TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Conversion

Per John Walker at SAI, it will take 2-3 weeks.

I would think this is a conservative estimate for those on the first part of the list. SAI, as a practical matter, is at terminal velocity. Right now, their work load is 2 40th Anniversary conversions a day plus the other in house work, i.e., KR and Shelby GT. They have completed approximately 30 40th's and assuming they have 300 to convert, it will be three months before they get through that project. They are still working on the 725 Blower issue and cannot quote a price or timeframe of when that will be available for either 40th or SS. They still don't have the 3.73 gear issue worked out and that is standard on the SS. They are still behind the wave and I suspect it will be well into 08 before they are back on top. All in due time.

2 - 3 weeks???

No way really???

That's a long time... wonder why so long.

Ideally, your appointment should be 2-3 weeks out from the time that you call for the appointment, once things are spooled up and under 'status quo' operation.

The actual conversion should take 3-4 days, depending on work flow of the shop. The 2-3 week period allows the Mod Shop to order the kit and schedule in a time when they can focus expressly on your car.

I think that you may have possibly misinterpreted his statement. No biggie...

Hope this helps!

~Chris

Ideally, your appointment should be 2-3 weeks out from the time that you call for the appointment, once things are spooled up and under 'status quo' operation.

The actual conversion should take 3-4 days, depending on work flow of the shop. The 2-3 week period allows the Mod Shop to order the kit and schedule in a time when they can focus expressly on your car.

I think that you may have possibly misinterpreted his statement. No biggie...

Hope this helps!

~Chris

So Chris your saying that the conversion will only take 3-4 days and we have 2-3 weeks to make arrangements to get the car there on a specific day....Reg

So Chris your saying that the conversion will only take 3-4 days and we have 2-3 weeks to make arrangements to get the car there on a specific day....Reg

That is the way we want to work it. Then the package will be shipped on the coordinated date for a specific car. So, the package will be shipped for a 'named' car-- Jim Smith's car, for example. Of course, the flow of Supersnake and 40th Anniversary builds will depend on the volume and capacity of each shop. Hope this helps!

Chris

That is the way we want to work it. Then the package will be shipped on the coordinated date for a specific car. So, the package will be shipped for a 'named' car-- Jim Smith's car, for example. Of course, the flow of Supersnake and 40th Anniversary builds will depend on the volume and capacity of each shop. Hope this helps!

Chris

Is there any reason to call to get on the list at the Vegas facility? I assume they are going to call and schedule in order of deposits received or is it by the sequence # we were given prior to mailing off the deposit? Are the '07's going to be processed before the '08's?.....seems to me it would be a fairer way to go by scheduling the guy's who sent their $$$ in first no matter what year car they have...what are your thoughts?... Reg

Is there any reason to call to get on the list at the Vegas facility? I assume they are going to call and schedule in order of deposits received or is it by the sequence # we were given prior to mailing off the deposit? Are the '07's going to be processed before the '08's?.....seems to me it would be a fairer way to go by scheduling the guy's who sent their $$$ in first no matter what year car they have...what are your thoughts?... Reg

You can either call LV direct or call the local Mod shop. General rule would be to schedule the conversions in the order they are taken. BUT: I would assume that if they call a customer and he wants it done in 1 month, they would call the next customer on the list to schedule it before that call.

This would not effect your assigned Shelby#, but you cannot expect a shop to stop and wait until you are ready, if you are the source of delay.

'07s and '08s can be built in any order, so yes, they should be built- as a general rule- in order of deposit.

Archived