/08/ 01/20/08

what a birthday celebration for mr shelby and the kr shelby.............my local dealer told me I was

mumber one on the list for the kr,if and only if the dealer principal doesnot take it.......should I be

optimistic......they also want me to put a deposit on a 500 with the deposit going towards the kr

if I get it,otherwise it goes towards a 500.....but my birthday is next week and if i order a 500 now

it will arrive around december,january way before the kr is built........ I think hold out,which is tough to

do knowing there giving me a great deal and on top of that I took my neighbor there two weeks ago

and he ordered a 500 ragtop with only 4 left in their allotment....your opinion shelby50th

Shelby50th --

How about agreeing with the dealer to spec a GT500 the way you want (and in a way the dealer can live with to sell to someone else). Have the dealer place the order at a time when it would arrive at the dealership AFTER KR allocations are known. This way, when the GT500 arrives, you'll know whether or not a KR is in your future. If the KR is a go, order that. If the KR is not a reality, the GT500 is yours!! Just don't have the GT500 arrive before KR allocations are known. This way, you can't lose!

Shelby50th --

How about agreeing with the dealer to spec a GT500 the way you want (and in a way the dealer can live with to sell to someone else). Have the dealer place the order at a time when it would arrive at the dealership AFTER KR allocations are known. This way, when the GT500 arrives, you'll know whether or not a KR is in your future. If the KR is a go, order that. If the KR is not a reality, the GT500 is yours!! Just don't have the GT500 arrive before KR allocations are known. This way, you can't lose!

You can bet the dealer principal will take the KR. I approached a company Ford dealer here in St Louis months after I purchased my Limited edition GT500 with Red Stripe from them; they are the largest Ford dealer in the state of

Missouri and received and sold more GT500s than any other Missouri dealer. On the KR, they were very frank about the matter, ensuring me they will be getting 1 KR unit , but the General Managerhas told me he will most likely purchase the car himself. This is what they did with the first GT500 shipments they received in early in 07, now 1 or 2 of the 500s are back on the showroom floor for sale. Although it wasn't driven much(not many miles), the GM still tucked it away until they got more 500s and then he turned it loose. You can bet this Bullsh** wil occur elsewhere. Go for the 500 and play it safe.

Its all a gamble...you hold the dice.

ItalianStallion

You can bet the dealer principal will take the KR. I approached a company Ford dealer here in St Louis months after I purchased my Limited edition GT500 with Red Stripe from them; they are the largest Ford dealer in the state of

Missouri and received and sold more GT500s than any other Missouri dealer. On the KR, they were very frank about the matter, ensuring me they will be getting 1 KR unit , but the General Managerhas told me he will most likely purchase the car himself. This is what they did with the first GT500 shipments they received in early in 07, now 1 or 2 of the 500s are back on the showroom floor for sale. Although it wasn't driven much(not many miles), the GM still tucked it away until they got more 500s and then he turned it loose. You can bet this Bullsh** wil occur elsewhere. Go for the 500 and play it safe.

Its all a gamble...you hold the dice.

ItalianStallion

Would that be Machens Ford? Are you in Columbia?

Probably Sunset Ford .....

kr or 500 ,

regarding both cars,neither one comes with the center gauges[3]and the 500 doesn't come with a

dash plate with the vin and other information.upon ordering my car can I have these installed at

the plant befor receiving my car.......

shelby50th

• 2 months later...
kr or 500 ,

regarding both cars,neither one comes with the center gauges[3]and the 500 doesn't come with a

dash plate with the vin and other information.upon ordering my car can I have these installed at

the plant befor receiving my car.......

shelby50th

You can purchase them from Shelby on their website. I don't even have my car yet, but I have the VIN and that is all you need to order the dash plate. Here is the link for you: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...late%20kit.aspx

Hope this helps!

Scott

Archived