TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Bullitt is here

1970boss302

I guess most of you have been searching the blogs and found the pictures of the

2008 Bullitt. I looks like a great car for those who can't afford the high price of the

Shelby GT500 and Shelby GT's. Hope to see it on the road this spring .

stangnet.com has some pictures of the Bullitt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess most of you have been searching the blogs and found the pictures of the

2008 Bullitt. I looks like a great car for those who can't afford the high price of the

Shelby GT500 and Shelby GT's. Hope to see it on the road this spring .

stangnet.com has some pictures of the Bullitt

The Specifications

The Pics

Why?

They have a cult following.

312 hp for starters, no set dealer allotment meaning you want one, order it. In 01 they were supposed to build 6500 and they only managed to sell 5582. You'd be suprised how many people including salesman that don't even know what a Bullitt is..... and lastly, it doesn't say SHELBY on the back..

That's my prediction

the way it sounds is that it is only going to have the CAi and a tune...To not even include the exhaust and suspension updates that are included on the S-GT is almost disappointing. If they weren't going to do a unique powertrain, then i was hoping they'd be S-GTs without the SHELBY badging...I already have a couple of people wanting to put deposits down, but I don't have the numbers. I'm hoping no ADM either, the people I meet that want these, aren't just collectors looking for an investment, but drivers looking for an imporved car. i digress, adm commentary is in another post.

I'm willing to believe that ford will bump the HP before it actually hits, we'll see.....

We were able to order 2001 Bullitts freely (no allocation nonsense) and ended up with 8 of them. The first couple we had were sold at MSRP (no ADM's of any kind), then we started discounting them a bit and after 9/11 there was a big rebate or 0% for 60 months when the economy skidded to a halt. I almost bought our last Bullitt, but held off as it just wasn't that much faster than a regular GT to justify trading in the 1 year old GT I had at the time.

I sold several of our Bullitts back then (when I used to be a salesman), and made some great friends in the process. Went to Bullitt events. Was active at the www.IMBOC.com website. One of my best friends owned a Bullitt (since traded in for an 04 Mach 1, which was then traded in for an 06 Mustang GT).

As already mentioned, 6500 01's were planned, but only 5582 were built and sold. They were never back ordered or in huge demand - even before 9/11.

I suspect the 2008.5 Bullitt will follow much the same path. MSRP at the most, just enough built to satisfy demand, mild improvements over a basic GT, etc.

My insider friend within Ford has been telling me for the last 6 months to expect 310hp (sounds like 312hp is the official number now), and a decontenting (no scoops or badges) to give it a kinship to the movie car. My understanding is that it will include the FRPP handling pack.

I check for updated 2008 Mustang order guides frequently to catch the official Bullitt parts list from Ford, so hopefully we'll know soon what you get in this modern day "retro" Bullitt.

If the 312 hp rating is true, its going to disappoint Bullitt fans.

Ford had the opportunity to place this edition between the GT and the Shelby.

Yet another low volume run to give dealers the chance for high ADM's.

312HP, no cosmetic references from the original...looks like a green Mustang GT if you ask me. How weak is that? It would have been a great car if it had 400HP (add a supercharger to the existing 4.6L) and the hood vents and side scoops where added. This is what makes me mad about FORD.

I saw a V6 Mustang the other day and the owner added the chrome M U S T A N G lettering across the back of the truck. Looked GREAT. FORD should do that too!

312HP, no cosmetic references from the original...looks like a green Mustang GT if you ask me. How weak is that? It would have been a great car if it had 400HP (add a supercharger to the existing 4.6L) and the hood vents and side scoops where added. This is what makes me mad about FORD.

I saw a V6 Mustang the other day and the owner added the chrome M U S T A N G lettering across the back of the truck. Looked GREAT. FORD should do that too!

I think Ford and the other car makers are being shafted by the Green people.

They are going to have to watch the MPG numbers and look good for the Green people.

They can't cater to the Hot rodder's like us unless we stand up against the greeners.

I think Ford and the other car makers are being shafted by the Green people.

They are going to have to watch the MPG numbers and look good for the Green people.

They can't cater to the Hot rodder's like us unless we stand up against the greeners.

