TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Close Call on Shelby Order

I received a call Saturday from one of the owners at the dealership where I ordered my Shelby. He called to inform me that the dealership had been sold and the new owners would take over on 10/8. He also told me that he couldn't guarantee they would deliver the Sheby as promised. He told me that he tried to protect my VIN and have all the paperwork ready so that they had to deliver the car but he was not able to pull it off.

As I sat there in shock he proceeded to tell me that he really did not want this to happen so he would have a car at the dealership for me on Monday. Before he called me he found another '08 here in NC that he bought from that dealership so that he could deliver as promised. I will take delivery of my '08 Shelby either Monday or Tuesday. :happy feet: :happy feet:

The car is just like I ordered except it has the Sirius sat radio and it does not have the car cover. I am not crazy about the sat antenna on the trunk but under the circumstances I won't complain. I will post pics once I have the car.

I received a call Saturday from one of the owners at the dealership where I ordered my Shelby. He called to inform me that the dealership had been sold and the new owners would take over on 10/8. He also told me that he couldn't guarantee they would deliver the Sheby as promised. He told me that he tried to protect my VIN and have all the paperwork ready so that they had to deliver the car but he was not able to pull it off.

As I sat there in shock he proceeded to tell me that he really did not want this to happen so he would have a car at the dealership for me on Monday. Before he called me he found another '08 here in NC that he bought from that dealership so that he could deliver as promised. I will take delivery of my '08 Shelby either Monday or Tuesday. :happy feet: :happy feet:

The car is just like I ordered except it has the Sirius sat radio and it does not have the car cover. I am not crazy about the sat antenna on the trunk but under the circumstances I won't complain. I will post pics once I have the car.

NCStangFanatic,

Glad it worked out for you sounds like your old dealership was upstanding, don't think too may would try to protect their customers like that!!! So congrat's and enjoy your ride, don't forget to post pic's!!

Mike

The owner sounds like a stand-up guy! Congrats on the car!

Is one of your dogs wearing a lampshade? :dog:

NCStangFanatic,

Glad it worked out for you sounds like your old dealership was upstanding, don't think too may would try to protect their customers like that!!! So congrat's and enjoy your ride, don't forget to post pic's!!

Mike

Sometimes even bad things happen to dealers with a good heart.

It really sounds like this dealer went beyond the call of duty to help you out. Especially considering he had to close his store or possibly forced to sell it per FoMoCo .... have heard some of this going on from some of my connections with Ford Credit

Archived