TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Convertable boot question

Joe G

Thanks. I called SVT this morning. A guy by the name of John answered. Nice guy. He's pretty sure it's supposed to come with it; but like everybody else, there's no written confirmation anywhere. He's checking on it and will get back to me. I'll keep you all posted.

Lets see if this post OK.

This is the spec's on your car and appears to show it came with a conv. boot cover.

ROOF - CONVERTIBLE BOOT - ROOF COVER

CHRAB CONVERTIBLE BOOT-ROOF CVR

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets see if this post OK.

This is the spec's on your car and appears to show it came with a conv. boot cover.

ROOF - CONVERTIBLE BOOT - ROOF COVER

CHRAB CONVERTIBLE BOOT-ROOF CVR

Thanks once again, ShelbyDude. After waiting 4 days without an answer, I called the Ford customer relations number. He didn't know if it came with a boot either. He put me on hold, and then got back on the phone and stated that he had called the dealer and the sales manager has confirmed that I should of gotten a boot. They have ordered me one and it's now documented with customer relations that I'm owed one. I haven't heard that directly from the dealer yet, though. I don't feel they're trying to cheat me out of it. The documentation from Ford is poor and the dealer just doesn't know if it does or doesn't.

Thanks again for everybodies help. Next, I'll ask about wheel hop problems and how to cure them! :hysterical:

It looks like they may be included in the GT500 (as is a nice car cover), but I infer that the GT does not include one since I've seen some cars explicitly include one in the order sheet. It's a $160 option.

Tony, you are absolutely correct. And that is where the confusion starts. It's listed as an option for the V6 and Gt cars. It's not listed at all under available options for the GT500 or under standard equipment either for that matter!

Tony, you are absolutely correct. And that is where the confusion starts. It's listed as an option for the V6 and Gt cars. It's not listed at all under available options for the GT500 or under standard equipment either for that matter!

Yep!

Glad you're getting things worked out.

:happy feet:

I got my boot ordered today. It took me the "special" route to get it but it is a done deal and on the way.

Thank you very much to those who have helped me on this issue. It is the same item that is optional for the Mustang GT but it is 100% STANDARD for the GT500 vert.

I got my boot ordered today. It took me the "special" route to get it but it is a done deal and on the way.

Thank you very much to those who have helped me on this issue. It is the same item that is optional for the Mustang GT but it is 100% STANDARD for the GT500 vert.

That's good news - too bad you had to bring out the big guns like I did. :banghead:

Amazing that Ford can't get this right - 2 model years now. I know it's not with every vert, but one is too much. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have even KNOWN that I was SUPPOSED TO get one and would have probably had to buy it.

Wonder how many owners, who aren't on forums like this, are missing one and had to buy it too?? :doh:

I got the boot, but some say they received the car cover as well. It must have been an option, and an option that wasn't available (as all others) when mine was built.

I got the boot, but some say they received the car cover as well. It must have been an option, and an option that wasn't available (as all others) when mine was built.

the car cover was listed as an option (on the sticker) on my car.

Archived