TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Proglass Hood Some New Paint!

mobeydick

The center split looks to be about 3" wide? could you please take some shots with a ruler next to it & the hood vents so we can see how big they are? also did you add a painted 1" stripe around the edge of the hood?

The bottom of the v is about 3" and the top is about 4".

The slots are about 16' x 1"

• 2 weeks later...
I don't care what it weighs, I need one of those. :dreamy: How much and where did you get it? Did it come painted with the stripes or did you have to send it out for the painting?

Unfortunately, he isn't making them anymore. He sold the mold and plug. There are only i believe 6 of us with the original hoods built by him. Just installed mine to day, after much sleep due to the drive to go get it. Great long drive, and worth it! I also weighted both hoods

Stock: 33.5lbs

Proglass: 46.5 lbs

13lbs difference....but worth it.

Guess this freakin site won't upload jpeg's....will try something different.

Unfortunately, he isn't making them anymore. He sold the mold and plug. There are only i believe 6 of us with the original hoods built by him. Just installed mine to day, after much sleep due to the drive to go get it. Great long drive, and worth it! I also weighted both hoods

search Photo bucket

best way to post pix

thanks for the weight

I don't care what it weighs, I need one of those. :dreamy: How much and where did you get it? Did it come painted with the stripes or did you have to send it out for the painting?

Terry likes to develop the hoods and leave it to others to mass produce them. The six or so of us are fortunate to have our hoods hand made by Terry himself. I requested the stripes and twist locks after seeing them on another hood.

Cal

thx..figured it out

Keith, the car looks great. The color is just perfect! (you know what I mean :P)

Glad you made it home ok and you didn't waist anytime getting it installed.

I'll be heading to Evolution Thursday. (my own little 11 hour road trip :shift:)

Cal

MINE WAS ACTUALLY THE FINAL ONE ( W / TWISTLOCKS ) TO BE BUILT BY TERRY. HE ALSO DIDN'T TELL ME WHO HE SOLD THE MOLD TO.

EDIT: STRIPES ON CAR AND HOOD TO BE PAINTED BLACK ( BY TERRY ) TO MATCH BLACK RAZORS.

MINE WAS ACTUALLY THE FINAL ONE ( W / TWISTLOCKS ) TO BE BUILT BY TERRY. HE ALSO DIDN'T TELL ME WHO HE SOLD THE MOLD TO.

EDIT: STRIPES ON CAR AND HOOD TO BE PAINTED BLACK ( BY TERRY ) TO MATCH BLACK RAZORS.

I thought mine was the last with twist locks. I just picked it up Sat. Oct. 13th. :headscratch: Doesn't matter though. :beerchug:

Cal

Oh, your the one he was telling us about. he was doing his own while we were there, and yours was after i believe. He's getting ready for SEMA. He's got a full plate for two weeks left. Trust me, you'll love it.

Oh, your the one he was telling us about. he was doing his own while we were there, and yours was after i believe. He's getting ready for SEMA. He's got a full plate for two weeks left. Trust me, you'll love it.

THAT'S ME.

Archived