TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Battery Chargers

emailcm

I've heard that there can be a big difference is battery chargers. That there's a lot going on when a car battery gets re-charged. Anyone know of the best (set it and forget it) type that won't damage the battery and doesn't require any tinkering on my end?

Are you talking a maintaining charge or to charge when a battery is already weak?

IE: one to keep on in storage, or one to recharge when weakened?

one to maintain the battery in storage. I travel a lot and have had the battery go dead a couple times.

I used to go through a battery about every other year on my 68 Mustang. Just didn't use it enough during the driving season and then it would die over the winter, even with a charger on it.

Began using this a few years ago... http://www.thebatteryminder.com/12v133abat...e9a4aac456f16d3

Haven't had a problem since. It works great, especially if you go a while without driving. Won't harm the battery like many other chargers.

Reasonably priced and works as advertised. Order on the web or I found it on sale at my local battery store.

Since?

Does this mean you still have the 68?

Did I miss something? Like pics?

:hyper:

Using this for 3 years - battery is as good as new, unlike previously.

Still have the 68 - need to replace the fuel pump, so haven't driven it much this summer.

Posted a bunch of pics of it before.

Archived