TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone get a GT500 without the upgraded trim option?

EXPcustom

I am reposting this because the original was deleted.

Does anyone have a gt500 without the upgraded interior trim package, the dealer paperwork said 50% should have this options but I have yet to see one without it.

Also any other one off options make it out there like tan interior. I know a few of the Shelby GTs had tan interior, or any other weird one off options make it out there?

Does anyone have a gt500 without the upgraded interior trim package, the dealer paperwork said 50% should have this options but I have yet to see one without it.

Also any other one off options make it out there like tan interior. I know a few of the Shelby GTs had tan interior, or any other weird one off options make it out there?

I have the reg. trim . No leather dash or arm rest or consol or compass.

I added the nicer foot pedals.

Here's the non leather dash:

Radardetector022.jpg

I have the reg. trim . No leather dash or arm rest or consol or compass.

I added the nicer foot pedals.

Here's the non leather dash:

Radardetector022.jpg

I remember reading that to save weight on the slower colors(Grabber Orange) so they were as fast as the others(Tungsten) they would remove the upgraded interior trim :hysterical:

Seriously though do you have any more pics of your interior, I am intrested in the console mentioned also do you have My Color option?

I have looked at a ton of GT500s and never seen one without the upgraded interior this is probably pretty rare.

I remember reading that to save weight on the slower colors(Grabber Orange) so they were as fast as the others(Tungsten) they would remove the upgraded interior trim :hysterical:

Seriously though do you have any more pics of your interior, I am intrested in the console mentioned also do you have My Color option?

I have looked at a ton of GT500s and never seen one without the upgraded interior this is probably pretty rare.

I have the my color option. They all have that.

I will get you a short vid of my interior tomorrow.

All I have is this seat photo. They are the same.

MatsShelby012.jpg

You could not order the GT500 in any other interior color. The only color was Dark Charcoal and Dark Charcoal with Red inserts.

The Shelby GT has some with tan because that is a regular GT Mustang that could be ordered with tan.

You can order the Ford GT500 pedal covers from Moss Motors for $99.95. Ford wants way more for them.

Here's mine:

MyMods7-5-07015.jpg

I'd like to put the gauge cluster on the dash

has anyone installed that with the lether dash?

Here is the video of the interior that I told you I would get you. And yes, my color is standard.

th_Oct072007-VID00004.jpg

I don't know this for a fact but I was told that SN95 Cobras could be ordered with a cloth interior when the standard was leather/vinyl. Do some people have allergic reactions to vinyl?

Just wondering if that was true if it carried over to the Shelby.

Thanks for the video grabber.

I wonder if any one off options will surface in the years to come.

One thing I really want is a convertible hardtop that would be awesome like the 95 cobras.

I got a PM tonight from a member that was wondering if there were any other Grabber Orange Coupes with standard interior. There was only 282 made, so he suggested that I might have a one of a kind car, because most people ordered the upgraded interior. Time will tell. Most likely no way to track that kind of order.

Why would you order it without the leather?

Does it save any weight?

The only difference is the dash and armrest covers on the leather.

No weight difference.

My dealer messed my order up when I changed my color to GO and deleted the Leather covers. :banghead:

Dealer------> :finger:

I am over it now. :)

The only difference is the dash and armrest covers on the leather.

No weight difference.

My dealer messed my order up when I changed my color to GO and deleted the Leather covers. :banghead:

Dealer------> :finger:

I am over it now. :)

You need the dash gauge cluster for it now

that's bad ass IMO

Interesting question. I wondered the same. You can be sure that all GT500's ordered for dealer stock came with the interior upgrade, Sirius, and either the Shaker 1000 or Nav so they could maximize profit. Ford should make the interior upgrade package standard for all future GT500's and just put it in the price of the car. If it makes you all feel any better, there is about a $3000 premium to get the leather dash/door panel upgrade on the Corvettes. Ford only charges 20% of that.

Archived