TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Collection Announces Holiday Gala

ColdwaterHotrod

link to story can be found here

http://www.thechromepony.com/News-09-26-07.html

Shelby American Collection Announces Holiday Gala

Carroll Shelby, Bob Bondurant, Phil Remington and other racing heroes will be among the participants at the Shelby American Collection’s 11th annual Holiday Gala, to be held at its museum in Boulder, CO, on December 1, 2007.

The event is expected to draw a crowd of over 400 attendees. The gathering is the non-profit organization’s sole fund-raising event of the year with proceeds benefiting the ongoing operation of the Shelby American Collection museum.

In addition to Carroll Shelby, museum special guests will include 1964 Le Mans GT class winner and 1965 F.I.A. World Championship driver Bob Bondurant, Shelby American Team driver Lew Spencer, team R&D Director Phil Remington, GT350 Project Manager Chuck Cantwell and Tom Yaeger. Shelby Automobiles president Amy Boylan and Bill Neale will also be on hand.

"We’ve planned the most ambitious gala in the museum's history with a prestigious guest list and historic cars that will make the evening very special," commented Steven Volk, Shelby American Collection co-founder. "Carroll and our guests will enjoy a memorable party with highlights such as the unveiling of a Bill Neale painting that will be sold that evening to benefit our endowment fund."

The annual holiday party honors the race history of Carroll Shelby, his legendary 1960s Shelby American Team and the automobiles they built. This year marks the 40th anniversary of their victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1967, as well as the team’s championship Trans Am team.

Founded in 1996, the Shelby American Collection is dedicated to the preservation of Shelby automobiles and the history of the 1960s Shelby American racing team. The non-profit organization’s 10,000 square foot facility museum in Boulder, Colo., houses one of the world’s most extensive and significant collections of Shelby American racing automobiles.

Who can I contact for tickets?

Thanks,

Bill

I don't know. I tried sending an email to their "donations" email address on their website, but it bounced back undeliverable. I tried calling them, but they are only open from 10 to 4 on Saturdays. I just might have to dust off the Shelby and cruise up there this weekend.

My wife and I visited the Shelby American Collection museum yesterday. Very cool place. We are now on the invite list for the Gala. The guy there said pricing should be about $130 per person. They have a sign-up list at the museum, but I'm sure you can call to get put on the list. 303.516.9565 Space is limited and it fills up fast, so get your name in ASAP.

My wife and I visited the Shelby American Collection museum yesterday. Very cool place. We are now on the invite list for the Gala. The guy there said pricing should be about $130 per person. They have a sign-up list at the museum, but I'm sure you can call to get put on the list. 303.516.9565 Space is limited and it fills up fast, so get your name in ASAP.

Thanks Rick for this info: I don't know about the gala but I'll definately be checking out the museum.

CC

Thanks Rick for this info: I don't know about the gala but I'll definitely be checking out the museum.

CC

Thanks Rick for this info: I don't know about the gala but I'll definately be checking out the museum.

CC

Hey CC. Haven't seen you around lately. Checking out the museum is definitely worth the trip. Lots of cool stuff. You should try to make the Gala. I have a feeling it's going to be really cool. How can it not be cool when you're rubbing elbows with Carroll Shelby and Amy Boylan?

• 4 weeks later...

I got my invitation for the Holiday Gala yesterday! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hosted by Carroll Shelby, special guests include...

Bob Bondurant - 1964 Le Mans GT class winner

Phil Remington - Dir of R&D as Shelby American

Tom Yeager - Shelby American Team Member

Bill Neale - Renown automotive artist

AmyB, why aren't you attending?

Sent my reservations in yesterday. Have attended for the last 3 years and it is always a good time. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for driving the cars to the museum.

That's great! I'll see you there. And welcome to the board. I hang out with a few of the local Shelby owners occasionally. I'll be sure to include you on events I hear of.

Archived