TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque - Still Delayed

Joemat

Ordered mine on 7/26/07.....no charge to my card either yet.

Received mine UPS today! The signature looks great, certainly worth the wait. Also, I received my SVT Certificate today as well. Seeing as today is my birthday, I couldn't have had a couple of better presents and the timing was impecable!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Received mine UPS today! The signature looks great, certainly worth the wait. Also, I received my SVT Certificate today as well. Seeing as today is my birthday, I couldn't have had a couple of better presents and the timing was impecable!

Congrats and Happy B-Day, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said in my post earlier I emailed Shelby to check on my dash plaque order Thursday of last week. The next day I got an email back stating that had received my plaque Thursday and woud ship if that day (Friday). Well here it is a week later still no plaque and more telling still no charge showing up on my credit card which is a good indication they haven't shipped it. The long lead time on this item is annoying but understandable as it is custom made. The idea that they would tell me they were shipping it and then not doing so has left me a little annoyed with Shelby and their part company. Hope you all have better luck.

Mike

Received dash plaque and sills today. Any suggestions on how to remove SVT sill with the least bit of damage to install new sills? Thanks

Use a hair dryer to soften the glue

then easily pry one end with a plastic scraper

then use a piece of fishing line to slip down the entire length to remove the plate

go slow make sure you get enogh heat going to loosen the glue

Are most painting their sill letters color of the car, or leaving stock? Was thinking of painting my letters torch red , now that I have the sills, may leave them as they are. Whats everyone doing?

It seems like the only people that really went into the painting were the ones that didn't like the mill marks in the bottom of the letters. That seemed to depend mostly on how much Shelby sandblasted the letters to remove the mill swirl marks.....

Congrats: Glad to here it is worth the wait. I ordered mine the 1st of Oct. BTY Belated Happy D-Day.

DC

Use a hair dryer to soften the glue

then easily pry one end with a plastic scraper

then use a piece of fishing line to slip down the entire length to remove the plate

go slow make sure you get enogh heat going to loosen the glue

Do you have recommendation regarding clear coat on the plaque?

Received dash plaque and sills today. Any suggestions on how to remove SVT sill with the least bit of damage to install new sills? Thanks

I suggest using your SVT sill plates on your GT500 mailboxs. I did and it looks great.

Mailboxatstreet049.jpg

Archived