TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 Nor Cal GT500 owner roll call...

EXPcustom

Just started this thread to get some info from other Nor Cal members as well as share mine so others may benefit.

See my sig for my info on my GT500.

I paid 7k over MSRP got 0% so I did not mind also got the colors and options I wanted which was near impossible I did stumble upon a few MSRP deals in Sacramento but passed because I did not care for certain options or colors.

I got a 6year/60k extended warranty for $1500 not to be confused with the 5 year thats offered as Ford sells this direct on their website, some dealers were trying to charge 3K+ for extended warranties.

I paid 500 for gap it does varie from location to location.

I am posting these prices as a guide to help others know what should be the maximum price to pay.

Bought my GT500 from Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, I live in Mountain View.

Anyone buy a GT500 out of state that lives in California?

I really want to know the answer to this question because I could never get a straight answer and missed a few out of state deals at MSRP.

I also got mine on the zero percent Ford Motor Credit was offering over the summer. Go figure! I was going to pay cash but instead took their 0% and put the money in the bank at 6%. Too bad they ended that on labor day weeked. The Ford Extended Service Plan is a good insurance policy if you don't plan to modify the car much. Hint: if you never use it you can cancel it in the future and get your money back. Nice Ford program. Wasn't interested in GAP insurance as the value of the car will hold........

Have fun driving at Sears Point!

Patterson, Ca.

Vista Blue w/ white stripes

I will also be at the Livermore car show this Sunday the 30th.

along with my two brothers, 1966 mustang coupe and

1965 fastback

I also have a 1966 mustang coupe track car, getting painted!!

see you all there!

scass

wow, I got mine at frontier ford as well......20k over, last november...I called serramonte, they had a 200 person wait list and 5 cars at the time.....the prices never have come down here, as I said in another thread their floor models are at 82.500 right now...

XP, I assume you ordered yours etc.? not a floor model? That accounts for the huge disparity in price...

wow, I got mine at frontier ford as well......20k over, last november...I called serramonte, they had a 200 person wait list and 5 cars at the time.....the prices never have come down here, as I said in another thread their floor models are at 82.500 right now...

XP, I assume you ordered yours etc.? not a floor model? That accounts for the huge disparity in price...

do you ever drive in the berryessa/capital area? i saw a black (i thought stripe delete) coupe going east on berryessa as i was turning west on berryessa off of capital. i am actually suprised how many gt500's i have seen in my area; eight total. just saw a red w/white yesterday.

I came at the the end of August and told the sales manager the markets bottomed out and even gave him a list of dealers that said they were willing to sell to me at MSRP or 5k over, to show I was not BSing. He did not like what I had to say really but said he is not going to waste his or my time so he said the lowest he could do was 7k. I walked that morning.

After calling all around California looking for a Tungsten with Nav cam back and paid the 7K and yes my window sticker shows 83,000!!!!

BTW a sales kid told me they paid 12k over from another dealer on the blue with white stripe GT500 snd its been sitting for 3+ months.

I can provide copies of my transaction to show the total price almost all got stuck in California having to pay some sort of markup because of the smog papers requiered, few got MSRP.

I'll try this again, since the server went bonkers. I'm a new owner of a 2008 Shelby GT500 purchased from Sunnyvale ford for 10K over. I would also be interested in finding out about the guy that got his car dynoed, as I will be looking for a good reptuable shop to help installing some mods as well as a dyno reading. Nice to meet you guys

I'll try this again, since the server went bonkers. I'm a new owner of a 2008 Shelby GT500 purchased from Sunnyvale ford for 10K over. I would also be interested in finding out about the guy that got his car dynoed, as I will be looking for a good reptuable shop to help installing some mods as well as a dyno reading. Nice to meet you guys

I would love to hear about a reputable shop as well to do my suspension upgrades I am worried about the dealer voiding my warranty if I take it to them since I bought the parts from Shelby direct not them.

NextGen in Hayward, CA..Tell Daniel Steve w/white Shelby from church set you. He'll take good care of you.

(510) 538-8088

do you ever drive in the berryessa/capital area? i saw a black (i thought stripe delete) coupe going east on berryessa as i was turning west on berryessa off of capital. i am actually suprised how many gt500's i have seen in my area; eight total. just saw a red w/white yesterday.

yup that could have been me.....I have seen one..white with red stripes.....they must not get over by me....

HI back at you.....

I would love to hear about a reputable shop as well to do my suspension upgrades I am worried about the dealer voiding my warranty if I take it to them since I bought the parts from Shelby direct not them.

the name escapes me but off Scott on Martin in Santa Clara, therzs a performance shop I heard about from the GT mustang site.....got great reviews...rear ends, other mods...

BTW a sales kid told me they paid 12k over from another dealer on the blue with white stripe GT500 snd its been sitting for 3+ months.

I can provide copies of my transaction to show the total price almost all got stuck in California having to pay some sort of markup because of the smog papers requiered, few got MSRP.

I heard the same in fact the finance guy joey, who sold me my gt back in 05, that that car, wblue on white, came from out of state.....

NextGen in Hayward, CA..Tell Daniel Steve w/white Shelby from church set you. He'll take good care of you.

(510) 538-8088

Thanks man..

When I get my Evolution Stage 1 i'll need someone to help install and get a before and after dyno pull to check everything. What have you had done over there>?

Thanks man..

When I get my Evolution Stage 1 i'll need someone to help install and get a before and after dyno pull to check everything. What have you had done over there>?

Stage 1 - Dyno 515 RWHP, Steeda upper & lower control arms, Panhard Brace and Bracket and 410's. They work on many GT-500's as well as much faster cars...they specialize in Mustangs.

If you're from the Bay Area then you know who Vic Hubbard's is. Call them and ask them who they recommend if this doesn't do it for you...they'll tell you NextGen.

you are the closest one to me on this site that i know of. i am in san jose. i got mine for msrp from dublin ford back in late nov 06. i did have a friend on the inside who helped me get this deal. i didnt pick up any of the extended warranties.

I know the owner..why don't you post your invoice and black out your personal information. He wasn't selling his brother a car at MSRP...just curious and I hate BS.

I know the owner..why don't you post your invoice and black out your personal information. He wasn't selling his brother a car at MSRP...just curious and I hate BS.

I would like to see this too everyone tells me I got a steal at 7k in the bay area on my GT500. Especially for the color and options.

I shopped around since they came out and MSRP was impossible in the Bay area, Sacramento, Yes.

Especially with a Nav system for some reason those were fetching huge mark ups in the bay area and in other areas they were kind of not wanted.

sure thing i can understand what you guys must be thinking. trust me the sales guys were a bit p'd that someone was walking away with the car at msrp. i'll get up a copy of my invoice up on monday when i get back to the office scanner.

where are all the norcal/bay area guys getting their cars dyno tuned at?

sure thing i can understand what you guys must be thinking. trust me the sales guys were a bit p'd that someone was walking away with the car at msrp. i'll get up a copy of my invoice up on monday when i get back to the office scanner.

where are all the norcal/bay area guys getting their cars dyno tuned at?

here you are:

Invoice.pdf

i am sure i am not the only one to get the car at msrp. like i said i do have a friend (who is up there on the ladder) who got me this deal.

Invoice.pdf

Archived