TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'08 Bullitt Fizzle?

nachtkriechen

Sorry for the new thread, 1970boss302, but I figured what I wanted to talk about here would stray from your topic on the Bullitt.

Concerning the information provided by Stangnet.com and 1970boss302 in his thread, I understand the information provided may only be preliminary, but, Stangnet did also say the info was "leaked". Back in January, Stangs Unleashed published this article http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...2_articleid=165 in which a new "Bullitt engine" for the 2008.5 Bullitt, boasting DOHC and naturally aspirated 400 HP, was proposed. I was really hoping the Bullitt would get this engine, and, as far as we all know, the Stangnet info could be wrong, and the Bullitt may very well get this monster of an engine. However, should the Bullitt only get the GT engine with the FRPP exhaust (312 HP), does anyone else think the 400 HP engine could go in a 2009 Boss or Mach 1? My bet is a Boss, but, who knows?

There was also an article in the latest news here at Stangs Unleashed for a "Cobra Mustang Niche Engine" found here http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...2_articleid=140 . I have a theory that this engine may very well appear as an "option" in the 2008 GT500s to separate themselves from the first generation S197 GT500s. Any thoughts?

- Josh

I've heard that Ford is currently using two test-mule Mustangs, one equiped with a 4.6 Terminator DOHC (supercharged) engine, and also a N/A 5.4 for an upcoming Boss or Mach 1 variant. Don't forget the Cammer 5.0 potentially for the Boss too. It's hard to say just which one will go into the Boss, but I think it's safe to say the 4.6 3-valve will not be considered for this model. I doubt if you'll see a down-sized version in a GT500, unless the niche engine is to be used for a future GT350 model. Just my thoughts, but who knows for sure?

I've heard that Ford is currently using two test-mule Mustangs, one equiped with a 4.6 Terminator DOHC (supercharged) engine, and also a N/A 5.4 for an upcoming Boss or Mach 1 variant. Don't forget the Cammer 5.0 potentially for the Boss too. It's hard to say just which one will go into the Boss, but I think it's safe to say the 4.6 3-valve will not be considered for this model. I doubt if you'll see a down-sized version in a GT500, unless the niche engine is to be used for a future GT350 model. Just my thoughts, but who knows for sure?

Sometimes I'd really like a fast-forward button for life. I don't wanna wait!

Archived