TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's on the truck!

SuperSnake08

:headspin: Got the call today from my transport guy, mt GT500 is on the truck and heading home. He said it was beautiful and had under 7miles on it. The dealer put the DORA and Vehicle transport documents in the car and left the stickers on the window for me to remove.

I had a company called Garage Makeovers organize my garage and create 120 sq ft of additional storage out of the existing space so that I have room for my new baby. This also eliminated some of the hazards that too many rakes and shovels present to a nice new paint job.

I should have the car late Friday or Saturday. And yes, pix will follow!

Man that's awesome!! :happy feet:

I just ordered mine yesterday so I have quite a wait ahead of me.

Ditto on the request for the garage pics. As soon as I hit send on this I am heading out to my garage to see what kind of rearranging I can do to make room for my Shelby when it shows up.

Congrats again!

Scott

Man that's awesome!! :happy feet:

I just ordered mine yesterday so I have quite a wait ahead of me.

Ditto on the request for the garage pics. As soon as I hit send on this I am heading out to my garage to see what kind of rearranging I can do to make room for my Shelby when it shows up.

Congrats again!

Scott

Thanks guys. I will have the car tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately the thunderstorms this weekend look like they are here to stay.

Regarding the storage issue: In South Florida there are no basements so storage is always a problem. We also have to have generators and powerwashers for post hurricane periods etc. all of which consume space. I had overhead units installed that are mounted directly into the beams with 8 lag bolts. The units are 4 and 5 ft long by 4 ft deep and they can run in series or placed in corners etc. I was able to pick up about 360 cubic feet of storage by using what otherwise was simply dead space. The units are rated between 250-350lbs. per 4 ft or 5 ft section so there is no risk of vehicle damage like ther was when all this crap was stacked in my garage. I also put in a "slot wall" to hold shovels, rakes etc which is real nice. I would still prefer a nice empty garage but that is not an option for me. At least most items are off the floor and things are neatly arranged so I don't do anymore headlong forward dives with tools in hand. I will get photos up of the car and the garage mods.

Archived