When I said "green Mustang GT" I didn't mean "enviro-wackos". I meant it looked like an ordinary Mustang GT that was painted green. Big Deal...anyone can buy one of those. Just because it's "Highlander Green" doesn't make it special to me. I want the hood vents. I want the side vents. I want 400HP. I want MUSTANG chrome letters across the trunk lid. I want all the stuff that would make this Mustang a Bullitt. Not just another green Mustang GT.

I hate to say it, but disappointed with this one as well. Not impressed with the Shelby gt either. Went to a dealer today and looked at the SGT up close, not impressed at all. Looks like any other knock off Mustang mod kit.

Glad some of us got the GT500, ADM or not, as I think it is still the front runner. Talking about ADM's you can get the SGT without already, I can't imagine one on the Bullitt.

When I said "green Mustang GT" I didn't mean "enviro-wackos". I meant it looked like an ordinary Mustang GT that was painted green. Big Deal...anyone can buy one of those. Just because it's "Highlander Green" doesn't make it special to me. I want the hood vents. I want the side vents. I want 400HP. I want MUSTANG chrome letters across the trunk lid. I want all the stuff that would make this Mustang a Bullitt. Not just another green Mustang GT.

We know what you meant however, the comment about the C.A.F.E. standards is still relevent. If Ford sells more HP Mustangs, they've got to sell more high mpg cars to make up the difference. If Ford made as many GT500s as the demand would buy, several things would happen. The two most important ones are:

A. Everyone who bought already would be mad as hell :hysterical:

B. The NHTSA & EPA boys would be knocking on their door almost immediately with a court order :banghead:

Ditto for a 400 hp Bullit - it still has to fit in the CAFE picture. That's why if they decide to do a Boss in 09 with the experimental 427 Thumper engine they probably won't be doing the GT500.

Just a reminder that the upcoming Bullitt is not supposed to have scoops and other add-ons. The whole idea of the car is to be understated. That's what makes a Bullitt a Bullitt. And if done correctly, nowhere will it say "Mustang" on the car! It's not supposed to. In keeping with the movie version, it is a very low-profile car. Those who want attention with a Mustang should look at other models that offer that type of appeal.

I too am disappointed with the HP numbers, but the projected 312hp is to keep it under the Gas Guzzler Tax penalty with a regular gas tune. One could easily retune it for premium fuel and gain some HP that way.

Ford is supposed to produce a total of 7700 units (7000-US, 700-Canada) and release the car at the Auto Show in San Fran. on November 14th, 2007. Ford has been very quiet about this model, so it's hard to say exactly what we'll be getting for a final product. Let's hope it surprises all of us in a good way!!

Just a reminder that the upcoming Bullitt is not supposed to have scoops and other add-ons. The whole idea of the car is to be understated. That's what makes a Bullitt a Bullitt. And if done correctly, nowhere will it say "Mustang" on the car! It's not supposed to. In keeping with the movie version, it is a very low-profile car. Those who want attention with a Mustang should look at other models that offer that type of appeal.

I too am disappointed with the HP numbers, but the projected 312hp is to keep it under the Gas Guzzler Tax penalty with a regular gas tune. One could easily retune it for premium fuel and gain some HP that way.

Ford is supposed to produce a total of 7700 units (7000-US, 700-Canada) and release the car at the Auto Show in San Fran. on November 14th, 2007. Ford has been very quiet about this model, so it's hard to say exactly what we'll be getting for a final product. Let's hope it surprises all of us in a good way!!

I respectfully disagree. The car must have the hood vents (just like the original) or some modern interpretation thereof. Make it look like the 396 GT from the 60's, which is what it was. A Highlander Green Mustang GT will be a mistake.

I don't think the few that will buy this car will care about the gas guzzler tax. There are 18,000 GT500 owners who didn't care. For 7,700 units, make the car 400HP. Make is something to desire. Make it something to write about in the press. Make it something that gets people talking about FORD!

The original in 1968 was just that a green Mustang GT, complete withOUT badging and if it weren't for beefing up the Mustang and slowing down the Charger the Mustang wouldn't have stood a chance.

I have said this on the Bullitt site as well, if it could've come with 400+hp, six speed, IRS, massive brakes etc are you now willing to pay 40,000+ for this car? People want it all but also need the car to be affordable. Can't happen in this day. What's that old saying? Horsepower is expensive. EIther way as a Bullitt owner and enthusiast I am really looking forward to seeing this car.

Archived