TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Curb Rash

mark8855

Well, after a couple of close calls in the past few months, my luck finally ran out, and I'm now the proud owner of one scraped up wheel.

Does anyone know how to fix this type of damage? Do you know any place I could go to get it fixed?

edit: also, where is the cheapest place to simply order a new rim? I may end up just going that route.

Well, after a couple of close calls in the past few months, my luck finally ran out, and I'm now the proud owner of one scraped up wheel.

Does anyone know how to fix this type of damage? Do you know any place I could go to get it fixed?

I have seen a mobile rim repair guy over here in Oregon. You should google it it your state.

I have seen a mobile rim repair guy over here in Oregon. You should google it it your state.

I did this too a while back. I talked to people at tire stores and they had places they could send it as it was just cosmetic. I ended up buying a new rim which then led to a band and sensor too. I would say try talking to local tire stores but the time factor is what killed me so i just paid to keep driving.

good luck

I did this too a while back. I talked to people at tire stores and they had places they could send it as it was just cosmetic. I ended up buying a new rim which then led to a band and sensor too. I would say try talking to local tire stores but the time factor is what killed me so i just paid to keep driving.

good luck

Mine is just cosmetic, too. I found a place that'll fix it for ~$125. How much was your new rim setup, and where did you get it? Why did you need a new band and sensor?

Archived